News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for maliatkb8

Member Name: maliatkb8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Sean Hayes Jokes on the TONYS
 Jun 20 2010, 12:45:47 AM
"Even I'd take a crack at that [Scarlett Johansson]."
American Idiot Stage Door
 May 23 2010, 06:58:17 PM
Any updates? How has the stage door been this week?
American Idiot Stage Door
 May 12 2010, 01:37:19 PM
I tried searching the message boards for this topic, but couldn't find anything... I'd like to hear about people's experiences at the AI "stage door."

I found the cast to be really lovely and gracious. But, unfortunately, did not get to meet John (because of his high-energy demanding role).

Has anyone met him? And, if so, was it on a weeknight? ... He's probably too tired on weekends, after 4 shows.

re: Kenny Ortega hits 'Heights'
 Dec 15 2009, 07:41:25 PM
I would like to at least see Karen Olivo play Vanessa.
Hamlet Stage Door
 Oct 18 2009, 07:55:10 PM
Is the Hamlet stage door "experience" similar to what it was like for EQUUS? Does Jude sign autographs after the mantinees, or does he wait for the evening performance? And, does security require tickets / Playbill's to stand by the barricades, or do they let anyone come by for an autograph?

... I would hope that they would make it easiest for the Hamlet attendees to meet Jude.

Let me know what your experiences were like.

Thanks!

re: All My Sons stage door question
 Oct 22 2008, 02:41:30 PM
Yes. But only a few people get autographs. Whoever's close by as the actors walk from the stage door to their cars.
re: Equus Stage Door Question......
 Oct 20 2008, 01:34:24 PM
The EQUUS stage door is insane! Especially when there's a 2 PM and 8PM show. Then, there's about 2 full theater's worth of people ouside, and the 2PM people get the best spots before the 8PM people even get out of the show.

On saturday, there were hundreds of people outside on both sides of the street. Apparently, this is how it is every night. I've never seen a bigger stage door rush! Daniel Radcliffe sure knows how to draw a crowd!

Katie Holmes/EQUUS review
 Oct 20 2008, 01:30:59 PM
Check it out: http://musingsofapcf.blogspot.com/
re: Equus Stage Door Question......
 Oct 1 2008, 07:54:27 AM
You have every right to think it's "pointless," but, and this is coming from a huge Harry Potter fan, Daniel does have alot to do with the books and their draw.

A lot of people saw the first film before they began reading the books, as HP didn't become a mainstream success until 2001 (when the 4th book and 1st film came out). So, a lot of people have always pictured Daniel as the one-and-only Harry Potter and that means a lot to people who love his story.

Equus is a Broadway p

Britney Spears at In The Heights
 Oct 1 2008, 07:46:50 AM
So, Britney Spears was at the Richard Rodgers Theatre last night! I've seen pictures, and I think she looked glamorous, but I was wondering if anyone on the boards was there and saw her?

I hear she went backstage after the show, and the cast said she was "totally cool," "freaking awesome" and that it was great to have her there.

re: Equus- A Low Advance?
 Aug 17 2008, 05:34:51 PM
First, I wanted to address the comment made about Harry Potter being more popular in the UK than in the US. Although the series is immensely popular worldwide, it consistently reaches its peek in the American market. For example, on the 7th and final books first day of release, it sold 2.7 million copies in the UK and 8.3 million in the US. Therefore, it's untrue that the Brits are bigger Potterheads then the Americans. Just thought that needed to be said. (PS: You also have to assume that just
re: Damn Yankees Final Show
 Jul 28 2008, 11:13:58 AM
Sounds like a pretty successful closing. Thanks for the reviews!
Damn Yankees Final Show
 Jul 28 2008, 09:02:53 AM
Did anyone go to the final performance of "Damn Yankees" last night? What's the buzz? I'm curious to know how it went...
re: Damn Yankees, Sunday Evening- 7/6
 Jul 10 2008, 10:00:21 AM
Thank you for that, jewishboy. You hit the nail right on the head when you said, "Were there signs of Jack McFarland? Yes, but I think they were just signs of Sean Hayes instead."

That is true. Maybe a lot of people don't know, but Sean has always had a very similar personality to his on-screen personality Jack McFarland. Sean, like Jack, is enthusiastic and charismatic in everything he does. Sean played Jack for 8 years... it's obvious that he would become a part of him.

re: My thoughts on DAMN YANKEES
 Jul 9 2008, 05:33:04 PM
Whether you think Sean Hayes was good or not doesn't do anything to kill the fact that he has audiences laughing and applauding after most all of his lines. And, whether you like "Those Were The Good Old Days" or not, it is clearly the fan favorite musical number. Therefore, I think the overwhelming response of theatergoers, whether they're at "Damn Yankees" to analyze acting and singing techniques or just to have a good time, is that Sean Hayes puts on quite an enjoyable performance. Cheers!
re: My thoughts on DAMN YANKEES
 Jul 9 2008, 02:55:55 PM
I saw the show last night with my cousin and we both love it. It was really charming and the whole cast did great.

Sean Hayes was hilarious! (But I must admit, I'm his No. 1 fan and I'd probably love it if he just stood there and read the phone book. I traveled 9 hours to New York just to see him). He has the BEST comedic timing, and is a true joy to watch. But, I was so sad when he didn't come to the stage door after the show... the poor thing was sick. I heard earlier that day that h

re: Rent cast on the Tonys!
 Jun 16 2008, 06:28:35 PM
I wish they could of at least sang more of "Seasons of Love." It was very rushed, and I was sad about that because I was so looking forward to seeing them.

It was nice, but not a fitting tribute.

The Tony people should have cut "The Little Mermaid" and other random performances (even though I love Megan Mullally) and gave more time to the RENT OBC.

And yes, Idina wasn't the only super-star up there. Adam starred in Aida, why did he get the shaft? And, the entire cast

re: Britney Spears to join GREASE Company?
 May 29 2008, 02:25:46 PM
I'm pretty sure this is NOT true. Because, she's currently recording a new album and has just started working on a few TV projects. Also, I'm sure she wont be moving to New York anytime soon... she'll want to stay in LA for her boys.

However, she did an off-broadway show when she was little, so she does have experience. And, people can disagree, but she actually has a good singing voice. She uses a "sexy tone" to fit her music and her image, but she can do some traditional singing as well.

If you'd like to see a video of her true singing voice, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05n5KeoUPg

PS: I forgot to say, I would totally see her in Grease!!!

re: In the Heights '96,000' Music Video
 May 17 2008, 11:37:58 AM
Some of you people are cracking me up. Yes, hip-hop is music!!! Its got a beat, its got melodies, its got instruments... how can you say that that "music" video is not music?

And, yes, they better win the Tony!

re: Taylor Hicks to Join GREASE Cast
 May 16 2008, 11:08:27 AM
For the people who don't like Taylor Hicks, what does it matter to you if he gets cast in Grease? Obviously the people "high-up" in Broadway approved him, so who are you to argue? And, obviously he has a lot of fans (The Soul Patrol), because he did win American Idol, and it does mean something. It means that a lot more people will be attracted to Grease, and to Broadway, because Taylor is a familiar face. And, to me at least, that is not a bad thing. And, as someone said, he doesnt even have a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You