News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for loholly

Member Name: loholly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who is REALLY affected by the strike? Oh, those POOR tourists!
 Nov 10 2007, 01:11:46 PM
Again, we seem to forget the people that come to these shows, pay everyone's rent and without the audience, what's the point?

I agree that this is bad timing. I understand their need to strike, but with the writers on strike, now broadway stagehands...how is average public guy feeling when they pay 120+ a ticket and then can't see the show?

I don't understand why they all stopped talking to resolve their issues? Can someone explain that one?

re: Who is REALLY affected by the strike? Oh, those POOR tourists!
 Nov 10 2007, 11:41:45 AM
We should really respect the audience members who still attend theatre. If someone spent their time getting to NYC to see a show, only to have it cancelled, it's is a shame. Everyone is hurt by this stike, not just the people who work in the theatre, but everyone.

Hope all the stikes end soon.

re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
 Nov 1 2007, 10:11:00 AM
Did I see a different show? Because the show I saw had a full audience, people laughing....big time and lots of engery and fun. Perhaps everyone on this board went to the same bad show or we just had a good one. I went away feeling this was a hit and would welcome the chance to see it again.

Feel bad for those who didn't have the same experience. Oh well. That's theatre, every show/every day is different.

re: Roger Bart Missing Performances of Young Frankenstein
 Oct 29 2007, 12:07:10 PM
Saw the 2pm show on Saturday, it was fantastic. ALL performances were excellent and the direction outstanding. Very impressed with the understudy for Roger Bart. Lots of big laughs from the audience and people were walking out excited about the show. Just because someone is not a big name, doesn't mean they can't pull off a great peformance. Personally, I'd rather see someone young and healthy playing the lead rather than someone with a bad back who is on pain medication. This one looks like a h
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You