News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mastachen2

Member Name: mastachen2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAIR (New Cast) Reviews
 Mar 10 2010, 02:31:08 AM
A tad off topic, but to the person who said Hair isn't rocket science, is she serious? Hair is a very deep musical...you can schedule an entire semester's worth of class just taking it apart, studying the book, the lyrics, the music, reading interviews by Rado and Ragni, and what not. I should know, I took such a class.. lol I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot of the actors are understanding the depth of the book and lyrics right now. Like others, over time, I hope the message will sink in for
re: LES MISERABLES - the movie musical - 2012
 Oct 19 2009, 05:03:40 AM
It's targeted for 2012? Hm at least I'll get my Les Mis movie before the world ends. lol

I really like some of the suggestions posed here, like Geoffrey Rush/Nathan Lane for Thenardier and Ewan McGregor as Valjean. I strongly dislike Lea Michele for Eponine. I never understood why people thought she was good. I saw her perform Eponine at the Hollywood Bowl and thought she was awful. Too popish and...cutesy, which Eponine definitely isn't.

As for director suggestions, I'd like

re: PARADE 10/10 Review- LONG
 Oct 11 2009, 07:32:15 PM
I thought it was Mary, instead of Lila that watched over the proceedings. To me, it would make more sense for Sezniak to be playing Mary when she appears.

I thought the first act dragged, mainly because the tempo to the songs were a lot slower than what I'm used to hearing from the two cast recordings. Other than that, the production was great, but Christian Hoff as Hugh Dorsey tended to overact a little and I found it a little too hard to sympathize with TR Knight's Leo.

Sta

Best, worst, and unique
 Sep 6 2009, 07:03:22 PM
My best experience isn't really at the stage door. Kristin Chenoweth was doing a Q&A at my school, and afterwards, I went looking for a bathroom before I went to her book-signing session. As I approach the bathroom, I hear footsteps running behind me, and it was Kristin, another lady, and two security guards. Since it was a unisex bathroom, I let Kristin go first because "she had more Tony Awards than me". When she came out, she took a picture with me and signed a copy of her book, so I didn't h
re: Into the Woods Revival: Let's Try This Again
 Nov 2 2008, 08:33:16 PM
Did you see her?

She was one of the few Fantines that I wished would've died earlier. I thought she was bad during the dress rehearsal and she was worse during the actual performances.

re: Into the Woods Revival: Let's Try This Again
 Nov 2 2008, 08:30:32 PM
No to Melora Hardin as the Baker's Wife.

She could not handle Fantine at all. How can she handle a more vocally demanding role in the Baker's Wife?

I really think Gleason can still come back to play the Baker's Wife. She really doesn't look THAT much older than when she was in the OBC. She was the original and the best.

re: So, Hugh Panaro's A-Comin' To My School...
 Nov 2 2008, 08:28:01 PM
If you get the chance, ask him whose idea it was to have him wear those ridiculous sideburns when he was in Sweeney Todd back in 02. And if those were real sideburns, ask him what the hell he was thinking.
re: How Long do you think Spring Awakening is going to last?
 Sep 7 2008, 02:11:39 PM
I think sales will pick up drop during the fall but pick up during the winter. I also don't think that fans of Rent are going to flock to Spring Awakening just because Spring Awakening is another rock show. That's like saying a huge number of women is going to vote for Sarah Palin just because she's a women and Hillary isn't running anymore.
re: Blood Brothers/Parade
 Sep 7 2008, 02:05:40 PM
The Donmar production deleted some songs that made the original production brilliant, and added a few songs that just sound out of place.

And no, not all future productions have to be the Donmar production. I recently saw professional production of Parade that used the original Broadway book and music.

The cast is far superior in the OBC too, except for Carolee Carmello, who's just regular superior. The accents in the Donmar recording seems forced and unbelievable. And Christ

re: Random Wicked Casting Thought (about the Stage Musical, Not the Tentati
 Sep 7 2008, 12:03:22 AM
^ Well, I'd like to play Elphaba in the movie. Does that mean we're one step closer to making the movie?
re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
 Sep 7 2008, 12:02:21 AM
I love this choice. She was an awesome Mary Phagan and a decent Belle and Cinderella.

If I lived in NY, I'd be very excited.

re: Lauren Pritchard's voice on the Apple store recording of SA
 Sep 6 2008, 11:59:20 PM
Ew Lauren Pritchard. She's pretty and all but she should stick to... being a regular teenager.
Hilarious Comments...
 Sep 6 2008, 11:56:39 PM
Les Mis is always confusing, especially for people who saw it while Lea Salonga was Fantine and an understudy was on as Cosette, or if the races of the two Cosettes didn't match up.

"So...she grew up Asian?"

re: Matt Morrison and Lea Michele to star in new FOX show GLEE
 Sep 6 2008, 11:54:19 PM
Lea's not that old. She just looks old.

So this explains why she stayed in LA after the Les Mis concert. I always wondered why she never went back to NY and actually got a house here. I might swing by the Fox studio to meet Matt Morrison.

STUPID Spring Awakening Question
 Sep 6 2008, 11:51:24 PM
Just because people are blunt with their negative opinions, that doesn't mean they're rude. Get the difference.

I like Spring Awakening, but I'm under no illusions that it's a good show. I love the energy and catchy music, and the young cast is very inspirational. However, the script sucks, the staging sucks, and the lyrics suck. It tries too hard to be deep and poetic. But as Sondheim once said, "poets don't make good lyricists." It couldn't be truer in this case.

re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!
 May 27 2008, 08:24:37 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=__SkzWvZit4

Tom Lucas aka Tom Lowe as Marius in West End back in 1999.

re: LEAD ACTRESS?!
 May 13 2008, 11:31:28 PM
Honestly, I think Patti is a horrible performer, who was good early on in like..Sunset Blvd...but after Les Mis, it was all downhill for her..., but I think she was nominated because of who she is.

I think it'll be either Kelli O'Hara or Jenna Russell, although I kinda want Kerry Butler to come in and surprise everyone. That would be a Tony surprise I can stomach. lol

re: Shows that should be (back) on Broadway
 May 13 2008, 11:27:10 PM
Beauty and the Beast will never be in the Nederlander because it's not owned by Disney. All the Disney shows are currently playing in theaters owned by Disney.

Back on topic, I think Les Mis should be revived with its FULL ORCHESTRATIONS.

Also:
My Fair Lady
Ragtime
Follies
Company
Assassins
Cinderella
Lil' Abner

Biggest Tony upset ever?
 May 13 2008, 11:20:45 PM
When Follies, Parade, Ragtime, and Grey Gardens lost their best musical Tony, those were the 3 biggest upsets.

Sorry, but Ave. Q was beloved by critics wayyy more than Wicked, and you could have seen it coming all night. Head-to-head, Avenue Q beat out Wicked in every single category except for some technical stuff and the acting category.

That year, and the year Miss Saigon lost Best musical (92 or 91, can't remember), gave me hope that the Tony Awards was not a popularity c

Who was robbed
 May 13 2008, 11:12:00 PM
I was suprised Chris Fitzgerald got nominated. I thought he was horrible. Sutton Foster got snubbed. YF probably should've gotten a best choreography nod too, but def. not best musical.

And what's the deal with The Little Mermaid getting Best Original Score? Is that a mistake? A) It's based on a movie, so it shouldn't count as original B) It really wasn't that good.

Laura Linney got snubbed. Big time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You