News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Curious3

Member Name: Curious3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Incident At Vichy
 Nov 3 2015, 08:21:05 PM

For sale: 2 tickets for" Incident At Vichy" by Arthur Miller for Sunday afternoon 12/13/15 at 2:00 at the Signature Theatre, New York. Great seats. Retail $65 x 2....$130.  Selling for $100.00 total. Please advise immediately.

PRELUDES my review
 Jul 25 2015, 10:14:08 AM
Dave Malloy's "Preludes" a time and mind bending exploration of Serge Rachmaninoff's 3 year exile in non-creativity, works and succeeds on multiple levels. Interpolating Mr. Malloy's own songs and lyrics (some u
Misty Copeland to join
 Jul 6 2015, 11:51:44 PM

For those who don't know (and probably don't care) Megan Fairchild is 1. A brilliant dancer 2. Has been a Principal (highest category) at New York City Ballet for many years. Also, her sister in law Tyler Peck (married to Robbie Fairchild) was originally cast in the role. Tyler is also a Principal dancer with NYCB. She subed for Megan for several weeks. In addition Sara Mearns (another NYCB superstar) also subed for Megan. Not in any way to detract from Misty Copeland, (I've seen her dance wi

Standing ovations during a show
 Jun 3 2015, 02:03:38 PM

I was at An American In Paris last night sitting next to Tony Bennett. He single handedly led two mid-performance standing ovations.

An American in Paris Cast Album
 Jun 2 2015, 03:05:52 PM

The An American in Paris cast album is officially released today on Sony Masterworks. Take a listen:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Paris-Original-Broadway-Recording/dp/B00WJ3BQXQ/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_mus?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1433271540&sr=1-1&keywords=an+american+in+paris

Tuesdays at Tescos - Thoughts?
 Jun 2 2015, 11:58:34 AM

I attended this past Sunday mattinee. Callow is a truly superior actor in this one man/woman exploration of his identity and relationship with a father. Introspective and cerebral but quite entertaining and touching. The ending of the play is clear if you listen and are attentive.

Is Robert Fairchild the best actor this year, or the best dancer?
 May 31 2015, 01:40:40 PM

If he wins, and I hope he does, it'll be because of the whole shootin' match. No one in any show (with the exception on Curious Incident) has to put out as much sheer energy and call on as much talent in every area as Fairchild and do it all in such an accomplished way. The only one that comes close, in my opinion, is Tony Yazbek. Further, considering this is his first theater outing let alone Broadway this warrants his win.

Best Actor in a Musical
 May 18 2015, 11:32:00 PM

I go with Fairchild. His presscence in AAIP is massive and nothing competes with the final 14' dream ballet. My second choice is Yazbek for his rendition of Lonely Town as well as being a wonderful dancer. This is very difficult.

Best Featured Actor (in a play and musical)
 May 18 2015, 11:21:25 PM

I'll go with Max con Essen or Brandon Uranowitz in American in Paris. Not the front runners but their contributions are formidable.

LA Times calls for Tony for FUN HOME
 May 15 2015, 05:26:39 PM

Fun Home may indeed take Best Score and Best Book but my guess is An American in Paris takes Best Director, Best Choreography and BEST MUSICAL. The best choreography and best director in this case is inseperable. Further, piling on against Craig Lucas' book is simply wrong headed, in my opinion. MOST critics DID NOT AGREE that it was "bad", it is simply not as formidable as the other major elements. And those on this BB that keep screaming about its "awfulness" are many of the same folks who

Fun home or an American in Paris?
 May 12 2015, 11:21:52 PM

It's almost "criminal" that these shows must compete against each other, this is an example of why awards are so absurd. But since the awards exist I vote big time for An American in Paris.

102 y/o Dancer Sees Herself on Film for the First Time
 Apr 22 2015, 08:21:51 PM

This is a first rate posting. Thanks, so nice to see something really positive on this BB.

Riedel: Tony race heats up as Neverland fades, and Twentieth Century butts heads with King and I
 Apr 18 2015, 11:27:48 AM

If the ability to project performance art at its highest level together with demonstrating incredible power and stamina, let alone sing and act (well), then indeed ROBERT FAIRCHILD should be the choice. However, Tony voters might have other lesser criteria.

ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Apr 17 2015, 10:50:16 AM

First rate show on every level. I saw three times. First two with Megan Fairchild (sister of AAIP star Robbie Fairchild) and the third time it starred Tiler Peck (wife of AAIP star Robbie Fairchild). I feel very close to this show on musical grounds and being a massive ballet fan have had many, many chances to see all of those named above in Balanchine, Wheeldon, Robbins and so many other serious modern dance works. I do believe this show will play through the summer and lets all hope the BO

An American In Paris Looks Strongest In Tony Race
 Apr 15 2015, 09:00:28 AM

Amazing how a few weeks, or even days ago, the buzz on these boards by many were that this show was dead and buried. Wow, I've been calling this THE WINNER for months. Handicaping ain't so easy at the track and certainly not B'way. Congrats to this original, inspired and powerhouse show.

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews
 Apr 13 2015, 09:51:29 PM

@indytallguy............I have absolutely no objection to personal criticism of this or any other show, movie, book or ANYTHING for that matter, but don't you think it is only fair and wise TO FIRST HAVE SEEN OR EXPERIENCED IT.  So many folks, it seems, just want to be noticed and would pull the wings off a butterfly if it got them there.

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Reviews
 Apr 13 2015, 06:18:29 PM

I have been posting about this show since I first saw it in Paris. I loved it then and love it even more now that it has gone through various preview revisions. When I first posted I was accused and vilified by some as being a shill and that "they" predict a massive failure, a show that the public would have no interest in. Some of the persons who posted on these BBs clearly had no insight, no writing skills, and a major chip on their shoulder. Were they, are they "wannabes", "jaded theater g

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Previews
 Apr 13 2015, 06:01:22 PM

I have been posting about this show since I first saw it in Paris. I loved it then and love it even more now that it has gone through various preview revisions. When I first posted I was accused and vilified by some as being a shill and that "they" predict a massive failure, a show that the public would have no interest in. Some of the persons who posted on these BBs clearly had no insight, no writing skills, and a major chip on their shoulder. Were they, are they "wannabes", "jaded theater g

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS Previews
 Apr 11 2015, 03:55:10 PM

This show, if successful and maybe even if not, will have pushed the boundaries of dance (ballet) on B'way. It is in my opinion the third step in the evolution of dance in a B'way show. First was Agnes DeMille (Oklahoma and Carousel) Second was Jerome Robbins (West Side Story) and now Christopher Wheeldon.

This year's Tony performa
 Apr 11 2015, 03:46:54 PM

If the entire scene in context can be done from AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, then the show stopper performance would be MAX VON ESSEN "I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise".

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You