News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lusciouslace

lusciouslace Profile Photo
Member Name: lusciouslace
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

An Interview with Ryan Duncan, Original Cast Member of Altar Boyz
 Oct 2 2010, 01:15:22 PM
Altar Boyz debuted in New York City as part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival in September 2004. The NYMF cast included Cheyenne Jackson as Matthew, Tyler Maynard as Mark, Andy Karl as Luke, Ryan Duncan as Juan, and David Josefsberg as Abraham. Most of the original cast then opened the show Off-Broadway in 2005. One of the members of that original cast, Ryan Duncan, got his start in the DC theatre scene. Dominion Stage (of Arlginton, VA) recently got a chance to chat with Ryan about his experiences in Altar Boyz. Check it out!

http://blog.dominionstage.org/page/2/

Dominion Stage presents Altar Boys.
Book by Kevin Del Aguila
Music and Lyrics by Gary Adler & Michael Patrick Walker

Produced by Richard Isaacs , Directed & Choreographed by Patrick M. Doneghy, Music Direction by Keith Tittermary.

Altar Boyz is a musical comedy full of sharp parody, sinfully spectacular dancing, and irreverent humor about a fictitious Christian boy band. The show follows the five über-talented heartthrobs: Matthew (Patrick Kim), Mark (Mickey D DaGuiso), Luke (Rob White), Juan ( Aaron Alexander), and Abraham (Chase Maggiano) on the last night of their “Raise the Praise” tour. Throughout the show the boyz learn about brotherhood, facing tough decisions and how important they truly are to one another. With their angelic voices, sinfully spectacular dancing and a touching story, the Altar Boyz are destined to rock the masses of all denominations!

PERFORMANCE DATES: Friday, Oct. 01, Saturday, Oct. 02, Thursday, Oct. 07, Friday, Oct. 08, Saturday, Oct. 09, Sunday, Oct. 10, Thursday, Oct. 14, Friday, Oct. 15 and Saturday, Oct. 16

Purchase tickets at www.dominionstage.org

And Now Get Ready To Make Some Noise For The ALTAR BOYZ…

Jennifer Love Hewitt: I'm looking at possibly doing Broadway
 Jun 5 2010, 02:09:23 AM
This board is cracking me up! I'd be in for the Can't Hardly Wait musical, too.

But honestly, she started on Kids Incorporated. She was singing and dancing in Sister Act 2. She's put out a couple albums. She had a great run on Party of Five, so decent movies, and a successful TV show with Ghost Whisperer. (4 seasons is nothing to sneeze at.)

I think she'd do well on Broadway.

re: Laura Bell Bundy in 30 or 40 years,,,
 Sep 17 2009, 04:00:15 PM
Link and pic aren't working
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?
 Jul 2 2009, 01:32:41 PM
Some names would be helpful! I think I know a lot of these people's faces and probably their names, but not necessarily together. :)
re: The Official Broadway Bares: Click It! Thread
 Jun 23 2009, 04:24:43 PM
Maybe I didn't read well enough, but can anybody tell me why Whitney Thompson (from America's Next Top Model) was there? Is she doing something on Broadway now and I'm just totally unaware of it?

re: Photo Coverage: BROADWAY BARES 19.0 'CLICK IT' Backstage Pass - Part Two!
 Jun 23 2009, 11:06:15 AM
Maybe I didn't read well enough, but can anybody tell me why Whitney Thompson was there? Is she doing something on Broadway now and I'm just totally unaware of it?

re: Why The Phantom Of The Opera Just Doesn't Work As A Piece Of Theatre
 Jun 17 2009, 01:19:22 PM
jejr- "Schmung (sp?) you hate the show, leave it at that and go on to something else."

She's merely trying to present a discussion topic. Seems that others are enjoying the discussion...sooo methinks that if you hate the topic then maybe you should leave it at that and move on to another thread...

re: Kutcher to Star in LaBute's FAT PIG?
 Jun 17 2009, 10:39:38 AM
"I'm looking forward to The Players' tribute to Ashton Kutcher, who, when he's at his best, resembles an actor."

Wow...that's not at all snarky.

Does anybody know anything else about the casting of this?

re: Anna Hathaway as Millie?
 Jun 15 2009, 12:38:12 PM
I think she'd get the physical comedy part right, too. That'd be great! I would love to see a movie version of the staged show, because the 60's movie is soooo different.
re: RENT 6/14 Matinee in Denver
 Jun 15 2009, 12:30:52 PM
Because a lot of people never got to see the original cast members and have sentimental connections to the show. I would have loved to see it. I don't really care about their ages. Hey people loved Grease the movie when it had 30 somethings playing high school kids, same goes with 90210...same thing to me.

Uncageg, I'm jealous! I was broke when it was here, so I couldn't see it, but I'm glad to know it was awesome.

re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy
 May 27 2009, 12:02:17 PM
While I think she's talented, I can't stand to listen to Faith Prince in several cast albums. Her over enunciating is distracting and infuriating to me.
re: Sutton's cariacture is revealed...
 Mar 6 2009, 03:59:26 PM
I've been thinking for a while that the cariactures haven't looked like the people at all. LBB's looked like a picture of a Barbie, not LBB.

Then I went to Sardis for lunch a couple months ago. I saw all the older drawings, where you could tell immediately who it was supposed to be and that made the new ones even shoddier. Does Sardis really think that whoever they've hired is doing a good job?

re: Guys & Dolls Question
 Feb 19 2009, 05:33:52 PM
I think what the first few posters were saying that if they were going for the "fat guy" look, then they should have given the part to the many talented actors out there that fit that physical description. Alternatively, if they wanted Titus, then forget the fat suit. Why is it necessary. I don't think it's the look that they find annoying. It's the principle.
re: Anne Hathaway cast in Twelfth Night
 Feb 12 2009, 12:04:39 PM
I can't wait! This is very exciting!:)
re: Musical of Musicals: The Musical- In Washington, DC
 Jan 24 2009, 05:46:06 PM
Oh Timmer, I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for the great comments!

Were you there on Saturday? I think I might know who you are...I think I might have been sitting behind you. :)

Musical of Musicals: The Musical- In Washington, DC
 Jan 23 2009, 01:35:34 PM
I started this thread on the Off-Topic Board, but thought you all might be interested, too. Maybe :)

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=988286&boardname=off&dt=5&boardid=2

Thanks!

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 7 2009, 12:04:17 PM
It's funny because I was just thinking about this the other day, before I knew the thread existed. I think that Annaleigh is a really pretty name. Sutton's cute. But yeah, I just think Annaleigh looks pretty and sounds pretty. :)
re: Weird Facial Expressions
 Dec 31 2008, 01:01:49 PM
BroadwayBound- I completely agree about Sutton. Her expressions are usually adorable and add so much. I loved the physicality she brought to Millie. It was sort of goofy and and graceful at the same time. It added a lot of humor. Just love it!
re: Weird Facial Expressions
 Dec 31 2008, 12:56:14 PM
I CANNOT watch Jennifer Holliday. I can listen to her and think she's enormously talented. But I can't look at her, because of her crazy facial expressions and I think she unhinges her jaw at points so that she can open her mouth wider than what should be humanly possible. I can't do it....watching her makes irrationaly angry and makes my skin crawl a little. I wonder if that counts as a minor phobia. It would sort of be torture if someone forced me to watch hours of her on tape.
re: Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried
 Dec 29 2008, 10:49:21 AM
While Amanda's voice and vibratto are fairly unique, I actually think it's quite lovely. I thought it was refreshing and different. I really liked everything about her performance in that movie. :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You