News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Steve C.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Member Name: Steve C.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Times Square Pop-Up Performance  Oct 15 2020, 02:04:07 PM

I just saw this today. You can actually see and hear what each person is going through in their voices! There is grief but such strength and resilience! You can't watch this and not be thankful and yet hopeful, and just cry and cry...

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th  Oct 9 2020, 10:37:54 AM

I agree with Kad...Broadway will never be the same.

I have tix for Music Man and I still doubt a December previews date.

I wonder what's happening at The Palace? They closed SpongeBob. They are raising the theatre with a new ground floor with commercial space; with all these renovations, they could be designing and building the first Covid theater space??

Live stream of The Government Inspector  Jun 16 2020, 01:53:22 PM

Urie and everyone, excellent; it just didn't transfer well. A for effort! It's great to see the ambition and willingness to try new productions this way. (Buyer and Cellar was great "virtually"

Thanks to everyone involved and remember to donate!

Great Shows That Deal With Racial Injustice  Jun 16 2020, 01:47:07 PM

Finian's Rainbow....

Kiss Of The Spiderwoman Revival?  May 8 2020, 01:47:10 PM

The new show on CW Katy Keane did a pretty good job of interpreting Kiss just a few weeks back. All the characters in the story got to perform songs from the show, as the main story line is that one character is actually performing in his off Broadway debut. They even put the cast album out on iTunes/mp3's.You should give it a listen or see if you can DVR the episode.

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 24 2020, 01:33:12 PM

Even though it was written over 50 - 60 years ago, any of the politicians in "L'il Abner" !! All you have to do is listen to "The Country's In The Very Best Of Hands"...

a revival of this could not be more timely. Great songs, score...book would need work for today. Also. the choreography was incredible. (Michael Kidd I think) ...this is an "uncut gem" from the 50's..

1996 interview - Betty Buckley talks how she got 'Sunset Boulevard'  Apr 24 2020, 08:46:14 AM

Well, gang, all I know is Betty is THE best Norma. I saw BB 4 times and she is always, "Norma"... I saw Close the 1st and 2nd times and while she is characteristically fun she's different; BB is definitely the truly best singer. Even in Hello Dolly, Buckley becomes "Dolly" in her own stunning ways. I really wish they had recorded the entire show and not just the EP with Betty too....There is a better than average b/l on youTube of both acts and I watch that over and ov

Terrence McNally has died from coronavirus  Mar 24 2020, 04:18:07 PM

This is really the saddest news I could have heard today. Terrence McNally's words and wit and humanity will sorely be missed. The lights are definitely dimmed tonight...

btw, did anyone see that untimely episode of "Katy Keane" last week that was "Kiss Of The Spider Woman" themed with song and dance numbers from the cast? Pretty good for them for tackling such material.. 

Quiz- Can you name all 71 Best Musical Winners?  May 27 2019, 12:13:06 PM
There are two posters with all the winners ,( if you feel the need to cheat) one for musicals one for plays ...triton probably has it...mine are in the closet . Have fun !
Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway Blu-ray  Jan 20 2019, 10:04:44 AM

Amazon have some listed at $26.81. Some are $86. Go Figure. Mine looks fine

Beautiful ! TTFN! Abby! Yay ! Evan Todd..  Dec 31 2018, 05:00:20 PM

My husband and I got a chance to see Abby's last show in "Beautiful" yesterday and she is just as mesmerizing as when she started. After a little break, let's hope she gets another big break on Broadway.

And Evan Todd, continues to surprise me. He's been playing Gerry Goffin since 3/17 and his performance only gets better! He's a real triple treat, (Spring Awakening) and if you haven't seen "4th Man Out" you should check out that film. S

Kennedy Center Honors '18  Dec 27 2018, 08:43:22 AM

I agree with ACL, the tributes did have their better  and "best" moments. Glass had a great moment to tell his story. Adam Lambert and Cyndi truly killed with wonderful and funny performances. Kristin, as much as I love her, still makes totally odd choices. (Hamilton anyone ?) My friend John, that worked it, said CBS edited 3 + hours of filming down to less than 2 hours, almost every act got edited down...(that's sad)...Does anyone know if they archive t

Kennedy Center Honors '18  Dec 26 2018, 09:44:36 PM

I won't lie; it's great to see Nancy Pelosi sitting next to Cher...

As for the show this year, every honoree has told a compelling story, very worthy and deserving them all.

The tributes are as always, hits and misses.

Unbelievable Fosse/Verdon cast in Miranda's FX series  Dec 25 2018, 12:32:04 PM

Wow, it must be great to know everything. FYI, I did search back 150 posts; just saw it In Playbill, soooo sorry.

Happy Holidays

Unbelievable Fosse/Verdon cast in Miranda's FX series  Dec 25 2018, 12:12:04 PM

Can you believe this??

- previously mentioned Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams, - Ethan Slater - Joel Grey, Margaret Qualley - Ann Reinking, - Norbert Leo Butz - Paddy Chayefsky, - Laura Osnes - Shirley MacLaine,

- Bianca Marroquin - Chita Rivera, - Kelli Barrett - Liza Minnelli, - Susan Misner - Joan McCracken, - Evan Handler - Harold Prince, - Paul Reiser - Cy Feuer...

This looks and sounds great! Let's hope it is...Ethan, Laura, Bianca, Kelli...wow everyone deser

The Cher Show Audience Opinions.  Dec 24 2018, 07:10:21 PM

Hey there DRS, the simplest thing to ask is "Do I like Cher enough to go see this show?" I've gone twice and while it's not "Beautiful" or "Ain't Misbehavin'" it certainly can reside on Broadway. I myself thought "Jersey Boys" "Motown" the tour of "Ain't To Proud" were interminable messes, but had their moments. I love Motown music but come on! Donna Summer benefited from stellar vocals by LaCha

Kennedy Center Honors '18  Dec 24 2018, 03:58:41 PM

It's way to early for Cyndi or Kristin. What about Angela Lansbury, Diana Rigg or Maggie Smith. Lansbury has won Oliviers and BAFTAs..Rigg and Smith are theater and television royalty.

As for this years' show, our hair guy, John, was one of "more than the usual number" of wig/hair/make-up people this year. He said the show has some phenomenal moments. The "Schuyler Sisters" are absolutely tremendous; it is possible to blow the roof off the Opera House!!

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Dec 2 2018, 09:41:13 AM

I can say the Kennedy Center/CBS have hired more hair, wig, make-up people than usual for the KCH.

I'd expect a long shoot today but with the "Hamilton" gang and Cher...my hair guy is thrilled anyway!!

( I feel sorry for Glass..)

It should be a great show. 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 27 2018, 04:46:26 PM

Thanks all and thanks Luscious for that wildly funny YouTube of Laverne singing "The Lady Is A Tramp" She sachets down that runway like she has a giant turd in her spandex pantsuit! That would have been really cute  in the show.   

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 27 2018, 09:12:25 AM

Thanks for the info on the Laverne character. I guess I should have been a little more specific in my question relating to her...

Did SJB get to do a song while wearing that hilarious costume? Or was that something cut from the show and they just gave the "costume"  a "walk-on"?? It just seems like a lot of work for a 10 second cameo.. Did anything change from Chicago to Broadway?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You