News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dinglehopper89

dinglehopper89 Profile Photo
Member Name: dinglehopper89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=dinglehopper89
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Legally Blonde Demo
 Jul 28 2008, 09:17:24 PM
I think Kerry Butler only did maybe 3 songs.
This is definitely not Kerry: youtube.com/watch?v=QSkHrgEnUio
and I just listened to Serious and that isn't Kerry either. And neither is What You Want.

edit: I just listened through a bunch of them and Kerry is singing in Beacon of Positivity, Good Boy, Legally Blonde (reprise), and So Much Better. =D

re: Legally Blonde Demo
 Jul 28 2008, 08:32:19 PM
I think there are a few different girls on the demo actually. And yes one of them is Kerry Butler. I don't know who the other 2 or 3 are.
re: IF you had to steal ONE THING from a Broadway show...
 Jul 27 2008, 12:36:43 PM
Ariel's wig...er Sierra's Ariel wig
Cause if the character Ariel wore a wig...I would be pretty upset that her natural hair color isn't bright red.

re: Was anyone at Laura Bell's last show?
 Jul 24 2008, 11:50:53 PM
on -the site- someone uploaded some highlights from Laura Bell's last show. Just look up 'Laura Bells Last Highlights'

You get to hear (in part 1)
the minute long applause from LBB's entrance
'thank you Dequina'
'more than legally blonde...shame spiral' bit
'stretch it out ms woods'
Orfeh's AMAZING Ireland reprise
End of So Much Better

And there's also a part 2 where you can hear a bunch of stuff...such as the laughing from Laura kicking her leg up 30 t

re: The Search for Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 24 2008, 02:06:37 PM
they might have done it because most of those pictures featured old cast members.

Aren't all pictures outside Broadway theaters of the original cast though? Such as Spamalot and Rent.

Jul 24 2008, 12:32:09 PM
Kind of random but, was replacing all the cast on stage photos with one huge picture of Bailey and a story on her 'rise to fame' really necessary?
I'm not trying to be mean or anything I just think they went a bit over the top with it.

As for Lauren and Kate. Lauren is squeaky but I hear no shouting. Kate sounded shouty in that clip of her audition for Grease, but when I saw her in LB, she sounded fine.

Jul 24 2008, 12:20:16 PM
There were a bunch of people at stage door and they were holding up a sign that said "The Overnight Crew." Could they be the people you were talking about?

I actually was thinking overnight crew meant people who fixed stuff up after the shows at night but then I was like...why would they be standing here, at stage door, with a giant poster...?

re: All I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned on Legally Blonde: The Search for
 Jul 23 2008, 04:19:56 PM
Nice one Spork, but don't forget that they shouldn't fit properly and it must be 40 degree weather in the theater.

Seth really is god...lol

Jul 23 2008, 02:53:31 PM
WOOO Kerry Butler!!!
Except in Legally Blonde...why is Emmett saying he's going back to the sun and shore...maybe it's in a certain context and I just missed it or something...

edit: I just listened to it again. He says "Please don't go back to the sun, back to the shore."

re: All I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned on Legally Blonde: The Search for
 Jul 23 2008, 02:26:36 PM
Yea Bernie did and Seth Rudetsky makes fun of it in one of his blogs
 Jul 23 2008, 12:33:31 PM
I LOVE Love and War. Especially Annaleighs "Ninja kick her through a door!" and then the way Leslie sings "Pull her hair and call her whore!" The vocals of the 3 main delta nus were shown off more in Love and War.
I don't really like Beacon of Positivity. It's catchy but I think I like Love and War the most. Only thing is that the dance break in Love and War seems out of place to me and works out better in Positive.

re: Bailey's 'So Much Better' Enters itunes Top 100 Chart
 Jul 23 2008, 11:46:03 AM
But that could be because LBB's So Much Better was on the cast recording and so people wouldn't need to buy it on iTunes. Only way to get Baileys is iTunes or Amazon, etc.
re: Bailey's 'So Much Better' Enters itunes Top 100 Chart
 Jul 23 2008, 11:40:13 AM
try 2 of a kind!
I really liked Cassie...she was def not Elle Woods but I liked her singing. I'd buy her single over Bailey's any day.

Jul 23 2008, 11:26:55 AM
The score for LB is ok. It doesn't compare to Hairspray's score, but it's serviceable. But whenever I listen to LB on my Ipod, I always skip over "Serious", "The Harvard Variations", "Blood In The Water", "Ireland" (and it's reprise), and "Take It Like a Man".

Hehe. With the exception of "Take It Like a Man," Elle isn't the lead singer/doesn't sing in any of those songs. Put "Whipped Into Shape" on the list and then it's basically only Elle songs that you like from the show. Just

Jul 22 2008, 11:51:35 PM
Hmm I've never listened to Good Boy
But I agree, I really do not like Blood in the Water. Whenever I rewatch the MTV taping I skip that number.

They should get rid of Blood in the Water and give Kate like 2 maybe 3 more songs =D

re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
 Jul 22 2008, 08:05:15 PM
That's true...
But I also saw Becky as Elle and loved her. I was upset that I wasn't seeing LBB because it was my first time seeing the show but she blew me away and although I will admit that I didn't like her better than Laura (which I know proves your point lol) she came very close to it.
And also, I reaaaaally want to know when that recording of So Much Better with Bailey took place because I did not like it and if it was recently, then she obviously did not become good enough. Only

Jul 22 2008, 07:17:07 PM
Well then I guess the LBB vs Bailey is really just opinion.

I'm mostly worried that Bailey won't be able to handle the role because she's never done 8 shows a week before and now her first broadway experience is a very demanding role and she never had smaller roles to work up to it and get used to it.

And just to clarify, I never said she was off everytime she belted...someone else did.

Jul 22 2008, 07:01:24 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...there is no way Bailey is better than LBB.
I don't think Bailey will last longer than a month and even if she does Autumn will sure have fun understudying all the time. And sure LBB was out, but that was after like a year when her voice was starting to go.

And she was off key at one point, the judges pointed it out during the performance and I heard it.

re: Is anyone going to go see Legally Blonde now that the reality show is o
 Jul 22 2008, 02:47:41 PM
I would like to see Kate as Elle but I just saw LBB's last performance and have no ride to the city today or tomorrow...however, I will see the show again when Autumn is understudying. I used to like Bailey in the beginning of the show and now...not so much.
 Jul 22 2008, 01:26:56 PM
I believe he's posted that message more than 3 times...I would say around 8...which is 7 times too much.

And I wanted to hear a speech too! I love when little stories are told on a performers last day =D

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You