pixeltracker

Winner of "Search for Elle Woods" Contract

Winner of "Search for Elle Woods" Contract

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Winner of "Search for Elle Woods" Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:35am

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-21-elle-woods-winner_N.htm

Here it says she is contracted for six months and not the rumored two weeks. Which is true?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:37am

Interesting she mentions Glinda. Does she have the soprano notes?

Wicked doesn't need her to sell tickets, so I doubt they'd come calling.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#2re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:00am

It would seem that her first two weeks will be like a trial run. If the producers don't feel it's working out during that time, they can let her go. Otherwise she's in for 6 months.

NYC10040
#3re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:08am

Bailey says regarding Wicked: "I really relate, because she's bubbly and blonde. And short."

Shows to me what an immature and undeveloped actress she really is.

jake6970
#4re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:09am

I think you guys are reading too much into it. She can't make a random cute comment without being attacked?

NYC10040
#5re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:12am

Well - she said she was the perfect Elle but she never struck me as being that bright. I think part of the show should have required the girls to take the real LSAT....whichever girl scored lowest should have been eliminated :)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:13am

Well, most of the Legally Blonde rumors have turned out wrong, so I'd assume, this 2 weeks stuff is probably the same.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:14am

I do feel that peopel are reading WAY too much into the whole Glinda thing.

That being said, from what I understand it isn't uncommon for a show that is cast via reality show to have a 2 week trial period for the winner. I know that they did this in Grease and I think they do this in the West End with the recent crop of reality casting show there. The whole point is to see if she is good and for the people who did the casting to make sure that there isn't a mistake. For Grease it was to make sure that the people voted two people who could actually do the show and for Legally Blonde it is to make sure that the judges picked someone that can do the role.

It's just a saftey net so to speak. If she can't do it they can pull the plug after two weeks if she is fine she will continue for the 6 month run. But, after reading a comment in the spoliers for the reality show thread about her not doing so well in rehersals I wonder how she will fair in her turn on Broadway. I will tell you one thing. That watching this reality show has got me wanting to go back and see Legally Blonde one more time. And, I thought I was done with that show for a long time if not forever.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

NYC10040
#8re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:17am

Well - that's what you get for subjecting yourself to a reality series...people are going to read quotes that you made and use them to judge your ability to analyze and embody a character. If she doesn't want people to judge her comment, then she shouldn't have been on a reality show. In fact, let's just stop casting Broadway show's via "reality" (I put this in quotes since they arn't realistic at all) t.v. :)

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#9re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:19am

there's not much under those golden locks...

do they do brain transplants?

ko74612 Profile Photo
ko74612
#10re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:21am

It strikes me as funny that someone would want to be seen as an "Elle Woods" or "Glinda".

I guess some people don't mind being typcast?

Why do we follow leaders who never lead?
Why does it take catastrophe to start a revolution?
Tick Tick BOOM

SporkGoddess
#11re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:27am

I read that Bailey was in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum, so she could very well have soprano chops.

But there's already a thread for this article...

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#12re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:31am

Now isn't that funny Laura Bell has played Elle AND Glinda, big shocker Bailey wants to be Glinda.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:38am

Let's see, something that was officially stated in the press, or something that was just a random rumor. I wonder which one to believe!

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/22/08 at 01:38 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#14re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:50am

And, keep in mind she did say she would LIKE to not that she was GOING to play Glinda. Big difference. I understnad that there is taking out of context and someone who has a big local and national (I guess) spotlight has to be careful of what they are saying. But, there is a difference between flat out just not reading what the person says and taking it out of context. She isn't the first actor who has said that they would like to play a particular role in a public forum like a newspaper or an interview etc.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#15re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 2:11am

I wonder if she wants to play Amber in Hairspray too? Actually with her snooty entitled attitude that would be such a great fit!

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#16re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 2:21am

lol, wintersky, or she wants to be in ruthless too.
i have to say ashley spencer and aubrey o'day are both sweethearts when not performing as amber and play amber very well.

bailey seems she would fit the part before, during and after the performance if she were amber.
rock me sexy jesus and make it a two week contract. Updated On: 7/22/08 at 02:21 AM

ladyblakeney
#17re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:23am

Hmmm, but she won't have an MTV recording of LBB-as-Glinda to memorize. That could make things tough.

Flippancy Profile Photo
Flippancy
#18re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:53am

Oh, she's so very young, isn't she? Bless her heart. She'd better move past wanting to do all the blonde cute roles. If she wants to have a career, that means her only option down the road will be the Jayne Mansfield role in WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? -- at the Far Rockaway Dinner Theatre in Squeedunk, Missitucky.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#19re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 9:12am

Yes, friends and neighbors, this total f**king HORROR is finally over. Shame on all of you for watching this corporate tripe.

ALL of you!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#20re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 9:13am

She is cute and a good dancer, she can't sing or act very well, but she is perfect for Jerry Mitchell to mold her into what he wants for the show.

And she's almost too young, I'm just waiting for her to be like "I'm so tired, 8 shows a week is hard y'all!"

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#21re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 10:11am

Let's see - 20 years old, chosen by reality show, hadn't seen a Broadway show before now - yeah, she's paid her dues and can expect to just name the roles she wants from now on. All the kids breaking their butts in the ensemble can sure relate to that.

SporkGoddess
#22re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:57pm

Bailey didn't just copy LBB's performance. Not in last night's auditions, anyway.

She seemed very authentic and fresh to me, personally.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

broadwayrob
#23re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 3:48pm

Let's also be honest about the Galinda thing. Becky Gulsvig, when she did the Q & A thing on this board said her other dream role is Galinda.

It's a fun role. Why wouldn't a girl want to do it?

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir

Videos