News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for S.Liling

Member Name: S.Liling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Yet another superb broadway by the year
 Apr 11 2008, 03:48:24 PM
After March's "The Broadway Musicals of 1947," I was wondering how Scott Siegel and co. would ever manage to live up to the precedent set by that all-time-best night. It turns out I needn't have worried. While it's true that, without a director who is also a choreographer, 1954 lacked the inventive dance and overall ultra-professional seamlessness that characterized 1947, director Scott Coulter nevertheless managed to use his own, relaxed style to weave together an evening of terrific entertainm
Broadway by the Year on Playbill.com
 Feb 22 2008, 11:58:08 AM
Have fans of the Broadway by the Year series seen this article today on playbill.com?

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/115244.html

It's an enlightening profile of the series and the process undertaken by its creator, Scott Siegel, and his collaborators.

My husband and I have been attending these concerts for several years, but, as I'm sure is true with audiences at most successful artistic endeavors, I've never really considered how much work must go into putting on each of these one-nighters. They just come off so simply and smoothly that they seem effortless. Bravo to Scott Siegel and his team for all the hard work - keep up the good work!

re: Broadway Unplugged
 Nov 19 2007, 02:41:12 AM
definitely still on. I just stopped by the box office Saturday to make sure. Thank god for this bit of Broadway during the drought. And thanks, bwayrocks_ca for that link to Playbill. I was excited enough about stars like Marc Kudisch, Emily Skinner, Barbara Walsh and Beth Leavel, but I had somehow missed that Andrea McArdle is in it, too! Can't wait until tomorrow.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You