News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bondgirl

Member Name: bondgirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

First Preview of An Enemy of the People
 Sep 16 2012, 10:02:47 AM
I sat on the aisle of far House left and the view was a bit obstructed. I'd stick to the center if I saw it again.

I did think that the play was well acted and I enjoyed the set design.

Enjoy!

Sending mail to actors on broadway
 Mar 22 2012, 06:59:32 AM
I've had success addressing to the actor in care of the stage manager at the theatre.

Good luck!

The Best Man
 Mar 7 2012, 07:16:23 AM
Thanks for your helpful comments, Rudy. I can't wait to see this when I'm in NYC in April!
adivce please!
 Feb 27 2012, 09:03:41 PM
Welcome, and safe travels!
Lombardi on Tour in 2011?
 Dec 19 2010, 10:01:22 PM
I know it's a bit early to ask, but does anyone know if this show plans to tour next Fall? Although the show is an open ended run, I agree with others that it won't run past the football season. I also can imagine that the producers would want to squeeze as much $$ as they can from it and tour NFL cities next season. Any thoughts?
Broadway at the Whitehouse PBS 10/20/2010 9pm- Lane, Menzel, Kimball, Hamlisch, Olivo, Stritch, Mcdonald, d'ArcyJ
 Oct 20 2010, 09:05:25 PM
Thank you!
The 2010 Tony Award Host Thread
 May 11 2010, 10:09:47 PM
Betty White??
re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?
 Jul 6 2009, 08:54:27 PM
From what I remember, Meatloaf's "Bat Out of Hell" was written to be a rock opera that never happened. That would be my choice.
re: For us Patti LuPone fans!
 Oct 24 2008, 10:18:15 PM
I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting!
Billy Elliot Seating Question
 Aug 24 2008, 04:23:16 PM
From those of you who saw the UK production or are familiar with the Imperial Theater: is this show better seen from the Orchestra or Mezzanine?
re: Boeing-Boeing?
 May 2 2008, 12:49:47 PM
I enjoyed the show a lot, too. Saw it last Sunday. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Baranski is worth seeing in this role.
re: Do you like to listen to the cast recording before you see the show?
 Apr 13 2008, 11:16:11 PM
Someone told me that a vacation starts when you start planning it. Since I live in the Midwest, preparing is part of the fun.

I was "dragged" into musicals blind with my parents when I was growing up and didn't enjoy the experience. As I got older, I didn't believe that I got my "money's worth" if I didn't know the plot, songs, etc. Thus, I like to hear the music from the OBCR and also read/view whatever the musical is based on.

re: GMF's CATERED AFFAIR review !
 Apr 13 2008, 11:02:10 PM
I saw it Friday night and agree with GMF. Tom Wopat was not feeling well, but from what I could tell, it did not diminish his performance. Solid book, direction, & cast. I enjoyed the music and felt that it advanced the plot; but none of the melodies stayed in my mind.
re: CHEAP hotels in NYC near theater?
 Apr 1 2008, 11:01:46 PM
I know you said that hostels are "out of the question"; but you may want to rethink this. I've stayed at the youth hostel near Columbia. Here's the link:

http://www.hinewyork.org/

It wasn't a bad experience and they do have some private rooms.

It's just short subway ride away from all of the Times Square action.

Hilarious Comments...
 Feb 4 2008, 02:32:58 PM
Overheard prior to the start of Evita last weekend, "Did this show come out before she died?"
re: Cheap food during my March '08 trip to Broadway -- Help!
 Jan 10 2008, 03:16:07 PM
There's a deli next to the Hotel Edison on 47th street that has a salad bar, bagels and sandwiches. Its a good value for a breakfast or lunch on the run.
re: Idina Menzel sang national anthem at PatsVs.Giants game
 Dec 29 2007, 10:10:12 PM
NFL Network is showing it in HD & the networks aren't, also.
re: Wicked Seating Queston
 Nov 24 2007, 06:22:13 PM
I was in Left Orchestra Row F 13 in September and thought the view was fine. Your seat should be fine. Enjoy!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You