News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jigblob

jigblob Profile Photo
Member Name: jigblob
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Complete Moulin Rouge tour casting released
 Mar 20 2022, 12:03:11 PM

Did the playbill list the alternate Satine performance schedule?  Or is it more like an Elphaba-like standby situation?

BEETLEJUICE Reviews
 Jul 31 2019, 09:37:08 AM
Does anyone know of any planned cast member absences/vacations over these next couple of months ?
Official FROZEN Performances Thread
 Mar 13 2019, 10:48:47 AM

Does anyone know if they put up the "At this Performance" board at a specific time prior to curtain?  I know some of the houses do it an hour or so beforehand but wasn't clear if this was a common practice for most shows... 

THE CHER SHOW Reviews
 Jan 10 2019, 10:55:05 PM
I know its been asked before, but any updates on the status of a potential cast recording? My guess is that if they havent announced anything yet, its probably unlikely although that would seem surprising...
Jessie Mueller Voice
 Mar 10 2017, 10:20:20 AM

Did this happen toward the end of her Beautiful run as well?  I wonder it seems like that score was probably easier on the voice than Waitress (although more songs to sing). 

I think she has a beautiful voice and am so looking forward to finally seeing her in Waitress this weekend... we'll see if she's in but more importantly I hope she is ok and is taking care of herself! 

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
 Mar 9 2017, 11:00:26 AM

Just wanted to give an update for anyone who has been trying to get (last minute) tickets, but I took the advice of whoever mentioned checking Telecharge as some tickets may become available in the days leading up to the performance.  I was able to snag a non-premium, regularly priced orchestra ticket (Thursday) for this Sunday's show on the Telecharge website, so I would definitely recommend looking into this.  Thanks again for the advice!

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
 Mar 1 2017, 04:15:08 PM

Has anyone been trying to do the cancellation tickets?  I have sort of an impromptu day in NYC next Saturday and am willing to pay full price for a ticket...wondering if it's worth going to the box office an hour before the show to see if I can snag a single ticket.  I got lucky doing this for Jersey Boys back in 2006 and I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off again...

Appreciate any help/tips!

Laura Michelle Kelly Leaves Mary Poppins, Ashley Brown comes back
 Feb 22 2011, 04:24:22 PM
"Ashley is doing a concert with the Indianapolis Symphony Feb 11-13. That is what she is doing this weekend."

Kind of off-topic, but Ashley was fantastic in Indianapolis. I didn't even know she was going to be there until 3 days before, but I am very glad I was able to catch her. She is really talented, it was great hearing her sing non-Mary Poppins songs (although she did do a little bit of that, of course) Also, Ben Crawford was there too, and did a rendition of "This is the M

Spider-Man changes?
 Feb 21 2011, 07:17:02 PM
i'm kind of curious too...i've been trying to keep up with the main thread but it becoming kind of hard to learn anything about the actual show from a 69 pages that consist of about 5 bashes for every 1 informative comment...
Legally Blonde tour set?
 Oct 11 2010, 03:17:59 PM
off topic but im really impressed with nikki's vocals.

and i'm also shocked they went back to the original key with this song...anyone know the reason for this? i thought they lowered the key because way the score was originally written was really vocally straining for the elle to do 8x/week?

Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
 Jul 16 2010, 12:59:09 AM
"She has incredibly expressive eyes."
--AMEN to that. particularly after she sings "so what do i say to these faces that i used to know...hey i'm home." (around 1:38 )

I never saw Mandy, but I really loved Arielle when I saw her. One thing I noticed after seeing her both in Chicago (December '09) and then in Austin (April '10), is that she seemed to become more comfortable singing this song the 2nd time I saw her. In chicago I felt like she seemed a bit reserved/nervous about hit

GLEE, Morrison, Michele, Tony Awards, Chenoweth & More Receive 2010 Emmy No
 Jul 13 2010, 01:35:05 AM
whatever. he plays a likable character but i think the only reason most ppl love him so much on this board is because he's gay. even though 50 people may defend him and post that i know nothing about anything and that i'm just an ignorant bigot, there's no denying it's true.
 Jul 12 2010, 06:55:26 PM
nope, but i knew someone would get bent out of shape about my comment.

"Colfer is openly gay[6] and shared on Access Hollywood that his parents were accepting of him but he was frequently bullied at school."
--sounds like his exact character to me.

Jul 8 2010, 01:51:15 PM
chris colfer does not deserve an "outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series" nod....he's not even acting. his character IS chris colfer, and just because he's playing what he has been in real life (a gay high schooler who is bullied by the football team) doesn't mean he deserves an acting award. good singer though.
Those 'Bummer' Moments When They Announce An Understudy...
 May 10 2010, 05:59:51 PM
--I love that you believe that. But this like any other career and feelings do play a part. In fact, there is a certain narcissism (for lack of a better word) that goes along with being an actor. A need to do good work and have that work to be validated. I would love for you to have to get in front of a large crowd and have them show obvious disdain for your presence. And then after that, id like for you to tell me that it didnt affect you in ANY way. Whether or not you feel its part of the job
Those 'Bummer' Moments When They Announce An Understudy...
 May 7 2010, 12:36:17 AM
"It just sounds so ungrateful to me. And its largely due to people not understanding the inner-workings of theatre. Without that u/s going on, those groaners would be standing on the street corner looking for something else to do for the night. Wondering how they can reschedule or get their money back, and how much of a hassle this is going to be, or complaining that they are only in town for one night... etc. But instead they are in their seats, watching a u/s work their butts off, just so that
Hybrid songs
 Feb 23 2010, 04:27:35 AM
Does anyone know any showtunes that are what I'm calling, (for lack of a better word), hybrid songs? By this, I mean that several characters each kind of are singing their own unrelated song as they all come together it makes for a really cool effect.

It's kind of awkward to explain, but examples that come to mind that I really like include:

Christmas Bells --Rent

Blackout--In the Heights (also the end of 96000 and part of finale have this same thing going on).

Fantasia in the Color Purple
 Feb 17 2010, 03:51:16 PM
I saw Phyre Hawkins go on as Celie before Fantasia came back (Kenita Miller was the principal) and although I will admit it was my first time seeing the show, I thought she was really good...is she no longer an understudy?
The 'In The Heights' Tour has one major problem...
 Jan 29 2010, 12:05:31 PM
Does anyone know why Yvette is no longer on the tour? It's only been like 3-4 months, that's very strange that someone would already be leaving...
re: In the Heights Tour Review--Chicago 12/28
 Dec 30 2009, 09:30:14 PM
For the show on the 28th, and since there were 3 of us there, we got 6 student rush tickets total all next to each other in row U of center orchestra, which were actually phenominal seats (didn't pick up any of the sound problems everyone is complaining about).

This was at about 10:20 (20 min after the box office opened). However there were still plenty of seats in the rows behind us so I'd say your chances of getting rush tickets are very good, at least on a weekday.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You