Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE

eatlasagna
#1Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 9:14pm

I really enjoyed her performance in In the Heights... like I said before, I think she has the perfect look and voice for Nina... looks and sounds like someone in college...
http://www.kost1035.com/common/edhardy_studio/index.php?id=83

THDavis Profile Photo
THDavis
#2Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 9:31pm

I liked it a lot and I feel like she is probably who I saw on tour. It's very pretty and touching, I just didn't feel the emotion from the middle of the balcony here in Chicago. She's really quite good on camera though.

tinysinger87 Profile Photo
tinysinger87
#2Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 9:39pm

I saw her on tour and absolutely LOVED her

rmusic11322
#3Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:17pm

She sounds great. Here's another video of her singing the song:
Live on WGN-AM radio

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#4Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:19pm

I saw her on tour and she is so great. I loved in the role. Her voice is so incredible and beautiful. She was probably my favorite lead.

CateBroadway Profile Photo
CateBroadway
#5Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:21pm

WOW! She is wonderful! That's the first time I've ever been moved seeing that song performed. She has incredibly expressive eyes. I'll echo the fact that the camera loves her. It's probably great that she'll be performing in LA.

mpd4165
#6Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:36pm

Her and Benny were one of the best things about the tour. Their moment at the end of Blackout took my breath away.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#7Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/13/10 at 11:56pm

Add me to the list of those who saw her on tour in Chicago! It was the first time I had ever seen the show and I loved it!

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

Tori_Ann
#8Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/14/10 at 11:53am

Saw her the first saturday of In the Heights in Los Angeles. Arielle is absolutely incredible. I met her at the stagedoor after the show and she was so sweet and gracious. I could see her having a successful career in anything she wanted to do because she has an amazing voice as well as incredible acting skills.

P.S.
Aw, look at Lin. He's so into it. Which makes me even happier. :)

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#9Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/14/10 at 2:32pm

She's really incredible. I saw her on the national tour of High School Musical and was amazed at the truth and commitment she found in such terrible material.

I prefer the harshness of Gonzalez's voice, but it's clear that Jacobs is a hundred times more believable as Nina than the much older Mandy was.

jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#10Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 12:59am

"She has incredibly expressive eyes."
--AMEN to that. particularly after she sings "so what do i say to these faces that i used to know...hey i'm home." (around 1:38 )

I never saw Mandy, but I really loved Arielle when I saw her. One thing I noticed after seeing her both in Chicago (December '09) and then in Austin (April '10), is that she seemed to become more comfortable singing this song the 2nd time I saw her. In chicago I felt like she seemed a bit reserved/nervous about hitting the notes during the "big" part of the song (from "when i was a child i stayed wide awake....on." But then when I saw her in April she really let loose and confidently belted the crap out of the ending, just as she did in this video.

And I echo mpd4165...she and Benny were the show highlights for me (and IMO, Natalie Toro and Sabrina Sloan, in particular, were fantastic as well).

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#11Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 11:26am

As much as I love Mandy, I really prefer Arielle. Her voice is so clear and beautiful. She's so much less aggressive and more believable. She looks great on camera too. I think she'd be a good choice for the movie, even if she's not a "name".

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#12Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 1:11pm

I thought she was holding back a lot when I saw her in December '09 in Chicago. She was an awesome Nina. I saw Mandy Gonzalez in October '08 and she was great too. Arielle had the innocence that Mandy did not. But Mandy had the voice Arielle did not. I am so glad Arielle has settled into this role because that was one hell of a performance!! Just to comment on Natalie Toro, her "Enough" gave me chills and I felt like it brought down the house.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#13Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 1:13pm

She has grown into the role vocally, which is good, considering she stank up the theatre when I saw it in March.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#14Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 1:17pm

BroadwayBound 115, I agree with you on Natalie Toro. The number sure didn't get that kind of reacton on Broadway. She knocked it out of the park.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

DirtyRottenGirl Profile Photo
DirtyRottenGirl
#15Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/16/10 at 7:06pm

I loved her on tour. She has such a beautiful tone and presence that lights up the stage. She gives me chills.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#16Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/21/10 at 10:42am

For those in L.A., she will be singing Breathe on the KTLA morning news at the top of the 9am hour. I'm guessing there is a good chance it'll be uploaded to the KTLA site... either there or somewhere else, the Broadway/L.A. and Pantages facebook pages are pretty good at updating!

The cast did a cabaret benefit Monday night and she did an amazing rendition of Tori Amos' Silent All These Years.

eatlasagna
sweetchocolatechip Profile Photo
sweetchocolatechip
#18Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/23/10 at 1:13am

Wow. Her voice is pretty good. Ive seen Mandy Gonzalez as Nina on broadway and she's just amazing! Good Job Arielle!

"Be the change you wish to see in the World"~~Ghandi "If music be the food of love, play on." -- William Shakespeare---

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#19Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/23/10 at 1:33am

She sounds fine on "Breathe," but I watched the clip of her in "When You're Home" and how awful! Is that suppose to be her acting? I am not impressed. She seems very amateurish to me. Me no likey.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Jon
#20Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/23/10 at 11:40am

She's absolutely stunnng on stage. The audience loves her.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#21Arielle Jacobs singing BREATHE
Posted: 7/23/10 at 11:53am

Arielle is a one-of-a-kind "Nina" and that is in no way meant to diminish Mandy Gonzalez' interpretation of the role but Arielle does make the role her own. She's beautiful.