News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iluvmydog

iluvmydog Profile Photo
Member Name: iluvmydog
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MARY POPPINS!
 Feb 25 2008, 03:33:11 PM
We took 3 children (girl 14, girl 11, boy 7) to see Mary Poppins last night and we LOVED IT!
We had front row orchestra, this was the kids' first broadway experience.
The musical was all I expected and MUCH more! I really feel we REALLY got our money's worth and then some. And that theatre is beautiful!

(Had a late lunch at Carmines, went to F.A.O. Schwartz and Toys R Us, and then to Juniors for dessert all before the show- food was delicious - stores were very entertaining fo

re: Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
 Feb 20 2008, 07:34:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Guess we will play it by ear and pop in one of those spots for dessert. We are definitely going to Carmines for a late lunch and then we will walk around and then do dessert.
Lunch and dessert on Broadway?
 Feb 20 2008, 10:41:28 AM
Hi - we are heading to see Mary Poppins 6:30 show on a Sunday. We were going to have an early dinner at Carmines but they are booked so we will probably do lunch around 2:00 and then walk around the city before the show. Was thinking of taking the kids for ice cream someplace special before the show - any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!! (Oh and any other suggestions for dinner, kids are 7, 11 and 14 - I figured Carmines would be a good call - huge portions, order 2 or 3 dishes and share

re: Les Mis seats
 Dec 11 2007, 04:48:58 PM
Well I am pretty close to the stage - 7th row I believe, and only about 2 or 3 seats away from the far side, so I guess our view of the side action will be obscured a bit. Oh well - no biggy, the price was right, and atleast we will enjoy the music during those moments. :) It was very hard for me to tell what our view would look like. Unlike the Mary Poppins theatre website where you can get a much better idea. Thanks for the info.
re: Les Mis seats
 Dec 11 2007, 01:26:43 PM
Bummer - tho I kinda figured that might be the case.
What will it be obstructed by?

Les Mis seats
 Dec 11 2007, 11:48:50 AM
Hi -

I posted here a week or so ago about musicals to take kids to.
I opted for Mary Poppins in February - was able to get really great orchestra seats.

Then on my way home last night I heard that Les Mis is going to end in January and I really want my boyfriend to see it. I have seen it twice years ago and love it.

Soooo I bought two seats to see that a few days after Xmas.

Too late now but anyone know if the orchestra seats to the right of the stage ar

Mary Poppins Christmas Ornament
 Dec 6 2007, 12:20:49 PM
Has anyone by chance come across a Christmas Ornament from Mary Poppins??
Theatre District restaurants
 Dec 5 2007, 08:36:51 AM
Anyone know of any good message boards to discuss dining options for pre theatre?

I'd like to find a fun place to take kids in the theatre district area for dinner before a Sunday evening show at 6:30.

Thanks!

re: January Discount Codes
 Dec 5 2007, 06:24:59 AM
I got front orchestra seats to Mary Poppins for $85 - similiar seats on other websites were almost double that.
re: January Discount Codes
 Dec 4 2007, 10:29:31 PM
I found discout codes for Mary Poppins through March - on Broadwaybox.com today
Onlineseats.com
 Dec 4 2007, 07:57:53 PM
Has anyone bought tickets through this website? They seem to have a lot of tickets and multiple options per date.

Thks -

re: BEST musical for kids?
 Dec 4 2007, 04:55:07 PM
A war of epic proportions? Lovely - (big laugh). There is enough drama in 'real life' - so I don't need the aggrivation.

The majority of you were nice though!

Thanks again! :)

Dec 4 2007, 04:28:28 PM
Ahhh lighten up - it was funny.

The ONLY thing I am 'afraid' of is spending $650 on a 2 hour musical that the little guy doesn't like. The girls are easy and will love anything we see.

Sorry - not made of money, so I am just trying to choose the best show. Not that anyone on here or anywhere else for that matter can guarantee this.

This is hysterical - I never thought there would be SOOOO many very emotional responses to such a generic question! LOL

Tha

re: Ticketmaster
 Dec 4 2007, 12:23:00 PM
I can actually go to Ticketmaster in person I believe. That is how a friend of mine purchased tickets recently.
re: Ticketmaster
 Dec 4 2007, 12:22:18 PM
How do I buy tickets via Roundabout?

Dec 4 2007, 07:12:41 AM
"I mean, seriously guys, GYPSY for a 7 year old BOY ????? Gimme (and him) a break !!! "

THANK YOU - I was starting to think it was just me!!!! LOL

Dec 3 2007, 09:10:04 PM
I think we all have a different opinions of what a first broadway experience should be. My first was Sweeney Todd and I hated it! I did't really care for Chicago either- found it rather boring. Have seen many, many, many musicals and the classic Disney stories were some of my favorites. All a matter of what your taste is. :)

Dec 3 2007, 09:00:39 PM
The almost 7 year old is your typical little boy - totally FEARLESS! :)

I have seen Lion King and don't feel that it will upset or scare him - but the action he will love. He is familiar with the story - so knows about the Father dying.

Thks for input.

Dec 3 2007, 08:31:55 PM
I saw Les Mis 3x - cried my eyes out every time. Loved it. But it isn't appropriate for a 6 year old.
Thks for the feedback tho!

(These are not my kids - they are my boyfriends kids. They have never been to a Broadway production. I plan to play it safe this time - and go 'edgy' some other day. lol)

Dec 3 2007, 07:04:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We would like to go soon since they are Xmas gifts - so in January or February some time if possible. We could never get in to see Wicked that fast.

I think seeing a favorite Disney production on stage is an entirely different experience rather then watching the movie and I think for the little guy - seeing a story he is familiar with is a bonus. I know his attention span and what he likes - and shows like Gypsy (I have seen) and Hairspray would

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You