News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ole Chum

Member Name: Ole Chum
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Guys and Dolls at the Hollywood Bowl...Post your comments here!  Aug 3 2009, 02:25:35 AM
ellen greene seems to be all charm but no voice. she sounds like a total mess. biel is boring, but the girl can sing, relatively well. she actually reminds me of a weaker/less trained josie de guzman. just me?

re: Alice Ripley out of N2N tonight..  Aug 2 2009, 07:49:42 PM
alice was brilliant in the role but phillips sounds wonderful in that clip.
re: Hair on Conan  Jul 14 2009, 12:29:27 AM
Audience seemed very weak. You could tell they were sitting there with their arms crossed, bored.

The Tony performance was much much better. Gavin didnt sound as good. Saycon knocked it out though.

Conan  Jul 14 2009, 12:28:21 AM
havent gotten to see Hair live in NY yet, but I thought Saycon just sang the **** out of the end of that number... wowzahs!

re: Closing date for South Pacific?  Jul 8 2009, 02:02:39 AM
...why would LCT want to lose out on all the millions they are making off of South Pacific, thereby funding future LCT productions?When a theater company scores a hit like South Pacific, they should milk it as much as possible.

Im just amazed that this revival is still going so strong, years later. Im waiting for attendance to peter out so i can get an affordable ticket!

re: Amy Spanger Leaves ROCK OF AGES  Jun 29 2009, 04:51:05 PM
you saw every performance she gave in ticktickboom?

re: Amy Spanger Leaves ROCK OF AGES  Jun 29 2009, 04:36:42 PM
this is so strange. theres a story lurking underneath the surface here. she sounded fine at the tonys and performed well in the months leading up to them.... then she takes a month of vocal rest...and then shes fired the day shes supp to come back?

odd.

and while i have no idea what happened or if shes seriously suffering vocally, anyone who says that she cant sing speaks from sheer ignorance. i saw her in chicago and ticktickBOOM, and in both, her vocals were outstanding. im

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 26 2009, 08:13:33 AM
Law firms book these summer events months in advance- theres no doubt this outing to next to normal was planned by their recruiting staff in the winter/early spring- when getting tickets woulda been fairly simple.

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 26 2009, 12:26:17 AM
what law firm?
re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 25 2009, 02:37:56 PM
right, and sleeping on the street to see either is somewhat abnormal behavior. i find it very VERY humorous that people here (not necessarily ljay, sorry!) are willing to look down their noses at the people lying on pavement to see an u/s in next to normal, from their own encampment a few blocks away waiting to see patti lupone ONE.MORE.TIME!

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 25 2009, 01:59:06 PM
im not sure i understand why its "reasonable" to stay up all night to see Patti's last show in gypsy but its somehow not as reasonable to do the same for a random u/s in n2n.

both involve extremely devoted, probably unhealthy, behavior. patti's stardom doesnt make one any more normal than the other.

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semitic?  Jun 24 2009, 01:11:30 PM
Jews get anti-Semitism for creating a country where there already was one? so pre-1948, anti Semitism bad, but now, hey, they asked for it?

and what country was there, exactly?

ROA LOTTO  Jun 22 2009, 04:14:55 PM
she sounded fine on the tony awards.

very weird. former RENT Tour cast members not doing too well these days huh?

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semitic?  Jun 19 2009, 02:11:53 AM
democracy never ceases to amaze, huh?

best of luck to all the students in iran.

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semitic?  Jun 18 2009, 08:45:07 PM
She can do whatever she wants- of course its her opinion. I thought we were discussing whether said opinion is anti-Semitic? In her opinion, Jewish/Israeli mothers teach their children to hate Arabs and urge to do unto Palestinians what the Germans did to the Jews.

She has the right to that opinion, and I have the right to call it what it is: irrational anti-Jewish sentiment dressed up as something more politically correct.

And, i should add, I strongly believe in both her ri

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semitic?  Jun 18 2009, 06:07:27 PM
I think if the Jews in Russia were routinely firebombing Russian citizens' homes or attacking Russians on the street, AND Fiddler On The Roof was a sweeping generalization of the entire history of Jewish settlement in Russia, then yes, such a failure to include the "good" that the tsar showed towards the Jews would be one-sided and unfair.

yet again, paljoeys point is well taken: what good did Sholom Aleichem and crew leave out?

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semitic?  Jun 18 2009, 04:16:26 PM
Paljoey hit the nail on the head.

Its hard for Churchill to hide behind the good ole "I dont hate JEWS, i just object to the Israeli government" canard when she clearly creates a character as equally connected to World War II as she is to the modern Israeli state.

i was mortified when i first read it, for her, and for the many mindless "theater folk" who creamed themselves over this drivel in London.

re: Churchill's Seven Jewish Children - Is This Play Anti-Semetic?  Jun 18 2009, 01:15:21 PM
Offensively so.
re: August Osage County closing June 28  Jun 17 2009, 09:16:53 PM
i dont think anyone expected it to run through next season, but yeah, once it made it through the winter months (in the throws of a recession) i thought it would make it through the tourist-heavy NY summer.

and i think the producers did, too, for that matter. they did NOT bring in rashad and have the show re-reviewed for four weeks of performances.

re: August Osage County closing June 28  Jun 17 2009, 07:26:54 PM
didn't Rashad JUST start? how long will her run have been?

surprising they didn't think they could make it through the summer rush...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You