pixeltracker

Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting

Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting

NakedMaid Profile Photo
NakedMaid
#1Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:19pm

Amy Spanger hasn't been in RoA since TONY Sunday.
This is too long for a scheduled vacation and if it were vocal problems/medical leave, don't they normally announce that kind of thing? (They always do for Laura Benanti!)
I think she may have left the show.

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#2re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:23pm

Amy is no longer part of the show. Breakdowns for her role went out last week.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#2re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:24pm

I hope she's ok.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

PiraguaGuy2
#3re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:25pm

What the hell happened?

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#4re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:26pm

I wonder if she stopped drinking the kool-aid & realized what show she was in.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:27pm

I don't like this. I am a fan of hers and she is one of my Broadway crushes. Seeing her in the show was amazing in so many ways.

I do hope she is okay and that she is able to find work soon. It seems as if she is in a show once every few years and I am hoping that she is able to return to the stage soon.

Anyone know what happened?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Yankeefan007
#6re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:27pm

Sounds juicy.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#7re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:28pm

uh-oh

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#8re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:36pm

Maybe we will find out soon...

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#9re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:40pm

All this time we've been worrying about Karen when we should have been about Amy. lol

In seriousness, hope she is ok and still with the show, I'm sure theres a reason shes gone. And 2 weeks isnt that long for vaca. Some people on tour take a few cities for vaca, up to 3 weeks.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#10re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:41pm

Well, if this thread gets deleted...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#10re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:41pm

Someone I know who is a big fan of the show said is she out until June 28 on vocal rest.

dramatothemax Profile Photo
dramatothemax
#12re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 1:48pm

She is only out for a couple weeks.
Updated On: 6/22/09 at 01:48 PM

itwontbelongnowx Profile Photo
itwontbelongnowx
#13re: Amy Spanger Out 16 Shows and Counting
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:05pm

Amy is scheduled to be back on June 29th.

tking001
#14ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:07pm

Has the lottery for ROA been packed?

#15ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:09pm

I hear it's because she's a big Poison fan and is horrified what her show did to Brett.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:19pm

So....which is it? Vocal Rest or our of the show. The latter is certainly more interesting...but I have no ill wishes for her.

(And no....don't really expect a "correct answer".

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#17ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:20pm

Well if nothing else it could be a nice break for Savannah Wise.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#18ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:31pm

I'm guessing it's a extended vocal rest.

Melissa Errico, who was Mina, took a huge one right after DRACULA, the musical opened, as in September through October and the show opened in late August. (and don't forget it closed on New Years)

"Well if nothing else it could be a nice break for Savannah Wise."
Probably, Elizabeth Loyacano (who is in Phantom as the Christine alternate) must have gotten recognized because she was asked to audition for Phantom! The Las Vegas Spectacular and got the (shared) role of Christine....!

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#19ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:33pm

I hope Amy hasn't left the show. I have a friend who wants to see this and I'm willing to go basically because of Amy.

dramatothemax Profile Photo
dramatothemax
#20ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:46pm

There are role breakdowns posted because everyone's contracts are up in September.

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#21ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 3:29pm

what are role breakdowns?

I'll take the wind and soar.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#22ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:14pm

I do doubt that everyones contract is up in september. For most shows the original cast is contracted for either a year since previews start or either opening night. I have trouble believing that the Rock Of Ages cast is contracted for such a short amount of time.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Ole Chum
#23ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:14pm

she sounded fine on the tony awards.

very weird. former RENT Tour cast members not doing too well these days huh?

birdboy782
#24ROA LOTTO
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:32pm

as per the "breakdowns" -- no they arent seeking "possible" replacements -- they are seeking a new Sherrie, and another cover.

Videos