News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Eleah

Eleah Profile Photo
Member Name: Eleah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Jun 20 2013, 11:35:18 PM
I love Cats.
I was on the bus with Leap of Faith.
I wanted to wear Raul's disco jacket, but it wasn't anywhere to be found at the Broadway Flea Market.
I liked most of Season 2 more than Season 1 of Smash.
I think Tom Wopat is a hack.
I think that a majority of encores shows belong in theater stock and not the NY stage, like Girl Crazy.
I think LuPone is perfection and could listen to her audiobook for hours.
Alice Ripley's acting triumphs any sour notes for me in Nex

When will we get CHICAGO Fan Day tickets?
 Jan 11 2011, 03:31:39 AM
If you decide to give your ticket away I will gladly take it
Broadway Wish For 2011
 Jan 1 2011, 12:30:18 AM
a new musical that is successful and original and makes me feel something written by an unknown writer that is given a chance on Broadway that has shown his or her work somewhere regionally and brings known and unknown talents to Broadway that care about the work and are excited to be in the project.
David Yazbeck as a songwriter
 Nov 7 2010, 03:34:50 AM
I think he's a highly intelligent writer who is wonderful at writing comedic musicals. Women on the verge should have been taken on the road beforehand, and many of its problems would have been gone....However yazbek's other works are absolutely delightful and hilarious and charming.
Worst Act 1 Finale's
 Nov 3 2010, 01:01:46 AM
Sorry but the worst Act 1 ever belongs to Plain and Fancy where the entire town has shunned one of the leads and they sing plain we live, which has no discernible melody, is sad and depressing, moves no plot, tells nothing the audience has not realized, and they sing the following lyrics (which are just grotesque) plain we live, for plain we see its good for people to live plain, hard we work, for life is good, when life is hard we dont complain.....
Favortie line from any Broadway Show
 Jul 8 2010, 12:01:33 AM
"Eat the fish bitch" August Osage County
"Coffee is the best" 9 to 5

The 2010 Tony Award Host Thread
 May 11 2010, 10:46:11 PM
I think funny people that will draw viewers in because of their fame and hilarity
Alec Baldwin
Betty White
Chelsea Handler
Dustin Hoffman
Someone to keep people entertained and give ratings....unfortunately it won't be a broadway legend like bernadette peters or something

Madame Hortense in Zorba opposite Antonio Banderas
 May 7 2010, 06:04:39 PM
I know that Chita Rivera is in this.
Rant about the Tony nominations here
 May 6 2010, 03:35:26 PM
Wayman_Wong, while I enjoyed Memphis, didn't love it nor hate it, but I enjoyed it, I can't help but agree with them that it does have a similar plot. No there isn't a real deejay champions musical type thing, but for your interracial question: hello Hairspray (with Seaweed), West Side Story, or even Once on this Island. Many of the songs seem like direct takes from Hairspray (aka the last number is so similar to you can't stop the beat....or the three black ladies number with the three black
Dream Next To Normal Cast
 Apr 23 2010, 01:03:18 AM
Diana- Julia Murney
Dan- Brian d'Arcy James
Gabe- Michael Arden
Henry-Bobby Steggert
Natalie- Lea Michele
Dr Madden/Fine- Raul Esparza

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM First Preview??
 Mar 20 2010, 01:12:19 AM
I personally was not impressed, especially after going to the fantastic Sondheim birthday concert. I did enjoy Norm Lewis' Being Alive a lot and enjoyed Euan Morton's Shephard Inc. Both of them were wonderful. The two girls were underused. Tom Wopat sucked the energy out of everything he did and I think the show really payed for it. If its possible I hope he's replaced, or improves drastically. While I like Barbara Cook, her voice has become thin...I'm sure she'll improve over time. Tom W
re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell
 Mar 17 2010, 12:03:58 AM
I adore bobby spencer....that was amazing....Oh shes so friggin funny
1/10 Farewell Thread
 Jan 7 2010, 05:05:05 PM
You forgot Altar Boyz too.....

I'm going to miss ragtime

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/3
 Jan 5 2010, 12:07:07 AM
Ragtime bringing in the numbers!!!! Lets hope it stays open even longer because no shows are really planned for that area for atleast a couple of months
re: Nolan Gerard Funk 'stops' Birdie
 Dec 28 2009, 02:25:27 PM
Thats super unprofessional. He should have improved his way out of it.
And in response to someone who posted earlier, any actor on a stage should know how to act regardless of the role. Many people, for instance, love Marc Kudisch's take on the role of Birdie because of his acting choices. Its not just about being a pretty face because there are a lot of pretty faces out there, but about making choices, and Nolan chose a stupid choice by getting the audience out of the show due to techni

re: Broadway.com Christmas at Ragtime Video
 Dec 15 2009, 11:20:44 PM
Ron is talking to the kid playing his child....I thought the moments were cute
Everyone is looking for criticisms...
Loved the moment where Quentin sung!

re: What's on your best/worst of 2009 list?
 Dec 14 2009, 08:32:21 PM
Best
Norman Conquests
Ragtime
Next to Normal
(would say tos but that was 200

Worst
Girl Crazy (although Marc Kudisch was good...but the show not so much)
White Christmas
Toxic Avenger
Hamlet
Blithe Spirit
Guys and Dolls
Mamets 2 Plays at Atc (and my tix were free and I should be supportive of my company...but that was terrible)

Dec 14 2009, 08:25:30 PM
I like the licking. Its so SB
Shes amahzing

Dec 14 2009, 07:08:19 PM
so excited for another episode
cant wait for kudisch/sieber
unfortunately we have to wait another month
i wish they had a request box for who to have on the show
susan blackwell is so funny....this needs to be on more than once a month

Re: WHITE CHRISTMAS
 Nov 30 2009, 03:31:29 PM
I want to see Alison Janney in White Christmas, especially in the piano number
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You