News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mbmusic

Mbmusic Profile Photo
Member Name: Mbmusic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: '13' closing night...  Jan 5 2009, 10:13:42 PM
That is correct. The kids in the show who did not go to their regular schools did online schooling. And many of the kids in the show were from Florida and the West coast, my point being they weren't at home. I wasn't referring to the kids' normal schools and lives, not their temporary ones. Of course education is legally a must. I know plenty of people who've been on tours and who work on Broadway shows (including '13') and it's a heck of a lot of work and running around. And especially whe
re: '13' closing night...  Jan 5 2009, 03:49:04 PM
"The creative team behind 13 had a lot of nerve demanding more than $100 per ticket for this show. They let down the talented young cast and the theater-going public. Choreography, direction, music -- all formulaic and boring. They should be ashamed of themselves."

This is a forum on a website called "Broadwayworld.com." We are all supporters of Broadway and live theater. How dare you come into this thread and nay say a show that, yes, maybe mediocre by saying that the creative team

re: 13 UNDERSTUDIES??  Jan 2 2009, 01:46:42 PM
Was Corey Snide in Billy Elliot in London?
re: Best of 2008  Jan 1 2009, 09:37:46 PM
Sunday in the Park with George flat out sucked and how dare you put the Little Mermaid anywhere in this thread.
re: IN THE HEIGHTS, or BILLY ELLIOT?  Dec 31 2008, 11:40:34 PM
Billy Elliot is a mediocre show with mediocre music and a rather unmoving and overstated plot. In The Heights is no masterpiece but it's definitely a little bit better. Overall, these two shows are about on the same level except I just don't like Elton John's Broadway music. Either way one of these shows is not far better than the other but I'd recommend In the Heights.
re: Little Shop of Horrors  Jun 23 2008, 02:30:56 AM
I thought it worked perfectly well with a bigger theater. The, then, Virgina Theater isn't huge so it worked well there I thought. Also, you say its a small cast, small band and stuff but take a show like Avenue Q which is a huge success or Spelling Bee (which wasn't anything of a success like Avenue Q I know) but Avenue Q feels like an off broadway show, no?
Little Shop of Horrors  Jun 23 2008, 01:16:19 AM
Hey everyone. So why do you guys think that the past Broadway production of Little Shop didn't do well. I thought it was really great I loved it. What did you guys think? Anyone seen it at Papermill?

re: Les Miserables FULL recording?  Apr 28 2008, 05:04:28 PM
Yup the Complete Symphonic Recording has every note.
re: Great guitar solos in Broadway musicals...  Apr 18 2008, 07:39:13 AM
Obviously the Exit Music of Rent. Man thats a heck of a solo. Also, in Les Mis at the beginning of A Little Fall of Rain when it is just solo acoustic guitar with Eponine.
re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?  Apr 15 2008, 04:06:02 PM
Well, there is no doubt that by human nature, we always eventually grow used to being complimented day after day (not that I have ever been).
re: The worst Tony Winning Performance in History  Apr 14 2008, 05:06:03 PM
I just watched Idina's performance at the Tony's. What was wrong with it?

re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?  Apr 14 2008, 03:30:24 PM
I think we all need to realize that this is their job. They do the same thing 8 times a week and it is tiring.
re: What shows have you gone backstage for?  Apr 10 2008, 02:24:24 PM
Little Women, Les Mis Revival, The Little Mermaid and Curtains. I thought that the Little Mermaid would be amazing to go backstage at but it was not that exciting. I was disapointed by it. The sets were just kind of cramped and it just lacked the backstage magic that most shows have.
re: Miss Saigon vs. Ragtime (March Madness Finals)  Apr 6 2008, 11:43:17 AM
Miss Saigon
re: WICKED AND THE GERSHWIN  Apr 2 2008, 10:48:18 PM
obsessedjb-- how many times have you seen it?
re: So I really liked The Little Mermaid...  Apr 1 2008, 04:15:09 PM
Yea I thought Norm was exceptionally weak in this role but I never liked him in anything I saw him in. (Two Gentleman of Verona, Les Mis, Mermaid)
re: The Little Mermaid Seat Question...  Mar 30 2008, 10:19:11 PM
Not to hijack the thread but I had a thread about something before which got deleted so I have to ask again. How would I send a letter to Sierra Boggess?
re: Miss Saigon vs. Parade (March Madness, Quarterfinals, game 2)  Mar 30 2008, 03:24:59 PM
Miss Saigon
re: Beauty and the Beast vs. Side Show (March Madness, Quarterfinals, game  Mar 30 2008, 03:24:35 PM
Beauty and the Beast
re: Songs that never get old for you.  Mar 28 2008, 05:05:33 PM
Bring Him Home
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You