News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Sierra Boggess Stage Door?

broadwayboy522
#1Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 8:52pm

Just a quick question. Lots of reviews lately for TLM have been saying that Sierra has been rushing through the line, not signing, etc. Is this becoming consistent or are people just coming to the show when Sierra is in a rush to be somewhere afterwards?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#2re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 8:53pm

She rolls down the line on her heelies!

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 9:55pm

She didn't even come out when I saw it- and my friend said she's been rushing for a while.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#3re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 9:58pm

I am so sorry that your friend has had to sit through that travesty that they want us to refer to as a "Broadway Show."

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#4re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:19pm

I think she has just been rushing down the line because she has other things that need to get done in her life. I went on Friday night and she went down the line very quickly...

jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#5re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:32pm

I also feel like that's kind of weird, because when it first opened, all anyone did was rave about how nice and sweet Sierra was at the stage door...

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#6re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:37pm

Does she sign at the stage door after Wednesday matinees? How about Sherie?

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#7re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:38pm

I've only heard of Sherie not coming out...

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#8re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:42pm

What time does the matinee get over?

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#9re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:45pm

When I went on Tuesday night she stage doored...I don't think Sherie did. I had a talk back and thats where Sherie was, but afterwards I'm pretty sure she went out a different door, but I saw Sierra there......

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#10re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/13/08 at 10:48pm

Does Sierra stop for pictures if someone asks, or does she just keep moving?

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#11re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 1:50am

When I saw the show Sierra didn't stagedoor and left out of a different exit. Everyone was very nice. Sherie came out and was very nice and signed and posed for pictures with everyone. I liked the show too. It wasn't THAT bad.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#12re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 1:53am

She wouldn't turn down another chance to have 11-year olds tell her she's wonderful.

broadwayboy522
#13re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 7:44am

I just hope it isn't becoming like Anneliese in BATB when she was wonderful at first and then just became kinda rude

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#14re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 8:12am

Is there something on the ticket that says "you have also paid for Sierra to come out the stage door and pretend to be your best friend for 2 minutes"? If not...then you need to get over it. It bugs the daylights out of me that people start labeling someone RUDE because said person is in a rush to get home. The RUDE label can apply to "fans" as much as anyone else sometimes.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 10:43am

Ditto BroadwayBunny. No one actually knows how many performances Sierra has been "rushing"/not coming out of out the stage door. Perhaps lately she has somewhere to be after the show?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#16re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 11:29am

I feel that if you as an actor don't want to sign autographs/take pictures that is fine. But, I find it to be something else altogether if the actor is a bit of a dick during the whole thing. If you as an actor don't want to do it then don't do it. If your choosing to do it then you can be a bit nice during the process. Otherwise, I understand if an actor doesn't want to do it and walks right out passed the crowed or goes out another door.

I know that it isn't in their contracts that they have to sign or for that matter be nice during the process but there is something called common courtesy.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#17re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 11:49am

I agree winston. It isn't in their contracts to sign stuff at the stage door. If they choose to do so, they should be courteous about it. If they don't and go out another door or act like they're in a rush, I don't see the big problem.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#18re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 12:05pm

I do find it a problem if they act like they are in a rush. Most of the time them rushing through the stage door line results in a bitchy attitude about the whole thing to begin with. They can walk right passed the crowed without anyone saying anything.

For example, I saw In The Heights on Wednesday night. Ms. Lopez walked right out and passed the crowed. Clearly because she didn't want to sign and that was okay. Mainly because her wanting to sign or not is her choice.

I would have felt pissed off if she ( not that she would do this she is too nice of a person to do this) was an ass about the whole signing process to begin with. And, did sign but was mean to everyone while doing so.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Yankeefan007
#19re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 12:47pm

BroadwayBenny - my ticket stub actually says "Sierra Boggess will sign autographs," so I guess slipping the box office attendant that $20 was worth it.
Updated On: 4/14/08 at 12:47 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#20re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 2:39pm

LOL

Mbmusic Profile Photo
Mbmusic
#21re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 3:30pm

I think we all need to realize that this is their job. They do the same thing 8 times a week and it is tiring.

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#22re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 3:32pm

Some people get hugs, some people get quick autographs, others get a friendly apology as she rushes out. That's what I've heard. I'm sure it varies depending on what's going on her life which I assume is quite busy, and tiring.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#23re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 4:28pm

The other night she threw one of her heelies at a little girl, hitting her in the face. One of the best distractions I have ever seen!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#24re: Sierra Boggess Stage Door?
Posted: 4/14/08 at 5:56pm

Mine says "Norm Lewis will make out with you at the stagedoor in his Triton costume".

Videos