News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elphie68

Member Name: Elphie68
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's the deal with Kerry?
 Jul 6 2008, 10:25:47 AM
"re: What's the deal with Kerry?
Posted On: 7/6/08 at 10:17:03 AM

That actresses name was Stephanie J. Block who was very frequently out. She just has a lot of fans and defenders on this board. But, I thought her frequent absences were a bit much too. "

Hey Adam,
Ok, fair enough. I was just checking because I suspected she was the one being talked about. I don't know enough about her attendance history to have an opinion. I can only say that she called out only 1x o

Jul 6 2008, 10:08:50 AM
"and also don't forget she went from London to New York no break at all."

Not true. There was about a three week gap between her final London performance and first Broadway performance.

THIS is not true. Her final performance in London was 6/7 and her first performance in NYC was 6/17.

Cut the girl some slack...it's a hell of a role to sing. And no one got on another tour/Broadway Elphie who missed multiple shows per week on a regular basis. I'm not going to say her

Jul 6 2008, 09:37:11 AM
DG42694, where did you see/hear that Kerry would be out for "all" weekends?

That is like prime time for them so I think that is a huge mistake. Why wouldn't the producers make her take say Tu/Wed off or something?

I believe you, I'm just saying that this makes no sense in my head.

re: TICKET FOR SALE: Next to Normal Sun 3/16/08 3pm
 Mar 15 2008, 12:28:35 AM
guys, thanks so much but the ticket is now sold. I wish I had one for all of you who want to go and I hope those who do find a way.

Thanks again!

Mar 14 2008, 06:00:13 PM
dupe message/ghost
 Mar 14 2008, 06:00:00 PM
Hey guys,

Jeremiah said he was interested in the ticket but has not gotten back to me. So, at the moment, it's still for sale.

If you would like to see this final Next to Normal, PM me!

re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
 Mar 14 2008, 05:50:51 PM
I don't think this is likely. She has like 4 or 5 children that she is very involved with. I don't think Rosie is open to touring at the moment.

I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Mar 14 2008, 10:34:38 AM
Foster,

You certainly have a right to your opinion. However, it may have escaped your notice that THIS is NOT an opinion thread. It is just mean spirited and completely inappropriate to spew your vile in this type of thread, especially when NO ONE asked for your thoughts. So, please, speak whatever little mind you have in the other Next to Normal thread.

P.S. Please seek therapy for that out of control need for attention and oversized ego. Just because you don't like

Mar 13 2008, 10:39:18 PM
Bumpage....

Anyone? Great show guys. You won't regret it...

TICKET FOR SALE: Next to Normal Sun 3/16/08 3pm
 Mar 13 2008, 05:59:27 PM
Guys,

I happen to have an extra ticket to the final Next to Normal performance this coming Sunday.

I would love to find it a home...so email me!

re: Sunday in the Park Stage Door?
 Mar 5 2008, 03:13:03 PM
I went the same day Andrew went *hi fives Andrew* and almost everyone came out. I'm not sure that Mary Beth ever comes out SD though. She didn't for the matinee I went to. Kelsey, one of the little girls, is such a doll and like a veteran at SD...lol. They were perfectly lovely about signing. So it should be fine.
re: Next to Normal?
 Mar 4 2008, 08:10:47 PM
SNL89,

OMG...I might die if they change Dr. Madden and that means like cutting "My Psychopharmacologist and I". So, I am trepedatious of that route.

I mean the Dr. is pretty much a symbol. That's why Asa plays all of them. Personally, I'm ok with that. He is there to illustrate the issues with the medical treatment. The first one is all about it being chemical...so, with the pills. The next Dr that we see most, Madden, does all the talk and hypno stuff, then the ECT. It'

Mar 4 2008, 05:07:07 PM
SNL89...

That's what I was trying to say, albeit badly.

I'm sure further re-write might help. I'm just confused as to what the problem with it is. It's like knowing there is path but you don't know what direction to go to find it.

Musically the show is pretty tight. My one problem is the Perfect For You lyrics. The chorus is great, I just think they could do away with a lot of the environment talk. Shorten it.

For me, the acting is incredibly poignant.

Mar 4 2008, 04:03:19 PM
East Villiage,

I am trying to understand. I guess I am struggling to figure out why one can't commit to the struggle AND generalize/exaggerate a bit to make a bigger point. Why are the two mutually exclusive?

Were you put off by the wild depiction of shock therapy? I admit they got kind of abstract and Tommy-ish, no surprise with Tom Kitt on board btw. Or was it that they didn't specify an illness and show exactly how THAT specifically would be treated?

I'm not s

Mar 4 2008, 02:40:57 PM
Hey East Village,

I understand what you say. However, I hasten to point out that I'm pretty sure they avoid saying EXACTLY what Diana's illness is. Yes, she has some of the classic signs of manic depression, but that's not necessarily the only illness she could have. So, I don't think we should get too wrapped up in whether the handling of the medical aspect is entirely "realistic". I think she could have manic depression, schizophrenia or any number of maladies. And whatever that

Mar 4 2008, 01:32:51 PM
Mealz,

To answer your question, I don't think there is anything in this show that would be awkward to see with one's parents. There is tension between the family members and there is much depiction of mental illness. However, unless those are like tricky subjects between you and Mom, I honestly don't think there is an issue.

It does make you consider the state of your relationships though...if that makes any sense. So, if that is uncomfortable, you should be aware.

Mar 4 2008, 12:09:40 PM
Roscoe,

I wasn't saying you in particular only liked traditional shows. I was just giving an example of possible groups of people who seem to have different tastes. I applaud anyone who at least gives variety a chance. As for being worth it, well, for you it wasn't. And that is totally fine. However, I'm glad that there are those for whom it apparently struck a deep chord, however imperfect it was.

Holla, SNL89, bjh2114 and jordangirl. *g*

Mar 4 2008, 11:48:21 AM
To be fair, Roscoe did edit out the personal reference to me. So, ok, it's a matter of opinion. Not a problem. Some will like this show and some will not. Not everyone who likes say the more "traditional" musicals (i.e. Oklahoma/South Pacific/Sound of Music...etc) is going to like the more "concept" pieces like RENT, Next to Normal, etc. Fair enough. No one is wrong, people just are attracted to different types of shows.

What I want to stress is that people should at least give th

Mar 4 2008, 11:16:51 AM
IMHO, this show is one of the best theater experiences I have ever had. It is funny, touching, enlightening, etc. It is everything you could want in a show. It is by no means perfect but it perfectly delivers what a show should, which is an emotionally engaging evening. Let's just say I keep going back for "more, and more, and more" *g*

Alice Ripley...once you see her, you realize there are really no words to describe what she does on stage. Amazing is accurate but woefully inadequ

re: Gypsy- first preview- what happened in the audience?
 Mar 4 2008, 10:13:57 AM
thank you Husk_Charmer!

I appreciate it very much.

BTW, OT, but I'm looking at your avi...did you see her in Speech and Debate? That was a great little show at Roundabout Underground.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You