pixeltracker

Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?

Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?

Ivan2 Profile Photo
Ivan2
#1Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:28pm

According to Wikipedia (which I know isn't a source of information to abide by), Rosie O'Donnell is SUPPOSEDLY taking over the part of Madame Morrible in the touring production of Wicked. I searched the boards and found nothing else about this. Anybody have any information?

phantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
#2re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:31pm

Wikipedia had Jackee Harry as Morrible last time I checked. And Bill Clinton as the wizard.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:37pm

And for some time they had Raven Simone as the next Elphaba on Broadway.

daspazoo
#3re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:47pm

Agreed that Wikipedia is about as reliable a source as my the little toe on my left foot (though he has surprised some people...), but I do think Rosie O'Donnell would be quite suitable as Madame Morrible. Lots of melodramtic acting, not much singing, big prescence. I'd be interested in seeing that if it ever did become a reality.

...this bird is singing.

Elphie68
#4re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:50pm

I don't think this is likely. She has like 4 or 5 children that she is very involved with. I don't think Rosie is open to touring at the moment.

I could be wrong but that's my guess.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#5re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 5:51pm

Hmm...interesting. I'll look into this.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#6re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 6:12pm

I looked it up on Wikipedia....the one thing I can't figure out if it's not true...why would anybody do this? I mean, most Rosie O'Donnel people won't know Wicked, and if they do, they probably won't know Madame Morrible..... and she's not exaclty huge right now...why would they cast her?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 6:41pm

I think most Rosie O'Donnell "people" would know Wicked since she is a big Broadway fan and has been pushing Broadway for years including her time on The View.

Just give the world Love.

Miss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
#8re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 7:09pm

Guys, wikipedia had George Bush cited as a ape for a period of time last month... Perhaps not too reliable?

"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#9re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 7:10pm

It's not even worth it....

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#10re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 7:11pm

Guys, wikipedia had George Bush cited as a ape for a period of time last month... Perhaps not too reliable?

It's true though, so why would you site it as an example of not being reliable? *Mug* *Mug* *Mug*

Alright, there! Someone made the damn joke. We can all move on with our lives. Right?

Jesus!

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-
Updated On: 3/14/08 at 07:11 PM

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#11re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 7:14pm

If anything, she would do it on Broadway. She has her kids to look after. Besides, it would amuse me more than if she did it on tour.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#12re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 9:31pm

It also had Cassidy Janson as the next Elphaba in London but that could happen. It also used to have a total fake Australian cast and it currently has Barbara Raunegger as Madame Akaber in Stuttgart, but I thought that Angelika Wedekind was still there. Besides, wickeddasmusical.de would have posted it in advance if a cast member was leaving.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#13re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 10:42pm

I can't see Rosie leaving her family for this.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#14re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/14/08 at 10:44pm

I can. Because Wikipedia said so.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#15re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?

Gaiken as Glinda. Come on people. It will work!

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#16re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?

Gaiken as Glinda. Come on people. It will work!

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#17re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 12:57am

If she did do it, it would probably be just for the Broadway Cast. I don't think she would tour just for that role.

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#18re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:58am

The site also says that James Allen Brewer is playing or "rumored" as it says, to play the Wizard in SF. Who the HECK is J.A.B.? And is SF FOR SURE getting a production?

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#19re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 2:09am

Google search results for "James Allen Brewer"

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

#20re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 3:54am

Why does Wikipedia say it? The same reason 80% of all You Tube comments sy a slave girl was killed and you have to repost this or you foot falls off. Because people are stupid.

Rosie O'Donnell in Wicked would be front page news. There's no way Wikipedia gets a scoop like that.

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#21re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 9:57am

Thanks Lizziecurry! You're the best!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

Ivan2 Profile Photo
Ivan2
#22re: Wicked Tour's Next Mme Morrible: Rosie O'Donnell?
Posted: 3/15/08 at 10:38pm

Ha ha, okay thanks guys. I didn't think it would be so, but then I thought I'd heard someone big was going to be playing Morrible soon and I couldn't remember why.

Videos