News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for greybaby231

greybaby231 Profile Photo
Member Name: greybaby231
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Equus Final Performance-Anybody Go?
 Feb 9 2009, 12:46:22 AM
I had the great fortune of being there this afternoon. =]

First off, I saw the show in London, and once more on Broadway before today, and it was the most emotional I have seen Daniel Radcliffe act. He was so into the part of Alan Strang that he was even kissing Nugget's chest, and doing other small things that actually made a huge difference. Everyone was at their best, and it was a spectacular performance. The horses' choreography was so precise and together. Lorenzo Pisoni was bril

re: A Tony Award for sale.....
 Feb 4 2009, 11:11:39 AM
...and the link to the actual Ebay auction of Florence Klontz's Tony.
A Tony Award for sale.....
 Feb 4 2009, 11:10:39 AM
Too bad I am completely broke. =]

re: I Just Won Wicked Tickets and . . .
 Feb 1 2009, 08:39:28 PM
I was just curious. I'm not complaining or anything....
re: My thoughts on HEDDA GOBBLER
 Feb 1 2009, 08:32:21 PM
I saw like the fourth performance and held out hope, and I am very sad to hear that it's obviously not getting any better. =[

I went with my mother - who's like the biggest MLP fan on the planet - and even she didn't like it, and that woman can sit through ANYTHING as long as it has MLP, Jon Groff, or Peter Frampton in it.

I Just Won Wicked Tickets and . . .
 Feb 1 2009, 08:27:15 PM
So I was getting onto my train last night at GCT and I couldn't help but notice the massive amounts of green advertising pasted all over the terminals to win tickets for Wicked. So I entered last night and just found out I won tickets.....
I was wondering if anyone out there in Broadway World knew anything about what kind of seats they are giving away. Good? Bad? Anyone?

re: If you had a choice...
 Aug 27 2008, 03:29:08 PM
to add my voice to the masses . . . pick Billy Elliot.
re: Jonathan's Claude vs Christorpher's Claude
 Aug 26 2008, 07:08:37 PM
Pretty much what most everyone else said:
Hanke gave a better performance, but Groff had a better chemistry with the tribe which made his performance more appealing to the audience. Both men, however, were phenomenal in the role.

re: The Official HAIR Revival Love Thread!
 Aug 13 2008, 10:10:38 PM
LOVE!
LOVE!
LOVE!

I'm here to show my love!

re: Bloopers in Broadway shows?
 Jul 28 2008, 08:02:28 AM
Richard Blake completely forgot the words to "Serious", and sat there for a few seconds until the chorus started.
re: My thoughts on HAIR (long and knotted)
 Jul 28 2008, 07:58:40 AM
It was a good production, but I don't agree with casting Jon Groff. I've seen it twice now, and both times he's been awkward in his movements. He acted great. He sang great. But, he's just not comfortable with the more sexual staging they do, and it shows. And why is he so clean while the rest of them are scruffy - like they should be? Still, I loved the show. =]

I Love XANADU always!
 Jun 26 2008, 08:00:05 AM
I saw Xanadu for the first time last Sunday, and I enjoyed it. I was apprehensive about seeing it, since, after all, it is Xanadu, but it was really good, and a lot better than I was expecting. I'm now on the bandwagon with the people who say it was one of the best new musicals of the season.
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 25 2008, 09:30:12 PM
I did feel really bad chasing after him. Still, I got free food for doing it . . .
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 25 2008, 09:19:34 PM
My friend: "Oh! Cheyenne Jackson didn't sign my playbill. Did he leave already?"
Me: Yeah. "He's walking away. You could chase after him."
My friend: "I'll pay you five dollars plus dinner if you do it"
Me: "Okay" (I chase Cheyenne Jackson for three blocks before I catch up with him)
"Excuse me. Would you mind signing my friend's playbill?
Cheyenne Jackson: Sure (we actually walk the three blocks back to the stage door)
My friend: "oh no wait, you already signed

re: First show you saw alone..
 Jun 12 2008, 07:17:58 PM
The revival of 42nd St.
re: Memorable Theatre Moments
 Jun 12 2008, 07:16:35 PM
The end of act one in Equus is pretty powerful. It's more of a vivd memory than the nude scene.

re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jun 6 2008, 02:33:38 PM
My favorite tv show is Dexter . . . .
Dexter = Norbert Leo Butz
Rita = Nikki Snelson
Deb = Laura Benanti
Angel = Lin-Manuel Miranda
Sargent Dokes - Tituss Burgess
LaGuerta = Sherie Rene Scott
Brian (ice truck killer) = Justin Kirk or Christian Borle

re: Best Broadway Quote
 Jun 6 2008, 02:22:40 PM
The only one of mine that hasn't already been said.

"Dear God, the new UPS guy is like walking p*rn."
LB

re: SPRING AWAKENING QUESTION
 May 31 2008, 09:30:05 PM
It's supposed to be symbolic. Yes, it's just hair, but to me it is sort of a play off of the phrase "makes your hair stand on end." I think it's a neat little detail.
re: Totally F**ked performed by a high school?
 May 18 2008, 11:31:58 AM
There's a weirder one with sticks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You