News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for barcelona20

Member Name: barcelona20
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 01:34:26 PM

I really don't understand Cabaret.  Eddie Redmayne is that much of a draw despite the mostly negative reviews?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  Apr 30 2024, 12:53:39 PM

Curious how the reviews will affect Cabaret going forward. The Wiz is the one that continues to surprise me the most.

Drama Desk Nominations ‘24  Apr 29 2024, 12:19:40 PM

George in DC said: "Huss417 said: "It just doesn't seem fair to combine the acting awards they way they do now. For a total of 4 instead of 8."

Why isn't it fair? It takes gender out of the equation. And instead of having one winner out of 4, you now have 2 winners out of 8. Same ratio, same fairness.

This is how it should be done for every awards show.

"

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/21/24  Apr 23 2024, 01:41:37 PM

A lot to parse through, but my main takeaway is that there are just too many shows right now.

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 02:12:37 PM

Any chance at all of this being recorded somehow?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/24  Apr 16 2024, 05:22:24 PM

Impressed at how Sweeney continues to do.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 10 2024, 03:46:35 PM

The music is incredible, in my opinion. Of course the things I hypothetically heard may have changed, but it’s very much a non-mt sound but it’s *so* gorgeous!"

Hope you're right! It's what I'm looking forward to the most with this production. Had no idea who Thomas Bartlett was until recently, but very excited to hear what he and Florence have come up with!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 03:17:43 PM

Feel like The Wiz is way under the radar! Very impressive.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 9 2024, 10:17:57 AM

Kad said: "Solea Pfeiffer as Myrtle? She seems far more like a Jordan, both in her type and her career track so far. Myrtle is second-tier supporting character whose purpose is to die and drive the plot forward."

We have no idea what this Gatsby will be like yet. Maybe they're completely changing the focus. Who knows... 

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 10:45:25 AM

Actually, this is strange. I must have clicked on the one of the few performances that this is happening at.  The blurb isn't on most of the performances. My bad...

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 10:41:17 AM

dramamama611 said: "1. Where did you see anything about yondr pouches? I don't care, just like to be informed.

When you go to buy tickets, there's a blurb that says. 

"Keep the story on the stage: this performance will be a phone-free experience. Use of cellphones, smart accessories, cameras, or recording devices will not be permitted in the performance space—just like if it were the roaring ’20s!"

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 2 2024, 09:43:36 AM

They're going to be using Yondr pouches for this show apparently. I guess they don't want any of the music to leak. I wonder if this will become more common.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 10:00:03 AM

DramaTeach said: "JSquared2 said: "They might as well go ahead and engrave Eddie Redmayne’s and Bebe Neuwirth’s names on Tonys."

Saw this in London, so I can’t comment on himspecifically, but I just feel like the Emcee is an award winning role. All of the Emcees work hard, but there’s so much pomp to it that anyone who plays it will be lauded. I’d still like to see Groff get it for what I thought was a more nuanced and under

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/24/24  Mar 26 2024, 04:54:56 PM

Jarethan said: "Broadway Flash said: "Those who dislike days of wine and roses are the ones who laugh at every stupid bit in Spamalot. They want confetti."

Not true. I have not seen it -- zero interest -- but the people who I know who have seen it thought it was a total bore and they didn't even like the music a spec. One friend, who attends most shows every season wondered how the actors learned how to sign the songs, since they were so abysmal. I a

Paper Mill Playhouse 2024-2025 Season  Mar 24 2024, 09:17:17 PM

WindyNewYorker said: "Where is Ruthie rumored Piazza coming out from? Please let it be true!"

I'm guessing that poster somehow thought Pizza was Piazza.

Rumor - A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Broadway Revival 2025  Mar 24 2024, 07:55:43 PM

Jesse St. James said: "Heard from a producer friend that there are plans for A Little Night Music revival with Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis aiming for Broadway early 2025.

Supposedly there is already a creative team and theatre attached. Several A-list actorshave been offered roles and it sounds like the whole cast is gonna be stacked with big names.
"

Lindsay Lohan? Is today April 1?

Sunday in the Park with George at The Axelrod Performing Arts Center  Mar 18 2024, 10:54:04 PM

Saw it this past weekend. Thought it was stunning. From the lighting, to the dancers, and to the actors.  Not a weak link in the cast. Leads were phenomenal. Hope this production can somehow be repeated elsewhere.

Ashley Perez Flanagan The Connector  Mar 12 2024, 12:11:05 PM

I didn't see Hannah but Ashley was fine. Saw her first performance. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/25/24  Feb 27 2024, 12:52:17 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Love to seeHadestown continuing strong."

Yes! What's the reason for the recent bump?

Paulus to helm ROMEO & JULIET at ART this fall  Feb 27 2024, 10:28:44 AM

Sorry, but Romeo & Juliet? zzzzzzzz

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You