News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NeverRight

Member Name: NeverRight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
 May 2 2023, 02:07:42 PM

Disclaimer:  Of the plays, I've only seen Leopoldstat, and of the Musicals, I have not seen Camelot...

Lead Actress in Musical was the most competitive I've seen in years!  Everyone eligible had very strong performances.  I would have swapped a couple of names on the list with those who didn't get a nom. I'd have put Innerbichler and Soo in there, but I accept that my criteria is how well they did with the material they were given.

Casey Nicholaw d

NEW YORK, NEW YORK; SOME LIKE IT HOT; & More Lead Nominations for Outer Critics Circle Awards
 Apr 26 2023, 02:14:25 PM

*Pins target on back*

I've only seen 6 of these, so gobble a large grain of salt with this:

Musical: " Some Like It Hot" - Liked it,  "Shucked" - Loved it (twice), "&Juliet" - Liked it. 

Lead Actor:  Michaela - Strong, moving performance.  Good choice.  Caroline - Charming and believable.  Another good choice.  Ghee - Fun to watch. 

Featured Actor:  Alex - No brainer!  Show-stop

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 9 2023, 05:37:43 PM

I was there, too!

Jim did a superb job, and brought a different tone to the character.  I'd seen the show in previews and felt Grey's portrayal was typecast.  "Damian" does "Shucked"...which worked.  Jim was more natural, and engaged with the audience differently.  Enjoyed both,

I thought Caroline was outstanding.  She's not there to belt a showstopper, they've cast Alex for that.  She's there for her comedic

SHUCKED Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Apr 9 2023, 04:22:56 PM

I think there are 3 songs in the show that will make this a good buy:  "Windows/Walls", "Somebody Will", and the rouser, "Independently Owned and Operated".  

"Windows" is a message number, and has a good contemporary vibe.  "Somebody Will" is a country roller with a Garth Brooks feel.  "Independently" is all Broadway puncher.  

I'm looking forward to the drop!

Brandy & Shane dese

2022-2023 Broadway Season
 Nov 22 2022, 04:14:07 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The new musicalShuckedwill play the Nederlander Theatre. Previews begin March 8, and opening night is April 4."

Not gonna lie, "The new musical..." makes me happy.  The abundance of revivals, stage adaptations of films, jukebox musicals, etc is good for business, but there's nothing as thrilling as a NEW musical.

I enjoyed Kimberly Akimbo (preview) for the originality of it.  

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Feb 29 2020, 06:52:31 PM

You’re right!

Tough getting info about it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You