News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LesMizazz

LesMizazz Profile Photo
Member Name: LesMizazz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Feb 16 2017, 03:14:57 PM

Here is my long, somewhat detailed, summary of my experience in the cancellation line yesterday (Wednesday) 

I took the train to Manhattan from Queens and was originally going to do Book of Mormon lottery. I put my name in at 4:30pm when the sign-up started and then decided to wander down to Hamilton to see how long the cancellation line was. 

When I got there, the student matinee was about to let out, but I saw a group of about 10 people standing together, which I assumed was where the cancellation line forms when a performance is about to let out, so I got in line around 4:40. 

I wasn't even sure if there was a performance that night since there was no lottery, but I'm pretty sure they cancelled the lottery due to the NYC Teacher event they were sponsoring. 

The matinee let out around 4:50, and then once it was clear, a guy moved the line in front of the theatre where the doors and stairs are. I decided to give up on my Book of Mormon chances since it seemed like a good chance of getting a Hamilton ticket. 

Around 5:30, a guy came out and said there were Premium tickets available for $850. Only 1 lady in front of me was interested so she went in, but came out 10 minutes later making it sound like there would likely be much cheaper tickets a little bit later, so she got back in line.

Around 6:00 or so, Williams? the cop who hangs out around the theatre came by and gave the rundown of the cancellation line. Then he counted how many people were in line and I ended up being Number 13. 

1-6 were too far ahead for me to talk to, but I think most of them got in line around 1pm.

7 and 8 got there around 3 and were a guy and girl in their 20's. 

9 got there around 3:30 and was the lady who was going to buy the premium but opted out.

10 got there around 4 and was a lady who I thought had originally gotten in line with 2 other people, but they ended up leaving and she was only getting a ticket for herself. She was really nice and gave me an extra bagel that her friends had gotten for her. (I was dumb and didn't eat any lunch before standing in line).

11 and 12 got there around 4:30 and were a mother and son who drove in from Ohio for the son's 10th birthday! They were both really sweet and the boy (George) has been wanting to see the show for a really long time. His Dad passed away last November and so his Mom was really hoping he'd get to to see the show even though she was freezing waiting in line. We let them leave and get pizza and coffee across the street, and nobody minded them getting back in line. I was telling myself and the people in line behind me that even if tickets ran out by the time I got to the box office, I wouldn't mind as long as George got to see the show! He even rapped Guns and Ships for us while we stood in line. 

13 was me, who got there at 4:45. 

14 got there around 5. He was a visiting from Australia for 5 days who wanted to see as many shows as possible. He was really fun to talk to about Australia and theatre in general. If he happens to read this, can we please get married so I can escape the political craziness here in the States? 

15 got there around 5:30 and was a girl who is moving to California next week, so she wanted to be able to see the show while she still lived here. For pretty much the majority of waiting in line, she was on the phone with Delta booking her flight to CA.

16 got there around 5:45 and was a nice 20 something girl who often walks past the line after work. She too had noticed that there was no lottery today so she thought she'd come by and see what availability was like.

There were about 3 more people in line behind them and then the barricades for the stagedoor were set up. On the other side of the barricades the line continued with people having showed up around 7 or so. 

At 7:30 they stared letting people with tickets enter the theatre. It was a little crazy because people with tickets lined up right next to the cancellation line, so it was hard to tell if people were cutting into the line or not. Everyone in the line was very aware of this though and we looked out for each other. 

The ticketholder line dissipated around 7:40, and then they started calling in the cancellation line 1 or 2 at a time. Once George and his Mom were called, it was a pretty cool feeling to be in the front of the line (and I was also happy that they got tickets!). 

It was probably around 7:50 that the guy came out and said he had 5 standing room available and if we wanted them we had to tell him now! I was actually hoping for SRO so right away I said yes, as did 14, 16 (and I assume 17 and 1. The girl who had been on the phone the whole time didn't want to stand (I think), but I still ended up seeing her walk into the theatre so she must have gotten a seat. 

I have no idea how much the people in front of me paid for their seats (I'm assuming $199), but I am so happy I got in line when I did and was able to get a $40 Standing Room ticket! 

I only wish I had dressed a little bit warmer (i was wearing a t-shirt under a jacket, but more layers would have been much nicer). But for only having to stand in line for 3.5 hours for an SRO ticket, I'd say the Cancellation Line was very worthwhile!

Rush/Standing Room for the final Color Purple performance
 Jan 6 2017, 03:05:16 PM

You could always call them up. You'll speak to the same box office person you would in person: (212) 239-6200

The Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular Discounts
 Oct 29 2016, 04:47:21 PM

I've seen it on the TKTS boards. 

If you want to get tickets in advance, Living Social has $45 tickets right now: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/1623826-ticket-to-the-radio-city-rockettes

Andy Mientus Tweets
 Dec 2 2015, 11:49:17 AM

To me, Andy Mientus is a classic example of a former musical fanboy (I believe he used to be a Renthead) who enjoyed seeing shows multiple times, stagedooring, and bootlegging shows, just like some of the rest of us.

But once he became "famous" he has become the polar opposite and looks down on his "fans", goes off on bootlegging rampages, and thinks he's better than all of the people he used to be before he was cast in the Spring Awakening tour.

Flea Market Tickets
 Sep 24 2014, 11:17:43 AM
Did anybody else win tickets to Phantom?

We had to fax or mail in a form to get tickets for one of three selected performances next week (9/30-10/2). I faxed my sheet in on Monday and they said they would email us back, but I haven't heard anything.

Has anybody else mailed or faxed theirs and gotten a response?

Broadway Investing
 Aug 13 2014, 09:21:36 PM
Here is your answer: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Become-a-Broadway-Investor-Online-Fund-the-Upcoming-ON-THE-TOWN-Revival-20140813

But you better make sure you have the following in order to qualify:

*An Accredited Investor, as defined by the SEC, is:

· A person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with their spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, excluding the value of the primary residence of such person;

· A person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year; or

· A trust with assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to acquire the securities offered, whose purchases a sophisticated person makes.

· A business in which all the equity owners are accredited investors;

Laurie Veldheer
 Jun 5 2013, 08:13:33 PM
That's really interesting to hear since Liana Hunt, who replaced Laurie in Newsies, was the Sophie prior to Altomare!
Tony Talk
 Apr 22 2013, 03:02:00 PM
Has anybody else watched Tony Talk? It's hilariously dumb, but Charles Barksdale from Fat Camp and Sister Act is in it. Three drunk gay guys talking Tony possibilities a la The View.
Hands On A Hardbody Rush
 Mar 5 2013, 10:56:50 AM
Has anybody rushed lately? Is there a need to get there way in advance or is showing up when the box office opens okay?
Newsies Cast Changes
 Jan 11 2013, 12:00:29 AM
I saw JP watching the show with Michael on Wednesday night in the audience, so he is coming back, whether it be Specs or a Swing. Although I haven't seen Julian as Specs, I just saw him as Race and he didn't stick out nearly as much as Ryan Breslin. Hogan Fulton was a great replacement for Thayne (they sometimes even look alike from far away and make the same faces), and the age difference with Darcy isn't noticeable.
JCS Previews Thread
 Mar 3 2012, 12:17:10 AM
They had another hold tonight during Superstar, right before they have the "diving board" come onstage. I was wondering why there was a stagehand very visible, and then the god mic came on. It lasted about 7 minutes and Des came onstage and introduced himself and apologized. They restarted the song and everything looked like it went smoothly from there.
Spiderman Rush, what's it like?
 Apr 5 2011, 08:05:35 AM
Is rush cash only or can you use credit cards?
RIP Shannon Tavarez...
 Nov 2 2010, 12:42:31 PM
My heart goes out to her family, friends, cast members, and loved ones. I know that so many people were trying so hard to help her through this fight.
Your biggest Broadway crush
 Oct 3 2010, 10:50:24 PM
Brian Charles Johnson. There is just something about him.
Its officiall--Billie Joe in American Idiot
 Sep 29 2010, 01:59:42 PM
Is anyone playing lotto tonight for one ticket, who wants to join me and put our names in together for 2? PM me if interested.
Is Kat Nejat the first person to play both Anita and Maria on Broadway?
 May 16 2010, 04:28:30 PM
No, Haley Carlucci is the first cover for Maria. She is also the Tuesday Maria, or at least she was several months ago.
AMERICAN IDIOT - understudies?
 May 16 2010, 04:25:39 PM
BUMP

Has anyone seen any of the understudies perform? How were they?

Ambulance at American Idiot tonight (4/13)
 Apr 14 2010, 12:10:06 AM
Around 7:35 when the house doors were about to open at American Idiot, I noticed a Stage Manager running around and he got one of those resuscitation kits and brought it backstage. 5 minutes later the FDNY and an ambulance came.

I'm not really familiar with the cast, but it looked like the girl that they brought out in the wheelchair was either Leslie Mcdonell or Aspen Vincent and she was shivering/shaking very badly but was able to sit up in the chair on her own.

Hope she's

The Happy Embalmer-NYMF
 Oct 9 2009, 09:18:22 PM
For anyone who has seen this show, what is the running time?

Two Drunk Women Kicked Out of 'Rock of Ages'--10/2/09
 Oct 3 2009, 02:20:46 AM
Tonight was my first time seeing the show from a partial view lotto seat. I enjoyed the show a lot, but right off the bat I was distracted by two girls in the very front seats of the house (right in front of the stage). They were standing in their seats and being incredibly rowdy, moreso than you should for a Broadway show.

Apparently, more people were distracted and the usher had to come over and tell the girls to stop their flailing-like dancing. It didn't seem to stop them, so then

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You