News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bestinshow2

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
Member Name: bestinshow2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEAP OF FAITH Previews  Sep 29 2010, 11:01:40 PM
chrisampm2 wrote:

"Fosse, They're Playing Our Song, The Happy Time, Me and Bessie, A Doll's Life, Evita (US premiere), Jelly's Last Jam, Quilters, Fire in the Rain Singer in the Storm, Sunset Blvd (US premiere), Martin Guerre (US version), Ragtime (US premiere), Roza, Babbitt, Love Match, Mack and Mabel, The Flower Drum Song revisal, Sansei, Spunk, Zoot Suit, Bandido, The Joni Mitchell Project, The First Picture Show, 13, Curtains, Minsky's, Drowsy Chaperone, Leap of Faith, Cy Coleman's last musical Like Jazz, Beautiful Lady, Catch My Soul, and The Odyssey along with many others like it that included LA in their tryout tours. These are just the ones that spring immediately to mind."

I agree with humbug, that is almost never!

-  Sep 27 2010, 09:03:10 PM

Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jun 14 2010, 01:00:58 AM
My advice: go on Tony Night when the forecast is for rain. There were plenty of open seats tonight. Excellent production!!
Where are you watching the Tonys?  Jun 10 2010, 10:32:17 PM
I won't, I'll be watching "The Merchant of Venice" in Central Park. *happy dance*
is FINIAN'S extending & moving to the Neil Simon?  Jan 12 2010, 10:35:21 PM
ALW never had anything to do with it.
re: Jude Law & Sienna  Dec 7 2009, 01:16:42 PM
Ha, reminds me of the good old mid-naughties. Jude & Sienna, so 2004!
re: went to a screening of 'Nine' today...  Dec 7 2009, 01:11:00 PM
I saw "Nine" a few weeks ago and nodded off a little half way through. No, really. I don't get the appeal of this movie, it's loooong, boring and depressing. But not in a good way.

re: Rock N' Roll - does it require cliff notes?  Oct 10 2009, 11:25:49 PM
There is so much in that play to enjoy without having to know the history of the Velvet Revolution. However, wikipedia it if you want to be prepared.
re: THE MIRACLE WORKER returns to Broadway  Oct 9 2009, 12:16:16 AM
Elphie, looking at your avatar makes me miss Raul.

Raul for Helen Keller!!

re: THE NORMAN CONQUESTS: Info & Reviews  Apr 9 2009, 01:35:36 AM
Great to hear you're having so much fun at TNC, Eug! I saw all parts in London and Living Together was actually my favourite; there is a sequence in it where Tom (Ben Miles) made me laugh so hard, I cried.
re: NORMAN CONQUESTS to open at the Circle in April  Feb 1 2009, 01:01:33 AM
Ah, so cool! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard in the theatre as when I saw "Living Together" in October. Ben Miles especially is wonderful as Tom.
re: Breaking News: Jeremy Piven Releases Statement in Reponse to Equity Gri  Jan 17 2009, 07:43:06 PM
Here's Kristen Chenoweth's reaction to the JP drama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk6L9yMwak

LOL.

re: Breaking News: Jeremy Piven Releases Statement in Reponse to Equity Gri  Jan 17 2009, 12:00:27 AM
JP's name should be synonymous with douche bag. In fact, does he have an urbandictionary entry yet?

Oh god, he has!

Jeremy Piven
- Slang for male reproductive organ, obviously referring to Entourage actor Jeremy Piven. As said by Kevin Nealon puts it on the seventh episode of the fourth season of Weeds.

re: Breaking News: Jeremy Piven Releases Statement in Reponse to Equity Grievance  Jan 16 2009, 11:20:48 PM
He is shameless.
re: Jeremy Piven tells all on Good Morning America tomorrow...  Jan 16 2009, 01:47:29 PM
Guys, I think the weird timeline is on purpose. Saying he knew 5 months ago achieves these goals:

- it makes him seem like a martyr for even starting the show in the first place. Broadway was his "dream", he claims he slept all day and conserved all his energy for the show. The fact that he had to drop out after 3 months is well, he's a martyr but not superman.
- however, because he's had time to deal with his illness and stopped eating fish 5 months ago, he should be well enough to

re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes  Jan 12 2009, 01:29:16 AM
Piven will never live this down. And how apt for it to happen at Speed-The-Plow, a play about shallow Hollywood people... it takes one to know one.

Anyway, thanks to JP, I now get to enjoy William H. Macy on Broadway and I had my first introduction to Norbert Leo Butz. So it's all good in my book.

re: List of shows closing this week and next month?  Dec 28 2008, 07:26:14 PM
Thank you, DCR!

As for limited runs, I know Road Show (albeit not B'way) closed today and All My Sons is going soon. Equus plays until Feb 8, I believe. Anything else going?

ETA: Thanks, frogs!!

List of shows closing this week and next month?  Dec 28 2008, 07:17:37 PM
Could some kind soul please link me to a thread or article that lists all the shows that are closing in the next few weeks? I'll be back in town soon and want to see if there's anything I need to catch before it's too late. Many thanks!
re: SAM MENDES GYPSY  Dec 23 2008, 03:34:08 PM
Dollypop:

There's something to be said for the fact that Sam Mendes hasn't been on Broadway since that horrendous production.

He directed the "The Vertical Hour" in 2006.

one heck of a fish(y) story from Humbug  Dec 21 2008, 02:50:34 PM
So on that note, you may not want to believe Humbugfoto but we don't necessarily have to believe you if you cannot produce the evidence.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You