News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatreislife

Member Name: theatreislife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: buying a ticket on ticketmaster. Will I need the credit card I used to
 May 21 2008, 05:21:23 PM
The thing that bothers me about the "have your dad call" advice is.... how does the box office know that it is the card holder calling?? I could use someone's card to order tickets and say that "my son" is going to pick them up. There is no guarantee that the card holder is, in fact the caller. As a card holder, I appreciate when they ask for my card; it is for my protection. I have ordered tickets for others over the phone and have been told that they would be held at the box office for them an
re: favorite roger on rent
 May 8 2008, 07:05:50 PM
Will Chase

Will Chase

Will Chase

re: GLORY DAYS reviews
 May 7 2008, 09:54:56 AM
Anyone else find it odd that a certain someone, just days ago, was all excited about meeting Nick, that he had PM'd him; had listened to songs from the My Space and liked them...??? Now, that person says that he doesn't need to see the show, can't relate...

So, which is it???

For Heaven's sake... be a man, form your own opinion and stop liking something until someone else says they don't. In short... grow up. Stop worrying about being one of the cool kids.

I also must

re: What Broadway stars would you LOVE a holiday album from?
 May 4 2008, 08:34:12 PM
Norm Lewis
re: Current RENT tour rush?
 May 3 2008, 09:02:46 AM
When the tour was here, they said on the website that they would be doing the lottery-type rush, but sort of last minute they decided to go with a first come, first served type rush. They gave coupons and you had to come back like an hour before show time to get the actual tickets. They started giving out the coupons at 4 for an 8:00 show. You should call the box office to see exactly what they are doing.
re: Cat On Hot Tin Roof stagedoor?
 May 2 2008, 09:44:38 PM
When we went ( Tuesday evening performance), she went out the back door when Anika came out the other( ala James Earl Jones/ Terrence Howard), so no, she didn't do the sign or picture thing. I couldn't blame her. The behavior of the crowd ( yelling, grabbing at the performers) would have scared me away, too.
re: How the heck did GLORY DAYS make it onto Broadway?!
 Apr 25 2008, 07:06:26 PM
Like I said before, I liked it. Not my "would die for" show, but I had a good evening at the theatre.

Now, having read this and other Glory Days threads, I came up with a couple of RHETORICAL questions.

First, some members apparently hate almost everything. Their posts are overwhelmingly negative. So, why do they continue to spend money on this thing that they do not enjoy? For example, i don't care for Starbucks. I tried it, wanted to like it. Just don't. So, I don't throw m

re: TheaterTrash and WithoutATrace GLORY DAYS Review Thread
 Apr 23 2008, 07:18:52 PM
I drove from my home in Pa. to see it at The Signature. I am not a young or recent college grad. No, both of those were milestones I reached 30 years ago. I liked it. One of my favorite songs is "Open Road".

I don't think that every review of any show has to be positive, but some of you are militant in making this show sound like it was written by third graders and should have only been performed for family members during Open House at school. The more I read, the more I thought, "Damn

re: To report or not to report
 Apr 17 2008, 07:07:03 PM
the way some people make it sound, the mafia is going to come gun your grandmother down in the street over this. Sounds a little over board, but I cold be wrong. And... the philosophy of "snitching"is bad has to stop. That is how "they" win. You have to stand up for what is right. If no one takes a stand, then what?

OK, go ahead and bash me, I can take it.

Hmmm... better watch my grandmother more closely.

re: PURE COUNTRY - New Musical To Open On Broadway Spring 2009
 Apr 10 2008, 05:45:15 PM
When I saw the title to this thread, I thought, "I just HAVE to post something about letting the bashing begin", but, damnit, it already has. ** walks away feeling deflated**
re: TERRENCE HOWARD
 Apr 9 2008, 06:06:46 PM
Having seen Terrence Howard in Cat, well, you can just as easily sit a wet sponge on the stage and occasionally go over and pour some colored liquid on it and get the same effect.

Honestly, not one of the actors ever made me care about their characters.Totally blew my James Earl Jones fantasy and Rashad... can anyone say "Edith Bunker"???. Now, I can't go see Country Girl because that may blow my Morgan Freeman fantasy....sigh.

re: Jill Paice-Gone With The Wind/U.K. Equity?
 Apr 7 2008, 09:52:12 AM
I thought that Ann ( Drew's wife) was from either Austria or Germany ( may have spent time as a child in France) not the UK and he was born in Missouri.
re: Anyone Else Think Glory Days was...
 Apr 6 2008, 07:57:04 PM
"work in the industry"= sweeps floor after performance

just becayse it sounded snarky

re: Glory Days?
 Apr 3 2008, 08:01:34 PM
Keep in mind that liking or not liking a theatrical production is rather subjective. If it sounds interesting, go see it. Many times I have gone to show knowing NOTHING about it. That way I am open to the experience without the subjective opinions of others. I have loved some, and shrugged my shoulders at others. This is one tha tI liked quite a bit.
re: CHEAP hotels in NYC near theater?
 Apr 2 2008, 12:52:32 PM
We recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Times Square South on West 40th for $199/night. Go to their website and click on deals to get their discounted prices. Can't say that it is still that price, b ut was a great place to stay.
re: Kiss of the Spider Woman vs. Ragtime (March Madness, Quarterfinals, Gam
 Mar 31 2008, 08:40:52 AM
Kiss of the Spider Woman
re: A Hairspray - Baltimore Time warp?
 Mar 30 2008, 09:08:29 PM
Please read this with a solid sense of humor, as that was the intention when it was written...

OK, let;s assume that someone takes the time to think way too much about something that is supposed to be entertaining.... that would mean that someone has way too much time on their hands.

re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
 Mar 24 2008, 06:26:42 PM
Saw it. Loved it.
It is a good representation of what happens after high school. Some grow and change; some are stuck in the past. Others discover things about themselves that, perhaps, they never expected to. College has that effect on people. I thought it was well-done ( as are almost 100% of Signature's shows). Of course, as with most things, like and dislike is subjective, but the 2 times I saw it, the audience was in overwhelming agreement... bravo! This show will bring 2 of the younge

re: My NYC Trips:Reviews of Gypsy and Cat! (slight Spoiler)
 Mar 23 2008, 06:43:26 PM
I wanted to stab myself during the second act of Cat. I sat there thinking that they could have performed the entire production of Les Miz in that time. I was shocked to see,when it finally ended, that only an hour had passed. This storyline SHOULD have gripped the viewer and taken them along with them for the ride. It SHOULD have made an emotional impact. SHOULD... didn't. It was over-acted. The experience was disappointing. Anika was OK - all but maybe 5 minutes of the first act is her delive
re: Stage door - what am I in for?
 Mar 23 2008, 06:30:26 PM
Saw sutton before the show... about 20 mins before half-hour... with her dog, not after.

As for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof..... never been to a stagedoor where fans screamed ( not cheered) and grabbed at the performers. All but James Earl Jones and Rashad came out and signed. JEJ comes out the back door when Terrence comes out the main stagedoor, same with Rashad and Anika ( though, I have head that she sometimes comes out and signs). After the disappointing performance, my stagedoor experi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You