pixeltracker

Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square

Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square

shesamarshmallow
#1Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:21pm

Just got an email offering a presale through Broadway.com - performance schedule is Monday, Wednesday - Saturday at 8PM, Wednesday & Saturday at 2PM, Sunday at 3PM. No news on the cast.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:23pm

Yup. Will open on May 6, 2008:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Show.aspx?si=562520

Running Time : 90 minutes with no intermission
Started: April 22, 2008
Opened: May 6, 2008

J*
Updated On: 3/24/08 at 03:23 PM

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:30pm

I'm so excited for this!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:34pm

I'm not sure I'll be seeing this when I head over to the city in the summer, but if it's running in the fall I will definitely catch it. It sounds like a rather interesting piece. I hope it is able to succeed on Broadway.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#4re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:37pm

This is actually the first time I've heard of Glory Days. Did anyone see it at the Signature Theatre?

Was this expected for this season? Like I said, I have heard nothing about it. Since it's at the Circle in the Square, then it's going to be eligible for the TONYs, right?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#5re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:39pm

I vaguely recall it playing at Signature, but I didn't hear anything about it.

Seems kind of rushed to me.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#6re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:40pm

There have been a few threads about it. Another 90 min show for $100.00. I just don't get it.

shesamarshmallow
#7re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:42pm

I'd rather have a 90 minute show that's good than a 3 hour one that bores me to tears.

I'm so pleased there are Monday shows!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#8re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:44pm

I don't like intermissions. People seem to get too comfortable coming back from intermission. The 90-minute thing doesn't bother me. I've seen some great 90-minute shows.

pli1018
#9re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:44pm

This is awesome! Can't wait for it to get here!

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#10re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:46pm

I agree Marsh, But from reading some things about it. It doesn"t seem like it would have a big overhead. I could be wrong.
Updated On: 3/24/08 at 03:46 PM

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#11re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:59pm

So the tickets are $121.50 & $24 service fee. No thank you

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#12re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 3:59pm

That's if you buy through broadway.com. The sole purpose of that website is to trick people into buying tickets from them so that they can charge that ridiculous fee.

hockeynut Profile Photo
hockeynut
#13re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 4:01pm

For more information on "Glory Days" - listen to the creators James Gardiner and Nick Blaemire's interview/podcast that I recorded with them before the opening of the show at Signature Theatre

Feel free to leave a comment in the Leave A Reply Box.

I love these guys and I wish them great success! Joel
Glory Days Podcast With Creators James Gardner and Nick Blaemire

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 4:04pm

Do not buy tickets from Broadway.com!!! It's the biggest rip-off on earth.
Buy them at the B.O, through telecharge, at the TKTS booth, or some other way, but really Broadway.com is the worst place to buy tickets.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

gymdudeva
#15re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 4:04pm

I'd rather have a 90 minute show that's good than a 3 hour one that bores me to tears.

Well, this one is 90 minutes, NOT good, and will bore you to tears despite its brevity.

Brandy_Breath
#16re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 4:28pm

I can't wait and we are trying to get tickets for this summer.

I have to really disagree with you gymdudeva, my tears were not from boredom but out of sadness for Jack and Andy (and the other two boys, but really those two).

This show is not perfect by any means, but what show is?

I really hope the original cast sticks with the show.

Avatar ~ Jesse JP Johnson as Jack in Glory Days.
Ben Crawford dot Com

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#17re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 4:30pm

speaking of glory days....

...in Seth's latest entry on playbill.com he talks about how Gavin talks about playing Jesus in Godspell. Guess it is true then.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

gymdudeva
#18re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 5:59pm

I have to really disagree with you gymdudeva, my tears were not from boredom but out of sadness for Jack and Andy (and the other two boys, but really those two).

I honestly couldn't really tell the characters apart...except for the hunky jock who I really really wanted to see sans shirt. My tears were also becuase of the $160 I paid for two tickets.

theatreislife
#19re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 6:26pm

Saw it. Loved it.
It is a good representation of what happens after high school. Some grow and change; some are stuck in the past. Others discover things about themselves that, perhaps, they never expected to. College has that effect on people. I thought it was well-done ( as are almost 100% of Signature's shows). Of course, as with most things, like and dislike is subjective, but the 2 times I saw it, the audience was in overwhelming agreement... bravo! This show will bring 2 of the youngest writers to Broadway, something we should all take the opportunity to appreciate, just as we should embrace the next generation of fans. And, remember, this is a new story, begun from scratch;not a version of a movie or book. I applaud them and wish all involved a successful run.

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#20re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 6:34pm

When is the Tony cut-off date?

Because this opens May 6, according to Broadway.com.

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#21re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 6:47pm

The cut-off date is May 7.

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#22re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 7:45pm

Ooooh. Lucky them.

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#23re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 7:48pm

...I give it until July 6th.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#24re: Glory Days - Apr 22nd at Circle in the Square
Posted: 3/24/08 at 7:52pm

omg, people! Can we pleeease lay off the bashing? It hasn't opened yet. Unless you've seen it at the Signature, it seems pretentious and snide to make a judgment on it this early. We should be more than happy that another original show is coming to Broadway and a new generation of songwriters is being funded. You know what other show was originally laughed at for trying a Broadway transfer. A little musical with puppets having sex. I wonder how that turned out.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Videos