News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovett1979

Member Name: lovett1979
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 01:36:43 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention this. Is Alexander Gemignani ok? From my vantage, I could see that he fell offstage after performing The Road You Didn't Take. I thought it was a comedy flop like "thank god that's over" or something. But then he didn't come out for the bows at the end. Did anyone else notice that or know anything?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 11:46:19 AM

HeyMrMusic said: "The orchestra sounded wonderful, even when the poor violinists had to play at the extreme top of their range in Kate Baldwin’s very high key of“Losing My Mind.” It was a highlight to hear the original orchestrations live.

She actually performed a whole step LOWER than Barbara Cook did at the 1985 concert.

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 3 2022, 10:06:46 AM

haterobics said: Because they are more likely to be in traffic accidents 

"

And why are they more likely to be in traffic accidents?

May 2 2022, 05:29:32 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: 

You didnt have to explicitly say it, though.

Most of the posts here feel like when white people try to shield their families from anything that makes them uncomfortable in regards to race. White people avoid anything that goes against what is typically in media's depiction of blacks OR shows a true black POV that makes them feel uneasy.
Yeah, people are entitled to not like a show. However, people WENT IN on this show as if the creati

May 2 2022, 05:11:42 PM

Did I say that the show shouldn't exist? No

Did I say that they shouldn't say the N-word? No

Did I say that teens shouldn't know or hear about sex or sexuality? No

Did I say that the sex scene was too graphic for a stage show? No

But what I did say is that this is an ADULT musical and requires a level of life experience and maturity to best experience it. While 25 may be a bit of an exaggeration on my part, thank you to the person who pointed out that t

May 2 2022, 03:35:19 PM

This is not a show for high school students. Language is rough (much use of the N-word) and there is a very explicit scene of anal sex. I think it's a fantastic show, but I don't think it's appropriate for anyone under 25. Not because they'll be "offended" or "exposed to adult things" but because they do not have the knowledge and maturity to understand and properly contextualize the show.

Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, or Hamilton would be much b

Frankie & Johnny
 May 10 2019, 11:45:10 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "A couple things - I was 4th row center. I believe Audra was wearing some sort of thong but that’s it, definitely not covering anything else up.

Secondly, saying the discussion of AIDS is unnecessary is ridiculous. As you yourself said, it was written and takes place 30 years ago. Why on earth would McNally change that line now? If that’s how people felt about the crisis happening then rewriting that line would be like rewriting history wh

Frankie & Johnny
 May 10 2019, 10:34:08 AM

I saw this last night and was absolutely blown away. It's a wonderful play, performed by two masterful actors. To answer and comment on some things mentioned in this thread:

Regarding nudity - Michael Shannon is definitely naked at the beginning, though the lighting is pretty dark. It's a little funny/uncomfortable seeing his butt, but it does seem natural for the scene. Audra is more covered-up (as befits the character), though "appears" naked as she goes between the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You