News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WestonBoy

WestonBoy Profile Photo
Member Name: WestonBoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If you were a Tony voter for this entire decade....
 Jul 20 2009, 05:27:05 PM
This was fun! Thanks!

Format is the same as original poster's.

Contact
James Joyce's The Dead
Swing!
The Wild Party

The Producers
A Class Act
The Full Monty
Jane Eyre

Thoroughly Modern Millie
Mamma Mia!
Sweet Smell of Success
Urinetown: The Musical

Hairspray

Amour
A Year With Frog and Toad
Movin' Ou

re: TALES OF THE CITY, the musical
 Jul 13 2009, 03:15:13 PM
You're an idiot, bert.

The adaptation covers book one, but some of book two. Since we're going to buzz a bit, fine. I was only trying to respect what they asked us when we first arrived... I think, basically, we are not supposed to really break it down and critique it. I blogged while there about beautiful PICNIC was and got crap for it from the staff. I don't really understand why we can't give good buzz, but apparently we're not supposed to... Yes, it's dumb. But really, bert, why w

re: Ruhl's IN THE NEXT ROOM to Play The Lyceum
 Jul 12 2009, 04:51:27 PM
Ah, yes, I didn't get to see METAMORPHOSIS sadly. But I enjoyed MAURITIUS. I love Ruhl, but some Nottage would be nice on the Great White Way.
 Jul 12 2009, 04:39:17 PM
Oh, wow, I'm an idiot. I even thought about ART for a second. D'oh!
 Jul 12 2009, 04:24:55 PM
Now that I think of it, there was Byrony Lavery's extraordinary FROZEN at Circle in the Square back in... 2000? 2001?
 Jul 12 2009, 04:22:08 PM
Out of curiosity, who was the last female playwright to have a play produced on Broadway? Was it Suzan-Lori Parks' TOPDOG/UNDERDOG? Or am I way off-base here?
 Jul 12 2009, 04:21:12 PM
What a wonderful playwright. How exciting it is to have her on the big boards!
 Jul 12 2009, 04:19:56 PM
He was pretty gorgeous, yeah, DollyPop, but if I remember correctly... he wasn't very good as Mouse. Did you think he was?

Bert, my apologies that no one said it. I was not there for that performance, but at most there is an announcement made.

It's not about the fact that it's good buzz, it's that there is any at all. It's supposed to be a place to put up with the work with NO outside reception, except for certain mentors that are brought in to work with the artists. For many

Jul 12 2009, 01:04:49 PM
Look, if you want to say "Hey, I saw TALES last week and it was great!" and leave it at that, it's fine. But you can't sit down with someone and say, "Hey, so there was this number that makes no sense. Let me tell you about it..."

If the three J's that wrote it decide they want to ask your opinion or for criticism, then great. Go ahead. But we don't post or talk about it publicly. It's what the O'Neill asks. And the O'Neill gives us a lot - I'm sure we can do them this favor in return.

Jul 12 2009, 12:59:37 PM
If the writers choose to talk about the piece, Namo, that is fine. But Bert isn't a writer. Neither are you and neither am I.

I would say the same thing if someone tried to discuss "Picnic at Hanging Rock" which was read at the O'Neill as well.

I'm simply respecting the grounds on which new works are presented at the O'Neill. George C. White knows what he's doing. Why not respect that?

You really don't have to be a jerk. I wasn't trying to sound snobbish or mean.

Jul 12 2009, 12:55:32 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just worked there. There is a polite announcement made before each performance that we do not talk about the work we see with anyone who is not there.

I don't think that Bert meant any harm and I never said he should be banned.

Jul 12 2009, 12:05:51 PM
Hi, Bert and everyone who is going to ask:

This is a polite reminder that we do not post even our positive comments on shows seen at the O'Neill. They are not fully realized productions and it is a safe haven for the writers to fall on their ass if need be.

The Mods really should delete this thread...

re: Tony loser with most legitimate gripe
 Jun 8 2009, 02:22:50 AM
Brian d'Arcy James does something with a crummy role and some lousy material. He delivers a delightful star turn and covers many broad scopes of emotion. His level of commitment is clear and he is a solid, steady and reliable leading man.

I saw SHREK on Thursday and found myself wishing BDJ would take home the Tony tonight. The Act One finale alone leaves the obvious truth: BDJ can do an incredible thing with only a little bit. An extraordinary actor.

and the Tony Award[s] went to...
 Jun 7 2009, 09:18:00 PM
...the sound is a disaster.

Anyone think Tituss looked bored?

Jun 7 2009, 09:13:29 PM
I think Lauren Graham looks terrible. That dress is not flattering.

Marcia on the other hand...

Jun 7 2009, 09:12:09 PM
I think Marcia looks absolutely STUNNING.
 Jun 7 2009, 08:47:40 PM
Why must he talk with that stupid affect all the time? I don't care how pretty the guy is, he really has not done a damn good thing in a long time.

Jun 7 2009, 08:44:44 PM
Why are they not focusing on their only Tony hope? They're stupid for not doing "America", IMO.
 Jun 7 2009, 08:42:26 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYYA! THANK GOD!
 Jun 7 2009, 08:31:15 PM
This is awful. Oh my GOD. Painful beyond imagination.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You