News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayDude2

BwayDude2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayDude2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Deaf Theatre Project of Into the Woods in Indiana  May 9 2019, 01:20:17 PM
http://www.playbill.com/article/into-the-woods-translated-into-american-sign-language-for-indiana-staging

Check it out. This seems awesome! What are everyones thoughts?

Jeremy Jordan Coming Back to Broadway?  Jul 1 2018, 11:14:20 PM

Jeremy Jordan is NOT going to come back to Broadway to be a replacement.. Let's face it. This dude doesn't stay in a show longer than 6 months, and he's in it for the attention/money. I love his voice and his performances, but I really think the dude has a huge ego. He left Broadway for a long time to do TV for the money, and once he gets demoted, he decides he'll come back to the theatre which he loves so much. We may think he should be replacement, but he doesn't think h

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 6 2018, 11:52:22 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "This “forced to use our imaginations” is reminding me a whole lot of Charlie...."

Theatre isn’t meant to just give you the answers straight up. I will any day take a production that challenges me to use my imagination, and be involved with the story telling. Rather than sitting back and not being challenged at all. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 6 2018, 11:43:05 PM
Finally got to see this tonight.

I have so much respect for this production. Yes, it wasn’t perfect. There are definite moments to work on. But theatre is about making choices, and justifying them. I feel like every choice made was clearly justified.

A lot of people have talked about the relationship and chemistry between Billy and Julie. I saw the actors being more modern and contemporary with their arch and reactions. Rather than being your typical R&H characters, falling i

Broadway "Stores"  Feb 26 2018, 10:48:33 AM

Thanks everyone! I've been so many times, and I can't believe I haven't checked out Theatre Circle! I spend hours and hours in Drama Book Shop every time I'm in the city. Can't wait to be back! 

Broadway "Stores"  Feb 25 2018, 07:30:43 PM

Hey all!
I'm going to be in the city next week. I'm wondering if there are any Broadway gift shops or stores I could visit? I go to the one in Schubert Alley all the time, and didn't know if there were any others. Thanks! 

Spongebob and the Right to be Upset (Rant)  Feb 6 2018, 12:12:24 PM

I had same kind of experience when I saw School of Rock at the Winter Garden. I was in last row of the mez, and an Usher was sitting behind on her phone, playing games with the volume on. I was so frustrated! Then, she in the middle of the performance she came down and yelled at people who had their cell phone on their lap and it accidentally went off... and after she yelled at them, she went back to sitting on her phone! 

Disappointing Broadway show(s) of this decade?  Feb 3 2018, 03:53:15 PM

BroadwayAndSports said: "DISAPPOINTING SHOWS...

Shuffle Along: So much potential with that cast, but it was a nothingburger.

Natasha, Pierre, and The Great Comet of 1812: Outside of the immersive part, I really didn't think this was a good musical. The story was all over the place and the music was mostly just singing about what they were doing. I was hoping for more based on the hype.

DISAPPOINTING RUNS...

Bandstand: Powerf

Jason Mraz Replacement in Waitress  Jan 30 2018, 08:50:09 PM

Did I miss this? Have they announced who will be replacing Jason Mraz after Feb 11? I'll be seeing it in Sara's last week in March. 

1st Week of March NYC Trip  Jan 22 2018, 08:22:21 PM

Hey ya'll! Coming into NYC first full week of March. Have tickets to see Carousel, The Band's Visit, and Hello, Dolly! Trying to find tix for the Wednesday matinee. Really wanting to see Once on this Island, but don't know if I can afford it. Is it worth it? Also, what are the odds of Sara extending in Waitress seeing I'll be there the week after she's gone. Thanks! 

Shows to see in March  Sep 20 2017, 10:55:34 AM

Hey all!
Coming to NYC first week of March. I'm a huge fan of Carousel so I've already got my ticket for that. I'm also planning to buy a ticket to Angels in America. I also grabbed a seat for Hello, Dolly because it's finally affordable, and I love Bernadette Peters! So my question is, is it worth buying my ticket for The Band's Visit now? Is it worth it? What else should I see? I've seen just about everything else except for Hansen. 

Question on Tix for Angels in America  Sep 20 2017, 12:18:01 AM

Hey all!

Will be back in NYC in March, and hoping to grab tickets for Angels with Nathan Lane. Do we know when tickets will go on sale? 

Thanks! 

How Much Longer Does WAITRESS Have?  Sep 15 2017, 01:22:05 PM

I bet the show closes out with Betsy Wolfe. And I'm assuming that will be sometime soon, considering she's slated to be in Carousel in the next season. 

Discount Anastasia tix?  Jul 30 2017, 04:06:44 PM

I'm a TDF member so I consistently check there. Checked telecharge discounts, theatre mania, Broadway box, all the norms. Just didn't know if there was a code anywhere. Or if it's at TKTS a lot. 

Discount Anastasia tix?  Jul 30 2017, 03:55:28 PM

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone knows where I can find discount Anastasia tickets? Have they been at TKTS? This is for upcoming Friday night.

Thanks! 

Broadway Lotteries  Jul 23 2017, 03:30:36 PM

Hi all,

Again, with my newbie questions. Coming into the city in two weeks. Gonna enter in as many lotteries as possible for Sunday matinee. I know it varies by show, but what are the odds you actually win? How often doest that happen? Can someone help my unknowledgeable self? Thanks! 

Help! What Show Do I See?  Jul 20 2017, 11:56:46 AM

How much have tix been for Groundhog Day at TKTS? Anyone know? 

Help! What Show Do I See?  Jul 20 2017, 11:26:49 AM

Good morning!

I'll be in the city in two weeks, and I need some help deciding between a few shows. I'm seeing Come From Away, Great Comet, and Bandstand for sure. We're deciding between Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Groundhog Day, or Anastasia. What would be the best overall show to see?

Thanks! 

FREAKY FRIDAY  Jul 19 2017, 12:23:11 PM

The professional regional company in Indiana, Wagon Wheel, announced they're doing it in their season next year. I don't know what that means for the show, but it looks like it will start being produced professional around the US. 

Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage  Jun 8 2017, 09:13:33 PM

Hey all,

Will be in town in August. I know Josh Groban won't be in the show (I've sadly come to terms with it). Is the show still worth seeing if you're not sitting on stage, or in the orchestra? I'm sure it's still a great show, I'm just wondering if it's still worth the experience and the price tickets are at right now.

Thanks all! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You