pixeltracker

Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage

Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage

BwayDude2
#1Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:13pm

Hey all,

Will be in town in August. I know Josh Groban won't be in the show (I've sadly come to terms with it). Is the show still worth seeing if you're not sitting on stage, or in the orchestra? I'm sure it's still a great show, I'm just wondering if it's still worth the experience and the price tickets are at right now.

Thanks all! 

PaulWom
#2Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:16pm

I love the show from wherever you sit, but I would say the best non-stage seat is front mezzanine

hork Profile Photo
hork
#3Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:17pm

By process of elimination, I take it you're asking if it's worth seeing from the mezzanine, and the answer is definitely. The mezzanine is actually better than the orchestra section.

HSky
#4Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 9:29pm

Agreed, go upstairs to the mezzanine if not on stage. Even the last row of rear mezz isn't bad.

theater_tech
#5Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 10:13pm

You should definitely go for the mezzanine instead of the orchestra. If you want to spend more, take the center of the front mezzanine. Of course, the rear mezzanine is perfectly fine as well, although some chandeliers block the view of what's happening in front of those double doors. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#6Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 10:21pm

Front mezz all the way. You have an excellent view and are still connected to the actors and their stories. Seeing the entire stage is difficult in any rows of the orchestra, fro what I've seen.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#7Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 10:29pm

Imo, I've sat in mid right orchestra, 2nd row orchestra at Pierre's perch, and then absolute mid center orchestra and I've been very happy each time; you can see both staircases, I know I miss the balcony chorus line along the banquettes, and actually, I think being on stage, you may be close to certain performers, but you see the backs of the heads of mostly everyone as they sing. I honestly think I could sit anywhere and see something new and different at each performance; it's just that immersive. We're trying to get tix again and may go for upstairs this time. You'll have excitement wherever you decide. Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

broadwaygirl10
#8Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 10:32pm

Honestly, the best seats in the house are the front rows of the front and rear mezz, on the aisles in front mezz and behind the mini stage in rear mezz. SO in conlusion, yes go!

A0326T
#9Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/8/17 at 10:43pm

I initially bought tickets to row B orchestra and after reading comments I then realized I should have ordered for front mezzanine.  This is for August too. I called Telecharge and was able to exchange my tixs for Row B front mezzanine.  I'm super excited and super happy. Thanks Telecharge very much.

bear88
#10Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/9/17 at 2:23am

Front mezzanine is good for many musicals, but it's terrific for this Great Comet. I was in the fourth row, off to right side, and had a terrific view. My wife got plenty of interaction with the performers on the aisle. I had plenty of legroom with one of the little tables in front of me.

I might try the stage if I ever got a chance to see it again, but for the first time, front mezzanine is the safest way to go. You get a panoramic view of the action but still feel in the midst of things.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#11Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/9/17 at 9:31am

Sat second row rear mezz left via lottery. Seats were excellent. I actually couldn't have imagined the front mezz being better due to the action that happened between the front and rear mezz that you'd have to turn around for. I would sit in these seats again in a heartbeat if I saw Great Comet again.

characterism
#12Great Comet and NOT sitting on stage
Posted: 6/9/17 at 9:51am

I sat in the last row of the mezzanine, center, and I loved it.  There's a lot to take in, and back there you have a view of everything except the orchestra.  There was a platform two rows in front of me, which was cool as well. They really did a fantastic job with the staging to make sure that every seat is "involved."

Videos