News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aroundalongtime

Member Name: aroundalongtime
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

10 Most Important Musical Theatre Songs?
 Oct 4 2014, 09:54:17 PM
Reading each of your lists, I would have to list at least 20. But, if I must, my choices are:

Brotherhood of Man - How to Succeed Without Really Trying
You'll Never Walk Alone - Carousel
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Roberta
Memory - Cats
White I Did for Love & One -A Chorus Line
Tonight - West Side Story
Oklahoma - Oklahoma
Send In the Clowns - A Little Night Music
Wilkommen - Cabaret
Bring Him Home - Les Miserables

Casting Questions
 Aug 22 2011, 09:02:56 PM
Thanks Dramamama, I will look it up. Appreciate the info.
Casting Questions
 Aug 22 2011, 08:15:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to read here for a couple of weeks. Have there been any discussions or rumors about the How to Succeed replacement for Darren Criss who is only signed for one month?

Same thought about Ghost, the Musical. Any casting facts or rumors yet?

In light of Valentines day, what is your favorite broadway love song?
 Feb 14 2010, 02:16:25 AM
I love Broadway music - always have, so I thought I would read through these hundreds of interviews to see how many of the artists would agree with my choices. Not one of them or any of the posters in this thread, so far, do either. At least, no one agrees with any of my first five choices. Tell me, am I looney or just off base, please.

1. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - Roberta
2. Try to Remember - The Fantastiks
3. Sunrise, Sunset - Fiddler on the Roof
4. What I Did For

re: What Do We Know About 'Memphis'
 Jul 21 2009, 04:30:14 PM
I agree - thanks for that info. It sounds like it could be a real smash. I would love to hear more about casting if anyone hears anything.

Thanks again.

What Do We Know About "Memphis"
 Jul 21 2009, 03:52:24 PM
I read today that Merle Dandridge was cast to play in "Memphis". I am wondering if there is anything more that is known about this exciting sounding musical. I understand that it is scheduled into the Shubert in the fall.

Thanks.

re: Dreamgirls Revival?
 Mar 9 2009, 03:35:46 PM
Offering my two cents - I saw a fantastic performance of Effie in Dreamgirls in Raleigh NC. It starred a wonderful performer named Quiana Parler. Someone put together a YouTube resume of several of her performances, including Effie. This is a lady that could knock off several socks. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr6gyCwAQxg

re: Shows you want revived asap
 Feb 15 2009, 06:21:00 PM
Joseph
How to Succeed
Carousel

and another vote for

Pippin
Evita
My Fair Lady

re: How to save Broadway
 Dec 28 2008, 11:07:57 PM

One thing that would help would be if the snobs among you would welcome newcomers, even though they don't know all the secrets and history. This site is extremely unpleasant much of the time. What will happen when only New Yorkers are going to support the Great White Way - because that is happening right now. It seems you should welcome those who want, and are able to come here rather than make them feel unwelcome.

I don't think Zac and Miley will save the Theatre, but they coul

Clay Aiken to Receive His Caricature At Sardi's
 Dec 24 2008, 05:54:55 PM
I just want to mention that a respected Broadway performer, Terrence Mann was interviewed about Clay in a TV feature recently, as he was the Director in the Raleigh Theater presentation of "Oklahoma" when Clay played Will Parker. He was filled with praise for Clay, who was a teen at the time.

As far as recognition is concerned I will add that Clay has not totally been "teen pop", and has starred in 9 (nine) concert tours where audiences were as large as 20,000+, and remember please,

re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 26 2008, 09:33:03 PM
I'm sorry, Rosie fans. I checked in several times and every time she was performing with one of her guests. She sings a little, dances a bit and reads a script. But who wrote: "Liza, my G_D, what are you doing here", "Jane, if we had only known you were available we would have saved some time for you to sing", and "Clay, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be on the stage". Rosie produced this so had at least some right to fix the script. Those were the three intro's I heard, but th
re: What happened to originality?
 Nov 26 2008, 02:45:51 PM
I think of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying".
re: Movie Musicals being planned
 Nov 17 2008, 12:11:52 AM
There was a musical that Disney was going to make of Rapunzel, with Kristen Chenoweth. It was, I believe, scheduled for 2008 or 2009. I followed it for a while in the data base, but gave up after a year or so. This was back in 2005. They had a lot of artwork on the web.

Anyone know what happened to it, other than it obviously isn't going to be.

re: I love _____________________ but I HATE _________________
 Nov 3 2008, 11:47:36 AM
I love the original musical The Chorus Line, but I hate the revival AND the movie.
ACTOR SHOULD SO PLAY ROLE
 Oct 26 2008, 06:03:01 PM
Clay Aiken should so play J. Pierpont Finch
re: The REAL Broadway Legends!!!
 Sep 11 2008, 07:22:38 PM
Somebody beat me to adding Julie Harris, my favorite. But, for your consideration - Bobby Morse.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You