News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Allison5580

Allison5580 Profile Photo
Member Name: Allison5580
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Opinions on Wicked...
 Mar 19 2006, 09:37:34 PM
Rocky Horror is a cult show....not Wicked.
re: Forbidden Broadway: Do Stars Love or Hate Being Satirized?
 Mar 19 2006, 09:33:43 PM
I actually asked Patti LuPone this one time when I was talking to her. She said that it was kind of an honor, as someone else on here mentioned. Even if you're being "made fun of" or satirized, they're selecting you out of everyone else to impersonate. And some of the audience members may have never heard of this person or that person, but once they see "Forbidden Broadway" they grow curious. So, all-in-all, it's a good thing!
re: Wicked costumes
 Mar 19 2006, 09:31:41 PM
I don't know how the money for your costumes works. I think, from what a friend told me, they will reimburse you up to a certain amount, but of course, they only require you to have one costume whereas most people like to have a couple of different costumes and different characters for variety AND cleanliness! A friend of mine suggested that I do Columbia from "Rocky Horror" but she's not exactly kid friendly....even though she's a bit on the childish side.

I'm open for suggestions

re: Wicked costumes
 Mar 19 2006, 03:36:02 AM
Well, yeah, I know THAT much. I'm just looking for something that resembles it. I like the blue costume from the stage version much better than the pink one in the movie. I guess I worded my original query wrong. I need to know if anyone knows of any place that sells something comparable to Glinda's blue gown that could be potentially altered or whatever to eventually look more like the stage version. It's OBVIOUS that you can't just buy the costume!
Wicked costumes
 Mar 19 2006, 03:21:06 AM
I'm going to be applying for a job at a place here in San Antonio called "The Magic Time Machine". It's a restaurant and in order to work there you have to be dressed as a character, preferably a kid-friendly one because it is a family environment. I'd love to be Glinda, but I would prefer to wear her costume from the stage show, not from "Wizard of Oz". Anyone have ANY idea where that can be purchased, if it's available anywhere? If not, does anyone have any kind of recommendations as to wh
re: Miss Saigon Casting
 May 28 2004, 04:20:34 PM
When are these auditions and where? I have looked EVERYWHERE for info on Miss Saigon auditions. Are they for the current tour? And is it for all parts or just the guys? Just curious! You can email me at ANewsom@starmail.com or Allison_Newsom@yahoo.com (or the AOL email above) if you know! Thanks!

re: for the actors here
 May 27 2004, 11:33:31 PM
I'm new to this place! But anyhow...if I could be any role, I would choose Ellen in Miss Saigon or Eponine in Les Mis. There are lots of other roles I love, but those are my two faves right now!!!!!!!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You