News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for romgitsean

romgitsean Profile Photo
Member Name: romgitsean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Brooke Shields & Richard Chamberlain to Star in Premiere of THE EXORCIST  May 19 2012, 01:25:57 AM
Make as many sarcastic bitchy comments as you all want - creating horror or suspense on stage can be done. The goal of theatre is to evoke emotion from an audience, and to evoke fear from a live audience when done correctly is a very powerful thing. I'm extremely glad they're not making this a parody or going the camp route and are really taking a big risk here because it is such unusual material. I have nothing but high hopes for this production, and it seems like it's got a pretty good cast an
New Poll: What Other 1994 Films Would You Like to See on Stage?  Mar 30 2012, 04:12:09 PM
Ooh! Serial Mom, please! I think this would be a riot.
New Poll: What Other 1994 Films Would You Like to See on Stage?  Mar 30 2012, 01:10:18 PM
If I HAD to pick one, it would probably be Shawshank considering its already been done on the West End, but we've already had Interview...Vampire with Lestat and the rest of the choices are rather silly.
Carrie Article from 1997  Feb 29 2012, 05:46:07 PM
Is it just me, or no matter what this show does, everyone on here seems to hate it? Yeesh. I guess that's BWW for ya. I thought the clips were pretty good - Marin's costume looks so much better than what is was. And did they change her wig? Somehow she looks more manic, and I really like it.

I know it's been asked, but what does everyone miss about the old gal, and what's everyone's favorite improvement?

I personally miss Heaven the most. For some reason, I felt the octect in S

A little OT, but...  Jan 13 2012, 11:51:39 AM
Was anyone else here at Annaleigh's last performance last night? I thought it was such a high-energy performance, she will be missed.

That being said, best of luck to Emma. She's gonna be great.

Unpopular Opinions  Jan 13 2012, 11:45:27 AM
I really like the Godspell revival. I realize it has some flaws, but it's just got so much talent and the rearrangements sound awesome (Beautiful City, anyone?)

If THE HELP was a play/musical...  Dec 23 2011, 02:08:56 PM
I have to agree, I have also thought about The Help and don't think it would do well. I think it's just too soon, and in a few years, it wouldn't be fresh enough for audiences and wouldn't do well. It would have to be a musical if anything, though.
Unpopular Opinions  Nov 27 2011, 02:38:30 PM
"'Next To Normal' was an offensive portrayal of mental illness that seemed to have no grounding in what real people go through with this kind of condition."

I could not agree more jdrye222. I disliked N2N for a while for that very reason. However, I felt like Marin did a far superior job than Alice, which is not only an unpopular opinion, but seeing Marin is what made me like the show more.

I love Lestat, Metropolis and The Woman In White and think they are all worthy of reviva

The Woman in White  Nov 27 2011, 02:29:27 PM
Last I checked with RUG, there are no plans to release it yet. I am skeptical if they will ever release the rights, unfortunately.
Revenge Of The Old Queen?  Oct 31 2011, 06:03:45 AM

Bump. Seriously, no one besides Gaveston knows about this?

Revenge Of The Old Queen?  Oct 29 2011, 05:38:21 PM
Hey, so I was wondering - since I'm in a shadow cast of Rocky this weekend, I naturally researched Rocky a little bit and discovered the screenplay for another full-length sequel 'O Brien wrote himself, "Revenge Of The Old Queen".

I know there's one demo that's leaked onto the internets, but I was wondering if there were other recordings that were available to listen to as well.

Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re  Oct 12 2011, 07:31:36 AM
I would die if this could happen. I'd love to see Ben Wright and Danielle Ferland again. Have they been active performers at all since? Last I remember Ben was a performance agent of some sort?

BWW TV: Prepare Ye - First Look at GODSPELL in Rehearsal!  Sep 26 2011, 09:22:53 PM
I agree with almost everything that's been said. Bad song choices and no Hunter. I'm not giving up hope though.
CLYBOURNE PARK Will Play Broadway in Spring 2012  Sep 9 2011, 01:39:54 PM
I would've loved to see Tracy in those roles. I only saw it in London last week and I loved it.

Also, I had a previous thread asking this - what company licenses amateur rights for this?

METROPOLIS by Joe Brooks  Sep 7 2011, 10:48:45 PM
Where could I get sheet music for this? Anyone know?
But Never Jam Today  Aug 25 2011, 03:32:09 PM
Has Debbie Allen's Alice ever been performed besides in its tryout? I haven't been able to find anything (posters, cast list, recordings) about it.
re: Metropolis by Joe Brooks  Aug 25 2011, 01:23:36 PM
The material undoubtly has a lot of potential. It really surprises me that it was never picked up by Dramatists or Samuel French or another sort of licensing company. I don't know if Metropolis could ever be a real hit because of the themes of the material, but I think it would be great for Encores! or something of the like.

How many productions of Metropolis have been done in the US? There's a nice site set up by the director of the '02 production, and there was one in '93 as mentioned

But Never Jam Today  Aug 25 2011, 01:14:57 PM
Did anyone ever see this while it was on Broadway? I am a huge Alice fan and just came across it... the clips available I've heard on the internet sound truly terrible, but in the so-bad-its-good kind of way. Thoughts?
re: Metropolis by Joe Brooks  Aug 25 2011, 12:13:58 AM
Who owns the rights to this since Joe Brooks is dead? I'm guessing his estate, right? I would really love to look into a concert of this... could someone please point me in the right direction? I'm assuming the next best person to contact would be Dusty Hughs, the bookwriter and lyricist.
John Doyle directs 'The Exorcist' at Geffen Playhouse Summer 2012  Aug 17 2011, 05:18:58 PM
I for one am a fan boy of the horror genre, so I'm excited, especially because the intention seems not to recreate the film for stage, but rather a darker theatrical retelling. That being said, it could be totally hit or miss.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You