The Woman in White

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#1The Woman in White
Posted: 11/25/11 at 7:43pm

Has there been any regional theatre productions of this show? Or are the rights even released yet?

Facebook...ME !!!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2The Woman in White
Posted: 11/25/11 at 8:38pm

The RUG website shows it as unavailable, so I assume none yet.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2The Woman in White
Posted: 11/25/11 at 8:52pm

While, like most later ALW works (and by later I mean post Evita The Woman in White  ) it's something of a guilty pleasure, I do really like the show--it's too bad it seems kinda abandoned. Then again, I'm holding my breath for another incredibly awful Bill Kenwright touring production *sigh*

(While far, far, from a perfect show, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed Whistle Down the Wind when I saw it in london--I went its first month because I was in town and was expecting to see a flop I'd never get to see again, and was won over. The Kenwright show that toured North America was a piece of camp awfulness).

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#3The Woman in White
Posted: 11/25/11 at 8:58pm

Bill Kenwright was or is the guy who produced the current Jekyll and Hyde UK tour right?.....PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO !!!!

Facebook...ME !!!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#4The Woman in White
Posted: 11/25/11 at 9:21pm

Yes he is. I believe in the UK he's well known for cheap touring productions. ALW may be many things, but a man who cheaps out on budget for his shows--at least in terms of their stagings--isn't usually one of them, so I don't know why he's lately tied his name to Kenwright so much.

romgitsean
#5The Woman in White
Posted: 11/27/11 at 2:29pm

Last I checked with RUG, there are no plans to release it yet. I am skeptical if they will ever release the rights, unfortunately. The Woman in White

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6The Woman in White
Posted: 11/27/11 at 2:53pm

It'd be nice to see all ALW's shows back on Broadway, JCS, Evita and Phantom are supposed to be on next year, so hopefully it can happen!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-