News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Figaro2

Member Name: Figaro2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Blood Brothers
 Feb 22 2009, 05:13:06 AM
Its Kiki Dee as Mrs Johnstone
Con O'Neill as Mickey
and Warwick Evans as the Narrator
I am from Liverpool, UK so have spent my life loving Blood Brothers, for me the 1985 London Cast Recording with the late Stephanie Lawrence is the best.

ON STAGE DRAMA
 Sep 23 2008, 03:13:39 PM
HELLO ALL
Just remembered a lovely memory and thought i would share with you all.
went to see Three Sisters at the Queens Theatre, London 1990, Vanessa Redgrave, Lynn Redgrave and Jemma Redgrave, i absolutely love Vanessa....there was a scene with Jemma as Irena carrying a lamp, with a huge glass top, lit candle inside.she stumbled and the lamp fell and smashed, Jemma looked horrified, Vanessa casually walked off stage and collected a broom, she basically waltzed with the broom sweeping

re: Sunset Boulevard...
 Jul 2 2008, 04:46:00 PM
I saw Patti 3 times at the Adelphi theatre and loved her Norma, she sang it wonderfully, her interpretion was amazing.Kevin Anderson was a great Joe , Patti is such a unique talent.to be able to act and sing in such a powerful manner, Who will ever forget in London how Fantine was dragged across the stage by Javert's truncheon, she just broke my heart.
Forgive me please but there are too many Patti knockers on this board, accept the talent, accept the 2 Tonys, the Laurence Olivier Award,

The Ultimate Cast
 Jun 22 2008, 03:34:01 PM
What cast could take Broadway/West End by storm in which musical?.

could Patti, Bernadette, Raul and Jonathan Groff sing together...?

Has it ever happenened before, ?????. Not talking Sondheim at the Carnegie, talking productions.....

re: Much Anticipated Musicals That Crashed & Burned - Big Time
 Jun 22 2008, 03:22:48 PM
West End.
Hunting of the Snark, some truely lovely performances and songs.
Children of Eden.ditto
Martin Guerre.ditto
Moby Dick. Great fun......

would love to have seen Metropolis.love Judy Kuhn, love the CD
great shame.

re: favorite opening number
 Jun 22 2008, 03:12:23 PM
BLOOD BROTHERS
makes the hairs stand up on my neck, that wonderful choral beginning,the saxaphone..... Liverpool back drop, Mrs Johnstone 'Tell me its not true, Say its just a story'....the sinister narrator. 'So did you hear the story of the johnstone twins........ Wonderful....especially the late brilliant Stephanie Lawrence.

re: Who do you think was the best Mama Rose?
 Jun 22 2008, 03:01:58 PM
HELLO ALL.
Loved Rosalind, entertained by Bette .
Still paying off the loan seeing Patti on Broadway, she totally blew me away, so GLAD she got to play the role, won the Tony,I am saddened by the anti Patti notices on this board, I appreciate 'each to their own' but come on, this woman lives.breathes,throttles this role, and such a great supporting cast. PATTI ROCKS , come to london pronto X

re: Patti LuPone in 'Sunset Blvd.'
 May 27 2008, 02:03:02 PM
I was very lucky to have see Patti three times as Norma and was entranced by her performance, a powerhouse performance which received extremely good notices from the UK press, the only negative was that many thought she was too good looking as Norma and could see why Joe would be captivated by her.
We have been so fortunate here in the UK to have seen Patti in The Cradle will Rock, Les Mis,Sunset, At the Donmar and Masterclass and I so hope Gypsy.
Her time in Sunset was a very bad exp

re: Who has the perfect, pure voice?
 May 2 2008, 03:20:14 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RYHcyhLqk&feature=related

Happy Weekend everybody x

re: Who has the perfect pure voice ?
 Apr 30 2008, 05:55:06 PM
Sorry to be subjective

but you know what I mean, in the dark with the ipod playing and those voices that just take your breath away, voices of angels.make you cry. thats all I meant.

Philip Quast whatever you believe from Hunting of the Snark
Judy Kuhn Someone else's Story
Rebecca Luker, Mandy Patinkin How Could I ever know
Colm Wilkinson Les Mis Finale 'Now you are here...Again beside me.....

and so on and so on .Pure, Perfect, Beautiful, Captivating...

Apr 30 2008, 05:31:41 PM
Colm Wilkinson Bring Him Home

and of course Lea....

Mandy Patinkin has his moments !

Apr 30 2008, 05:17:16 PM
firstly in reply Philip Quast is an Australian who in the West End has been in Les Mis, Hunting of the Snark, The Fix, The Secret Garden Sunday in the Park. and La Cage.

secondly what i meant and I mean for me personally, someone, who isin't a belter. but someone who sings beautifully, who captures the words and has that lilt, that dream like quality.

Another who always did it for me is the irish performer Siobhan McCarthy, original Svetlana in London Chess, just a gorgeous voi

Apr 30 2008, 05:06:08 PM
just seen the message below, huge apologies, i wasn't treading on toes. thinking very much alike.

Who has the perfect pure voice ?
 Apr 30 2008, 05:02:27 PM
FOR ME

Female REBECCA LUKER

Male PHILIP QUAST

The madness of a seduced woman
 Apr 23 2008, 04:37:32 PM
Does anyone know this
Susan Fromberg Schaeffer,

love this book so much
always thought this would have been good for Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman.when they were together !

what a film. what a musical

do you agree ?

re: How many broadway shows have you seen?
 Apr 15 2008, 04:23:03 PM
wow 18

forgot

Spring Awakening
Grey Gardens

re: Musicals you loved immediately
 Apr 15 2008, 03:58:37 PM
Les Miserables
Blood Brothers
Chess
Sunset Boulevard
The Hunting of the Snark
Martin Guerre
Gypsy (with Patti)
The Lord of the Rings

re: How many broadway shows have you seen?
 Apr 15 2008, 03:05:25 PM
Les Miserables
The Goodbye Girl
She Loves Me
Kiss of the Spider Woman
Blood Brothers x 2 (with the late and so missed Stephanie Lawrence)
Passion
Beauty and the Beast
Closer
The Homecoming
Cyrano
Gypsy (Patti x 2)
Sunday in the Park with George
The Country Girl
Wicked
Mary Poppins

16 and counting

West End over 200.

Love it x

re: Favourite Mama Rose
 Apr 12 2008, 04:59:41 PM
Patti....give her the 2008 Tony please.....LuPone
re: Is Lupone Tony Bound?
 Apr 9 2008, 04:31:22 PM
I really hope Patti gets it, she's a grafter, she has had a remarkable career, times of sheer brilliance and some serious setbacks, the second TONY would mean everything.
In Gypsy she triumphs, this is a career defining role.She gives everything on that St James stage. And the audience soaks it up, I hope the Tony panel are blown away. I was....

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You