News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayrob

Member Name: broadwayrob
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Broadway Dance Show  Jun 4 2013, 05:14:53 AM
A Chorus Line by far for me... so much iconic choreography packed into that little show! Wonderful.
Joe Gillis in SUNSET BOULEVARD  Jun 4 2013, 05:12:12 AM
I have to throw some love for Alan Campbell out there too. Out of all the Joe's I've heard, Alan's take on the title song was really telling to the character and in my opinion the entire feeling of the show. Such a perfect mix of desperation/narcissism/and an almost sort of sense of relief. Love it. As for the show itself, it was the first show I ever saw being professionally done (saw the shortened tour version.. the one that had to be cut due to money and resources) So it holds a pretty spec
Thoughts: Laura Bell Bundy's 'Giddy On Up' Music Video  Jun 4 2013, 05:01:55 AM
What a strange threat to bring back to life....
Ana Gasteyer as Elphaba  Jun 4 2013, 05:00:00 AM
I have a copy OP. I will say that while she didn't do a "bad" job in the role, she also wasn't the best I've seen either...and I've only seen three (two of them on tour).
Leave Celebrities Alone at Shows  Sep 2 2012, 12:18:48 AM
I have to admit I'm guilty of this. Saw The Best Man over the summer and Ben Vereen was there. *I was in the boxes, he was in ORCH C on the aisle*. I went down at intermission and he was being very chatty with the people around him. Introduced myself, *he then called me King Rob for the rest of our conversation". Asked for a picture which he obliged most graciously. I think that it what matters is the way you approach someone. I'm not sure who it was that said it, but I agree that if you're
Ariana Grande as Glinda in Wicked movie?  Aug 13 2012, 08:54:14 AM
Oh Jordan, true story, this board would be NOWHERE near as entertaining without your presence.
Ariana Grande as Glinda in Wicked movie?  Aug 13 2012, 07:58:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ an actual helpful post? THE HORROR! :)
R.I.P Marvin Hamlisch  Aug 7 2012, 03:25:43 PM
This hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. Truly a great loss. Such a sad day...
The current portrayal of Glinda in Popular.  Aug 4 2012, 08:49:48 AM
As much as I've moved on from this show, *and I don't mean that in a pretentious way, I just got kind of bored with it after a while* I would have to say that Jennifer Laura Thompson is easily my favorite Glinda that has existed. While she does bear resemblance to the original Cheno-style, IMO she was the perfect balance of "cracked out" and grounded. Love her in practically everything she does though.. so I may be a bit biased.
Do modified vowels take you out of the moment?  Aug 3 2012, 07:00:13 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

winner.

ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS: Even better the second time around!  Aug 3 2012, 05:37:34 AM
UGH! I wish I had rushed this show instead of the show I actually went to see. Put that in the "lessons learned" file.
RIP - Gore Vidal  Aug 1 2012, 05:58:19 AM
Definitely brought a tear to my eye. Being that I'm a little "crazy" about politics... he was always one of the most well-informed people I have ever heard speak on the topic. He was a BRILLIANT mind, and there will be NO ONE who can replace him.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:38:55 PM
UGH. How can you equate Westboro Baptist Church crazies or murdering lunatics with this?!??!!? Hyperbole much?! Come on Reg, you're smarter than that.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:29:08 PM
@Reg: It would be viewed in the same vein of a discriminatory refusal to hire. Again, no company wants to hire a lush, but if they can still perform the job they have and have the experience and references to back it up, why should it matter what they post on a social media site?
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:26:55 PM
@AEA AGMA SM: This is a good reply to my sentiment. I'm fully behind not casting someone because of lack of judgement when it comes to badmouthing other performers/companies/directors/etc. That pertains to your job and is important. I also can see the importance of not sharing every personal detail of your life with the world at large. This is why most performers, or anyone who is a quasi/semi-celebrity, keep their Facebook private. Well, that and for the lunatic stalkers out there.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:22:53 PM
@artscallion What I meant by that is that it will happen regardless if someone thinks it's a smart thing to do. And besides, I've never heard of anyone dying by someone tweeting about a party they went to last night. Big difference between possible death and a little too much at a party that someone is talking about the next day.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:20:34 PM
But Kad now you're talking about something else. Frequency of said posts weren't what I was talking about. I'm more talking about the one off type of deal. Where it happens every few months or so. And IF they are posting that every weekend, *and management is that concerned* then perhaps a meeting talking about if the person has a problem or not. I really do hate this "gotcha" world we live in. *sigh*
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:13:13 PM
@Reg: Yes, I'm sure they might. However, there are laws being enacted that might just prevent that sort of thing from happening. Because that's their own personal time. What they do with it is often irrelevant to their job.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 02:10:32 PM
@artscallion It's irrelevant if it's a smart thing to do. I just think that it's something that happens. I do it, and I've seen performers on Facebook and Twitter that do it as well. It is what it is.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show  Jul 27 2012, 01:11:05 PM
A vast majority of show people in this day and age are in their twenties and early thirties and they will behave as such. Im not "crusading" for alcoholism or anything haha, but I do think that 20-something's do enjoy reveling in debauchery and in my eyes that's just them acting their age. Something 99 percent of humans do.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You