News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Marquise

Marquise Profile Photo
Member Name: Marquise
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?  Jun 25 2010, 06:15:51 AM
All I have to say is: BERNADETTE PETERS IS A GODDESS!!!
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Alchoholic  Jun 24 2010, 05:09:54 PM
Yes, that must be it. It may have been recorded between it's LA and NY run? That's why it's labeled as PREMIERE AMERICAN RECORDING as opposed to ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST, no?
Remember When Montego Glover Lost the Tony to Catherine Zeta-Jones  Jun 24 2010, 05:03:27 PM
Remember the time BroadwayWorld.com's forums were full of intelligent thought provoking threads on theater.

Uh-uh, nah....didn't think so.

Your Least Favorite Sondheim Song  Jun 24 2010, 04:56:03 PM
Sondheim at his worst is better than [ Pal Joey ] at this best.
PROMISES, PROMISES - Original Production Photos  Jun 24 2010, 04:35:02 PM
I do actually have some from the London Playbill and I was going to post them when I realized all I had scanned was the cover. The Playbill is in storage so I can't get to it right now.
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Alchoholic  Jun 24 2010, 04:32:13 PM
Since this is a Patti LuPone thread I'd thought I'd bring up something that really irks me. On stage, in performance at the end of "Buenos Aires", at least in all the ones I've seen, ended the word "Quality" on a high note but on the cast album she ends it on a low note that sounds like she's reaching for the bowels of hell.
I've always wondered why they didn't just record it the way it was sung on stage.

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Alchoholic  Jun 24 2010, 09:54:43 AM
Definitely getting the audio version.
Jill O'Hara Interview  Jun 24 2010, 08:58:18 AM
I don't know if this has been posted to the board before. I did a search but came up with "0", but you all know how reliable our good ol' search feature here on BWW is, right?

Anyway, for those interested on the whereabouts of Miss Jill O'Hara Broadway's original "Fran Kubelik" from PROMISES, PROMISES there is an interesting 47 minute interview on her website discussing among other things her new CD "Alone Together" as well as her career on stage in the original Public Theater production of HAIR (she played "Sheila"), GEORGE M! (playing George M. Cohen's wife "Agnes") and of course PROMISES, PROMISES.

My apologies if this has been posted on the forum before. My intentions are pure and I do not wish to offend those here who get easily "worked up" over re-hashed topics and/or threads.

Thank You and Have A Blessed Day.

...And listen to PROMISES, PROMISES...often!

PROMISES, PROMISES - Original Production Photos  Jun 24 2010, 04:21:29 AM

and just for fun....

PROMISES, PROMISES - Original Production Photos  Jun 24 2010, 02:39:35 AM
I'm sitting here in front of my laptop listening to all my PROMISES recordings and I just thought I'd share some original production photos from the original 1968 production starring Jerry Orbach and Jill O'Hara.

Did 'TITANIC' recoup?  Jun 24 2010, 01:24:46 AM
That's a very good question. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it didn't. I may be wrong. I believe it was an expensive show to mount because of it's set alone.
If you could sit between any two people in theatre history at a dinner part  Jun 24 2010, 01:20:20 AM
Chita Rivera and Rita Moreno
next Fran in Promises Promises  Jun 23 2010, 10:56:52 PM
Too bad that Matthew Morrison is tied up with his commitments to glee because I would have cast him as Chuck Baxter.

next Fran in Promises Promises  Jun 23 2010, 10:45:50 PM
Too bad because I feel she would have been excellent in the role, but seeing as Chuck is really the star of the show I would have cast "Fran" with someone who was right for the part and cast Chuck with someone who was not only a big draw but appropriate for the role.
Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?  Jun 23 2010, 10:42:57 PM
I totally understand where your coming from. Prices are sky high all around from putting ON a production to PAYING to go see one. I know that the bottom line is to make the investment back to justify the time, expense, blood, sweat and tears that it took to mount the production in the first place. I totally get that. It's just disheartening is all. I'm seeing a whole lot of mediocre and not a lot of WOW.
next Fran in Promises Promises  Jun 23 2010, 10:34:52 PM
Right off the bat I would have given that part to Anne Hathaway. Who not only would bring in audiences but has the chops to pull it off and is right for the part.

next Fran in Promises Promises  Jun 23 2010, 10:33:26 PM
No. As a producer I would cast someone who would sell tickets and was talented enough and right for the part.

Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?  Jun 23 2010, 10:30:10 PM
I see what you're saying, but if you're a producer and your money is on the line........what do you expect?

At the current prices they are charging now for theater tickets I expect nothing less than what I am paying for.

Case in point: Paid top dollar to see Lansbury and CZ-J in ALNM. Got my money's worth.

Paid top dollar to see Chenoweth and Hayes in Px2 = Throrughly disappointed.

Mind you these are only my opinions. What do I know? I'm just a die-hard

Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?  Jun 23 2010, 10:20:59 PM
Again, you are missing my point. I'm not against producers casting a name actor if said actor is right for the part and will do the part justice. Denzel Washington and Scarlett Johansson are two perfect examples.

I am against producers casting a name actor regardless of whether that actor is right or wrong for the role just to make a buck. Christina Applegate being one of many such examples and then relegating a true Broadway triple threat like Charlotte D'Amboise to understudy status.

next Fran in Promises Promises  Jun 23 2010, 10:16:30 PM
Yes, let's keep the tradition of this production going and let the producers continue to cast this production not with performers who are actually right for the role but with performers who will guarantee that they make back all their money and then some regardless of whether the performer is right for the part or not. Who cares as long they pack them in, right? Will they like the show or not? What do they care, they got their butts in the seats and their money as well.

So to that end I

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You