News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KirbyCat

KirbyCat Profile Photo
Member Name: KirbyCat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 ever come Broadway?  Dec 7 2015, 05:44:24 PM

I sat in a stool house right and could see everything! You should be fine. :)

Will Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 ever come Broadway?  Dec 7 2015, 04:25:40 PM

I was at the invited dress at ART the other night. The original creative team is attached, and there are new numbers in the show. The piece is very much still in development, and ART has basically become a pre-Broadway incubator, so I wouldn't rule it out!!

Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 01:15:00 AM

Posted on Instagram...

Preview the new KING & I cast recording  May 24 2015, 10:28:07 PM

A cast recording is enormously expensive to produce. Keep in mind that The King and I currently boasts one of the largest casts and orchestras on Broadway, and they've all got to be paid. It's safe to assume these songs were cut to stay within a budget.

Julian Ovenden sings FINDING NEVERLAND  Mar 9 2015, 11:36:01 PM
I agree: an accessible score is important for the type of audience Weinstein wants, and hiring a new team for the score was probably a smart move. But I also think that the new score really is not good at all. Certainly hummable, but in an irritating doesn't-make-you-wanna-listen-anymore kind of way. I hated every second of it.
(The orchestrations are also atrocious.)

Finding Neverland Artwork  Nov 14 2014, 02:18:20 AM
I mean, I went a second time. I was rooting for the show, but I thought it was painfully trite and horribly designed.
Finding Neverland Artwork  Nov 13 2014, 02:03:02 AM
"Wait til you see the show!"

I did see it. Went twice for free each time, and STILL wanted my money back.
It certainly is ugly.

Not a good show. At all.

Finding Neverland Artwork  Nov 12 2014, 12:52:03 PM
On their website: http://findingneverlandthemusical.com

God, it's pretty ugly.

17 Again: The Musical  Nov 9 2014, 10:45:54 PM
Disney's got Freaky Friday on the docket.
Aladdin lotto recently?  Aug 26 2014, 01:17:01 AM
If you look closely in the balcony, you can see a bunch of structural support pipes.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Aug 18 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Will do. Anyone have any ideas on how I might find a pass to this screening?
Into the Woods Movie Cast  Aug 18 2014, 03:47:50 PM
Well, I live in West Nyack.... I need to find a way in.
Robin Wlliams has died.  Aug 13 2014, 01:30:22 AM
"Does anyone know if the cast of Aladdin did anything special tonight for RW?"

According to a friend, the audience was given lyrics to "Friend Like Me," and there was a sing-along during the curtain call in his memory. Here's hoping a video turns up. Sounds like a beautiful tribute.

EDIT: Not great quality, but here's a video: http://youtu.be/QzL_J4ywy_M

A broadcast of Heathers like there was for Legally Blonde  Jul 9 2014, 07:30:45 PM
From the official Heathers Facebook page:
"Have you John Hancocked the ?#?HeathersMusical? petition yet?
A very passionate Corn Nut started a Change.org petition (keep it away from JD, please) to urge MTV to film the staged version of HEATHERS. Needless to say, we wholeheartedly approve. If you agree, why not sign?"

https://www.facebook.com/heathersthemusical/posts/800341566663654

Here Lies Love - 1 ticket for $100 6/16  Jun 15 2014, 10:11:53 PM
I've seen the show already, so I'm going to pass... but if you have the chance to see this show, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's well worth the price.
PLAYBILL changing its banner to rainbow for the month of June  May 29 2014, 04:55:59 PM
Last year, the Tony program was not printed by Playbill, so assuming it's the same company again this year, I highly doubt it'd come with the rainbow Playbill banner.
Rocky Rush  May 29 2014, 03:04:10 PM
I rushed last Saturday, and was 3rd in line at 8:45. I ended up snagging 2 Golden Circle seats, 4th row dead center for the matinee.
Is row 1 to close for Rocky?  May 27 2014, 12:01:09 AM
I assume so, as that's what I got for rush! :)
That said, maybe they just had a few pairs of unsold seats in the golden circle. The folks in line next to me were a row behind me!

Is row 1 to close for Rocky?  May 26 2014, 11:44:45 PM
I rushed the show last Saturday for the matinee, and I was 5th row, dead center in the golden circle. I was 3rd in line and (I think) the first to buy tickets for the matinee. (I also got in line at 8:45am.)
ALADDIN Original Broadway Cast Recording to be released MAY 2014  May 19 2014, 06:06:56 PM
Wow, this recording is gonna be somethin' beautiful. Friend Like Me sounds incredible.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You