News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jon2

Member Name: jon2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
 Nov 11 2018, 07:47:40 AM

It's interesting if you read through reviews and message boards that even people who like her are kind of defensive and making excuses for her - this is notable for example in the rave Trib review.

Waitress new cast
 Jun 26 2018, 06:33:52 AM

Does anyone in this thread know why there has been so much turnover as Joe? First Lee Wilkof left abruptly and now Steve Vinovich seems to be gone even more abruptly, replaced by the tour Joe. 

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
 Sep 19 2017, 08:15:06 AM

If she was literally about to explode, then it makes sense that she would not want to do it 

Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical
 May 3 2016, 10:42:59 AM

I feel bad for Benanti, because this would be her year if it weren't already Erivo's year.  So much of winning awards is about luck and timing. 

CAROUSEL on Live At Lincoln Center Tonight at 9PM!!
 Apr 27 2013, 01:48:25 PM
Here's my theory: miscasting is becoming more of a problem as these kind of concerts have become more like fully staged productions with minimal scenery. Nathan Gunn might be just the guy you want to hear singing Billy -- but he's totally miscast once it turns into a full production. For my money, every single person in this one seemed wrong for the part except maybe Blythe, mostly because they all read as too urban and literate for the parts they're supposed to be playing, esp. Mueller and Dani
A.R.T Pippin
 Dec 7 2012, 08:40:18 AM
Oh man, the options for the Weisslers' stunt casting Berthe boggle the mind. They should really run with it and bring people in for a week or a month at a time.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
 Nov 18 2012, 09:00:13 AM
I was at the 11/17 satmat too and interestingly, in reference to the posts above, Jasper was only seven votes behind Bazzard as the murderer choice.

The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Excitement Level?
 Oct 21 2012, 08:25:35 AM
Does anyone have advice/experience on sightlines from the front row of the mid-mezzanine (row EE)?
Diane Paulus-Helmed PIPPIN Plays A.R.T. in December; Is Broadway Next?
 Apr 1 2012, 11:37:50 AM
Groff would be great, but Darren Criss would sell tickets. And Betty White as Berthe!
Kelli O'Hara: 'I don't want to be as ambitious as Kristin Chenoweth!'
 Aug 9 2011, 11:58:14 AM
Well, at least now she has found work ...
The Official 'Laura Benanti Was Robber' Thread
 Jun 13 2011, 11:35:55 AM
This really proves how hard it is to win a Tony for a closed show that didn't have a lot of performances. Not impossible, as others have proved in the past, but an uphill battle. The precursor awards are different because of the smaller voting pool and the greater likelihood that all the voters have seen all the shows.
2011 Outer Critics Circle Nominations Announced! SISTER ACT Leads!
 Apr 26 2011, 12:36:15 PM
Interesting for BOM Tony precedent that, after all the assumptions that Rannells is a shoo-in and Gad a maybe, it's the other way around here.
Mezzanine Boxes at AA Theater
 Jan 21 2011, 04:26:05 PM
Has anyone sat in one of these, which are listed as obstructed and partial view? Trying to figure out just how "partial" the view would be. TIA.
Diane Paulus-Helmed PIPPIN Revival in Development
 Nov 19 2010, 09:40:02 AM
Betty White was born to play Berthe! But I guess at this point it would have to be at Encores or LA Reprise ...
Rosie Wants to be Miss Hannigan 'Exclusive'; Playbill Goof!
 Nov 15 2010, 12:48:48 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned Ebersole.
Full Cast Announced for FOLLIES at Kennedy Center!
 Oct 27 2010, 11:16:27 AM
This is shaping up as yet another disappointing Follies cast. What is it with this show?
Cattrall and Dossett out of KC FOLLIES
 Sep 27 2010, 09:12:29 AM
Wonder what the story is here. I would have thought this would be a great prestige gig for Cattrall.
Actors that deserved Tonys and weren't even nominated
 Jun 16 2010, 01:49:23 PM
Dustin Hoffman in Death of a Salesman! Another one who had the bad luck to give an unforgettable performance at a time when the Tonys went out of their way to shun "movie stars," instead of the other way around.
How long is the first act of Promises running now?
 Apr 28 2010, 08:07:35 AM

Finian's Balcony Advice
 Nov 6 2009, 08:52:11 AM
I'm thinking of taking a 7-year-old to see Finian's around Thanksgiving and wondering about sitting in the front row of the mezzanine or balcony so that he has no one blocking the view in front of him. Can anyone advise me about whether are there bars across the front of the mezzanine and/or balcony that will block his view anyway, or if there are other reasons these are not good seats in the St. James? TIA.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You