News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for betsyl9

Member Name: betsyl9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Marvelous Wonderettes: Cheap Tickets?
 Sep 27 2008, 08:09:12 AM
Just to add on a little. According to their website, they do have student rush tickets for $25 one hour before curtain.
Extra ticket to Hair tonight
 Aug 8 2008, 04:36:52 PM
Hey guys,
Got an extra ticket since all the friends are busy. Anyone interested? The only thing I'm worried about is a rain cancellation but I'm hoping for the best. Anyway, PM me if you want it.

*edit* Taken!

re: 39 Steps seating question
 Jul 12 2008, 12:12:01 AM
I think I remember thinking that the front row is super close and you have to strain your neck to see. I thought fifth row was perfect and I also remember a lot of the people in that front row complaining about the view. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
re: [title of show] rush question...
 Jul 7 2008, 11:07:52 AM
When I did the lotto last night, the guy at the window was checking ID's. I believe that any ID would work as long as it has your full name and picture. And you got to give the girl running the lotto a break, it's her first time doing something like this and she's only in highschool. I actually found her to be really sweet and was pretty on time for the two times I did it. And just so all the info is in one place:

Name Entering 1.5 hours before show
Drawing at 1 hour before show
re: Cirque Dreams -- Jungle Fantasy
 Jun 24 2008, 02:58:21 PM
Saw it last night too and I agree with all of your comments. My friends and I actually left at intermission because we were so underwhelmed by the whole show. Thank god the seats were free. The show was actually pretty packed last night. Only a couple of empty seats from what I can tell. It is true that they are limited by the stage but the major thing for me was the pointless singer, aka "mother nature", and her lifetime after school special messages. If those parts were cut out then maybe it w
re: Tveit's WICKED Fiyero
 Jun 6 2008, 03:35:49 PM
"...he definitely has the charm, looks, and voice to play the character."

Definitely agree with that. I think he would have been great opposite Annaleigh...*sigh*...oh well...

re: Tveit's WICKED Fiyero
 Jun 6 2008, 03:01:40 PM
I think Aaron is wonderful. I saw him in Next to Normal, Hairspray, and Saved and thought he was great. However, part of me thinks this casting might be a little weird. Don't hate me for saying this but I just can't see him in this role especially considering he's going to be with Kerry Ellis and Kendra Kassebaum. But I definitely agree that I might have to go see it one more time just to see what he's like.
Want a ticket to Shakespeare in the Park tonight?
 Jun 5 2008, 02:19:42 PM
Hey guys,
Got an extra ticket for tonights performance if anyone wants it.

re: Boeing Boeing Stage Door
 Jun 4 2008, 03:23:56 PM
I stage doored after a Wed matinee and everyone came out except for Gina Gershon. But I had to run somewhere so she might have come out later. They were all super nice and friendly. Kathryn Hahn still had her wig cap on and was looking for her nanny so she was a little preoccupied but still signed and chatted a little with people.
re: 39 Steps/Passing Strange/August rush tickets
 May 31 2008, 04:52:43 PM
I rushed 39 steps and the seats were center orchestra about five rows from the stage in the middle of the row. I got there about 1.5 hours before the show but then again the rush seats are supposedly only offered two hours before the show.
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
 May 31 2008, 11:16:02 AM
It was a really great show and it was really nice to meet all of you guys too and maybe I'll see you all again. That thing with the pocket square almost had me rolling on the floor laughing. Jackie was definitely in top form that night. Now that I've been on stage I don't think I'll ever be able to go back. :)
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
 May 29 2008, 01:14:25 PM
Wanna Be A Foster,
Sent you a PM

re: CUBBY SPEECH TODAY!
 May 28 2008, 08:22:51 PM
Went to the event and Cubby made a rousing speech about Xanadu taking home the Tony. He got the whole crowd chanting "Yes it can!" It was really great and it does look like there will be a video since they were taping during the event. Also, right before it looked like they were taping something for a future episode with "Tony nominee" Kerry Butler and "Tony winner" Cady Huffman. LOL!

BTW, the cubcakes were delicious. I need to get that recipe for the icing.

re: Official Cubby Bernstein Thread
 May 19 2008, 03:45:52 PM
Did you all catch the shout out to Cubby Bernstein last night at the Drama Desk Awards? When Douglas Carter Beane won for Outstanding Book he said "I guess Cubby was right!" I cracked up but I don't think a lot of the audience members got the joke.
Drama Desk Ushering
 May 14 2008, 10:00:50 AM
Hey guys,
I had a quick question that I'm hoping someone could help me out with. I'm ushering at the Drama Desk awards this year and I'm not sure what exactly I should wear. They told us to wear "classically
festive party clothes" but I honestly have no clue what that means. If anyone was there last year, could you give me a sense of what people wore?
Thanks!

Annaleigh Ashford Love Part Deux
 Apr 29 2008, 08:53:46 AM
Wow, thanks for the responses guys. I'm very excited and I guess we'll work out logistics later. Thanks again and fannaleighs are the best!

DefyGravity777:
Tried to reply but it says you don't accept PM's.

re: Neil Haskell in Altar Boyz?
 Apr 29 2008, 08:50:14 AM
Saw the show last Thursday and I think he's pretty good in it. His dancing is obviously amazing and his take on the character of Luke is very funny since Neil is more the boy next door type so it's really cute to see him playing the gangster type. It's a great show though so you should have fun.
Annaleigh Ashford Love Part Deux
 Apr 28 2008, 05:22:14 PM
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone else is going to attempt the lottery on May 11th? I'm going to go it alone since all my friends are going to be studying (yay...procrastination). Would anyone want to pair up and try to increase our chances? Can't afford actual tickets on a med student budget but am too spoiled to not get great seats. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You