pixeltracker

[title of show] rush question...

[title of show] rush question...

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#0[title of show] rush question...
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:20pm

I know they have it, but the website says the box office is in midtown. Is that where you get the rush tickets as well, or do you get them at the actual theater? Where are the rush seats usually located?

Thanks folks [title of show] rush question...

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:29pm

You get them at the theater. They are $30 and is just whatever is left over. But I don't think there's much of a chance they will have them for the final weekend.

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#2re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:47pm

Ah, never thought about that...I'll try my luck for tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 9/28/06 at 11:50pm

The box office isn't in midtown. The "Ticket Central Ticket Center" is in midtown, and they want to make their "convenience fee", but it's just as "convenient" to hop on the subway and go directly to the theater without any extra charges. I've bought tickets in advance to [title of show] at the theater. They open 2 hours prior to performance, both for advance sales and rush.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

#4re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 8:19pm

I didn't want to start a new thread....do you think there will be rush for the Broadway production? I'm coming to NYC in August and I'd love to see it up close without paying $110. =]

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 8:23pm

I'm sure there will be. If not they will have a lotto which will not be too hard to win probably.

coolkid11776
#6re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 8:32pm

Will they have rush or lotto for the broadway show? If so what are the details (I called Telecharge and they didn't know if there would be rush or lotto)

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Zimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
#7re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:10pm

If you go to www.broadwaybox.com they have a great discout code right now that you can use to get great seats around $50.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#8re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:19pm

Oh, that's not right. I read the first post without looking at the date and thought they announced the rush policy.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

coolkid11776
#9re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:22pm

Thanks Zimmy
But will they have a $20-25 rush or lotto? I know they have 26.50 seats but they are up high.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

BOYFROMOZ
#10re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:43pm

Yep they will. 2 hours before is the drawing and 2 and 1/2 hours before is the sign up. From the mouth of the Box Office Guy at the Lyceum.

pli1018
#11re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 9:56pm

Crap lotto and not rush? Damn...I always lose lotteries. Oh well, I'm still gonna try!

coolkid11776
#12re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 10:56pm

How many tickets do they give out and where are the seats?

titleofusername Profile Photo
titleofusername
#13re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 6/22/08 at 11:12pm

UGH! No, no, no! Lotteries and I are not good friends at ALL.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Passing Strange (7.17.08), [title of show] (7.18.08), [title of show (7.19.08 M), [title of show] (7.19.08 E), The 39 Steps (7.20.08 M), Damn Yankees (7.20.08 E)

lotterymaster
#14re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/1/08 at 10:25am

Any current info on this???
Updated On: 7/1/08 at 10:25 AM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#15re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/1/08 at 10:34am

I asked about it yesterday and there is indeed a lotto but the guy at the box office didn't know what time it was going to be. He said he THINKS it's an hour and a half before the show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

colleen_lee
#16re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 12:06am

So, what is the verdict on this? Is lotto happening during previews and at what time?

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Wanna Be A Foster
#17re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 2:28am

Yes, $26.50. Front row orchestra.

Two and a half hours prior to performance you put in your names.

Two hours prior is the drawing.

I spoke to some of the kids in the front row tonight, and they said there were about 40 people at the drawing tonight.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#18re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 3:03am

I lotto'd tonight
they drew at seven though

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

titleofusername Profile Photo
titleofusername
#19re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 3:06am

Hate to ask another question, but how many tickets do they usually have for lotto?

UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Passing Strange (7.17.08), [title of show] (7.18.08), [title of show (7.19.08 M), [title of show] (7.19.08 E), The 39 Steps (7.20.08 M), Damn Yankees (7.20.08 E)

Wanna Be A Foster
#20re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 3:44am

gustof777, I stand corrected. I guess they are drawing one hour prior to curtain.

Did you win?

-Kad

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#21re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 5:39am

alas I didn't. I was bummed. I was by myself though. I usually have luck with Lotto's too. I thought they were pulling at an hour an half before (which is what the box office dude told me on Friday) and so I was one of the first names in. Maybe I was at the bottom. Oh well I'll see it soon

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#22re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 7:12am

i have bad luck at lottos too but i have a ticket to Saturday's performance. since i'm in E9, do you think it'd be worth it for me to try & lotto for the better seat in the 1st row or should i just settle for my (already good) seat?

yellibean2
#23re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 5:47pm

folkyboy - I was actually sitting in that seat last night and the view was terrific (dead center as well). I mean, it's really your call, but from what I saw it seemed like the front row is directly underneath the stage, so it might actually be better to sit a few rows back.

xoangel2789xo
#24re: [title of show] rush question...
Posted: 7/6/08 at 5:50pm

The lotto just does not like me.
=(

Videos