News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jon3

Member Name: Jon3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Hunter' sings the eerie hymns of a perverted soul -
 Sep 29 2004, 01:57:34 PM
I realized this morning that the link I posted yesterday is actually quite a spoiler. Even though it is a good review of the show (the headline is "'Night's' bright future"), it gives away the entire plot. So, if you haven't seen the movie and want to add to the suspense of the show, I'd wait to read the CC Times review until after you see it. Sorry not to mention this in my first post!

Jon

re: 'Hunter' sings the eerie hymns of a perverted soul -
 Sep 28 2004, 02:58:04 PM
Brian,
I saw "Night of the Hunter" on Saturday night, and was quite impressed! Your performance was so powerful and, well...brilliant. You are just the ideal actor for the part of the preacher. In fact, the entire company was extremely well cast. I was especially taken by the little girl who plays Pearl (I'm sorry that I don't remember her name). It was amazing to see a child so young turn in such a complete performance.

I don't agree with the Chronicle's view of the score...I thought it was rich and a perfect vehicle in telling the story. The closing of the first act was very powerful, both the music and the lighting effects.

There is another review at:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/entertainment/columnists/pat_craig/9770824.htm

I suspect that good things are in store for this show. I know that I plan to see it again in a couple of weeks.

Jon

re: The Night of the Hunter - Musical
 Jun 4 2004, 10:40:13 PM
Thanks for the responses, and the Playbill link. Sounds like an interesting idea...I'll let you all know how it was in a few months!

The Night of the Hunter - Musical
 Jun 4 2004, 02:58:27 PM
I'm in the SF bay area, and I noticed an ad in the paper today for one of our regional theaters (The Willows Theatre). They are producing the musical "The Night of the Hunter" in the fall. This is a theater that generally does great work which often includes up and coming new musicals, so I'm intrigued that they would pick this show (I’m assuming it is based on the old movie by the same name?). Does anyone have any information about this show? I don't remember hearing of it on Broadway.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You