News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BillyE

Member Name: BillyE
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: any theatres near The New York City Center?
 Dec 29 2009, 05:09:26 PM
http://google,com/maps/130 W 56th St, 10019
search nearby theatres

re: OT : NY recommendations
 Aug 29 2009, 06:23:02 PM
The Edison Cafe, only "45 seconds" west of Bway on 47th. Go for the atmosphere, go for the blintzs, and yes they they have all the all American breakfast grub we all love. Prices not half bad, comparable to what you'd pay at a Jersey diner, or at a Waffle House for that matter!
It's in a hotel, but not unreasonable.

re: Ave. Q to Close September 13
 Jun 30 2009, 08:45:16 PM
I'm there, rear mez but hey, I'm there.
I ruv this show, so excited!

re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
 May 24 2009, 01:13:05 PM
I do them both (alone and repeats) most of the time. Most of my companions only want to go in on Saturday nights (another work day for me) or Sunday matinees (ok in winter, but not now, got a back yard bbq to attend soon).
I'll go see an early preview about a show I'm really excited about, such as Billy Elliot or anything with Sutton Foster, and go back and try hard not to spoil.
I'm also a big Mamma Mia fan, and see it about once a year, most recently in London, along with Billy Elliot

re: Most forgotten Best Musical Winner?
 May 19 2009, 05:39:15 PM
Passion is unforgettable in my mind, mainly for the brilliant performance by Donna Murphy.
Redhead though, huh?

re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
 Aug 25 2008, 08:04:50 PM
Thoroughly Modern Millie:
7 times on Broadway, six with Sutton, including her final performance, once with Susan Egan (final performance).
Also national tours (Baltimore, Newark) last summer (Beach Haven, NJ, New Hope, PA) and West Milford (NJ) High School.
Let's see, that make 12, so far...

re: Broadway in Different Languages
 Aug 25 2008, 07:15:18 PM
mtfan, Avenue Q's "A Little Bit Racist" in German would be funny, but how would you handle "It Sucks To Be Me"?
re: Help needed in selecting 2 shows
 Aug 23 2008, 06:23:25 PM
Gypsy, absolutely! Especially since you're seeing South Pacific, another excellent choice. Two wonderful revivals with all star casts, and hard to choose one over the other.
As for the other, Xanadu is a fun show, or maybe take in a long run like Avenue Q, Chicago, or Phantom (which I just revisited a few days ago, it was great!).

re: Mamma Mia! The Movie Sing-Along Version In Theaters 8/29
 Aug 19 2008, 06:39:58 PM
This thread is too much!
Well, to make a long story short...
1st time I tried to see the movie, sold out.
ok I live down the Jersey shore (summer's busy).
Tried later, up north a bit (Linden, NJ) they had a notice before the movie "please don't add your own soundtrack")
Following week, saw it again down here in Hazlet, Monmouth County, there was no notice, and guess what? Everybody sang along!
Now you've got me going...gotta see it again.

re: Broadway virgin!
 Aug 19 2008, 06:02:27 PM
Try going on broadwaybox.com for discounts. They're usually very close to tkts, no lines, and you'll be able to see where you're sitting. It will also give you some clue as to availability.
Next week should be a bit busy (last week of summer), but the following weeks will drop off precipitously. (seasonofsavings.com)
As for Legally Blond, the new Elle Woods (Baily Hanks) seems like a real hoot. She's all over the place with interviews. Go to their web site and check the vidio of her

re: SirIus 77
 Aug 17 2008, 09:59:32 PM
The Seth interviews first air Fridays, then repeat a few more times during the week. Next chance Wednesday. Check the link by wiggun2 for times.
I heard Autumn and Baily interview today and I really got a kick out of them. Check it out you guys!

Fairytales Should Really Be Updated
 Aug 17 2008, 09:47:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the fine reviews and information. I don't know much about the Shrek movies, never seen any of them, now I guess I should. But I'm interested in anything that Sutton Foster's involved in, as well as several others here.
Does Sutton burp and fart? Aw come on now!
Anyway, I've got my tix, Nov 8. Can't wait!

re: When will they announce the replacement for Jennifer Hope Wills in Phan
 Aug 17 2008, 11:44:47 AM
I just wanted to report back here what a wonderful experience I had yesterday at Jenn's next to last performance. Front row, right behind the conductor, so close to the chandelier I could reach up and touch it. There was no obstructed view at all (could see the floor-no problem). It was fun watching all the special effects, and performers so close up.
Jenn was terrific as Christine, her mannerisms, and what a sweet voice! I got to meet her at the stage door and we had a nice little chat.

re: Variety: 'Broadway Pressure for 'Billy Elliot'
 Aug 17 2008, 11:04:19 AM
I sure hope that they don't dummy down the Gordy accents and culture for us Yanks. In the 60s, we all got very used to Liverpudlian, in fact, it was all the rage.
As a native of Sheffield, England I was disgusted with the Americanization of The Full Monty, and I refused to attend that show.

re: Best way to find out cast changes?
 Aug 14 2008, 05:53:03 PM
I just check here on broadwayworld.com on a regular basis.
For instance, I just found out a few days ago that Jennifer Hope Wells is winding down her run as Christine in FOTO. I jumped at the chance to see her next to last performance.

Aug 12 2008, 08:04:55 PM
Just an update. I just bought tix for Sat mat.
Yes I checked with her web site jenniferhopewells.org (I think)
Anyway, front row, center. Never sat so close, but I mainly I'm there to see Jenn and get a different perspective.
Should be fun!

Aug 12 2008, 07:34:27 PM
She's still there? OMG, I thought I missed her. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of going back anyway, and especially to see JHW (I adored her in Wonderful Town), but I never got around to it. Free this Sat-gonna see what I can get.
re: USA Today Reveals First Picture of d'Arcy James in SHREK
 Aug 12 2008, 07:26:15 PM
Although I don't normally go to Disney or kid shows, unless I get invited along with family, I'm looking forward to Schrek, to see Sutton Foster singing Jeanine Tesori again, Tartaglia and D'arci James to boot!
I'm making an exception for this one. Should be a fun night out!

re: Forbidden Broadway video: Behind the Mylar Curtain
 Aug 12 2008, 07:03:04 PM
Wow! That was really cool.
Can't wait to get back to the 47th St theatre.

re: Barn Theaters
 Aug 9 2008, 09:43:04 PM
There's the Barn Theatre in Montville, NJ, although it dosn't look like an old barn, in fact it's quite nice.
Down here in Monmouth county there's a community theatre group that uses the hall of the Union Beach fire house.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You