pixeltracker

NYC- last visit for awhile advice

NYC- last visit for awhile advice

Harpz2006
#1NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 9:29pm

I'm going to NYC Friday for one last time before moving to AZ to do Teach for America. I'm going with my dad, and he doesn't really want to see a show, especially not next to normal, because we just saw it a few weeks ago. However, I've been kind of dying to see next to normal again since seeing it. Would it be weird to go see it again, alone (my family insists it is bizarre to see a show more than once), or should I gamble on seeing another show, even though nothing else is really calling my name? ThanksNYC- last visit for awhile advice .
Updated On: 5/23/09 at 09:29 PM

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#2re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 9:33pm

Well, I think most people here would not call it at all bizarre to see a show more than once re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice Or to see a show alone, for that matter. If this is your last chance to be in NYC for a while I would say do what you really want to do; if that's seeing Next To Normal again, then why not? What else have you not yet seen that you are on the fence about?

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Harpz2006
#2re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 9:35pm

Haha, thanks Karen- I knew you guys would understand mere: NYC- last visit for awhile advice. I haven't seen anything else on Broadway right now other than Lion King, Wicked, Mamma Mia... I guess West Side and Hair but I'm not as invested in those shows.

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#3re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:10pm

See Billy Elliot. It's fabulous.

Meow!

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#4re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:17pm

Considering I've seen...

Les Miz X 3
Dirty Dancing X 2 (don't judge me)
Spring Awakening X 7
Wicked X 5
Billy Elliot X 5
Others

...I wouldn't consider it weird at all.

PS. I'm glad you want to see N2N again. It pretty much sets my mind at ease about seeing it during my next trip to NYC. Eight shows in six days. Is that bad? Did I mention I'm seeing five shows in London right before I head to NYC? =/

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#5re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:29pm

HAIR.

Dollypop
#6re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:38pm

Listen to your parents. NEVER see a show more than once. It's foolish to do otherwise.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Harpz2006
#7re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:43pm

Haha, really?

heo1128
#8re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:46pm

Not necessarily, I really enjoy seeing a show a second time (or 3rd or 4th). It allows you to pick up on nuances you didn't catch the first time around. It's especially interesting in Next to Normal to see how the cast interacts towards the top of the show once you are aware of the plot twist. And it's not crazy to see a show by yourself, either! I say go for it.
Updated On: 5/23/09 at 10:46 PM

Harpz2006
#9re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:47pm

Thank, heo... I just bought an inexpensive ticket for row H- you guys sold mere: NYC- last visit for awhile advice.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#10re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/23/09 at 10:50pm

Eh skip N2N and see A Perfect Crime!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#11re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 12:48am

There's nothing wrong with seeing a show more than once. I do it all the time. I say go back and enjoy it again!

Enjoy Arizona!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

margot serena pilar
#12re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 12:50am

Margot Serena Pilar thinks a quiet stroll through Central Park would be a lot more Earth-friendly than most Broadway shows are.

Harpz2006
#13re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 12:53am

haha what?

BillyE
#14re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 1:13pm

I do them both (alone and repeats) most of the time. Most of my companions only want to go in on Saturday nights (another work day for me) or Sunday matinees (ok in winter, but not now, got a back yard bbq to attend soon).
I'll go see an early preview about a show I'm really excited about, such as Billy Elliot or anything with Sutton Foster, and go back and try hard not to spoil.
I'm also a big Mamma Mia fan, and see it about once a year, most recently in London, along with Billy Elliot.
If you're a fan of the show I say go for it

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#15re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 2:45pm

Go see Blithe Spirit or the talented cast of Shrek.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

janice4
#16re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 4:56pm

I'm actually seeing Shrek on Wednesday for the FOURTH time. Everyone who comes into New York, wants to see it, so, that's where we go. I happen to LOVE the show.

tking001
#17re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:34pm

I don't think it's crazy to see a show more than once
I've seen RENT 21 times
Spring Awakening 14
& Hair 5 on broadway twice in the park & I have tickets to go back on June 9th.
I'd say Defenatly see HAIR!
Don't miss it. It's AMAZING!

sgv123
#18re: NYC- last visit for awhile advice
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:37pm

I mostly see shows by myself, and I often go see shows I like multiple times.

Videos