News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stanton3

Member Name: Stanton3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anybody Have Sunset Blvd Movie News
 Feb 25 2020, 08:30:44 PM

Its been over a year and I was wondering if anybody has had any updates on the progress of the film?  I would think with "Cats' being a huge disaster might cancel "Sunset".  Maybe if Paramount would allow Netflix to make it!! 

Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
 Mar 2 2019, 08:29:05 PM

"A Star Is Born" was hit and seeing Bradley Cooper singing is now accepted by the public.   He is however 100% wrong for the role~! That is why I started this thread. 

Please No Bradley Cooper or Gaga in Sunset Blvd
 Mar 2 2019, 08:09:29 PM

I have not read anything about casting HOWEVER I hope Bradley or Gaga are NOT CAST

Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
 Mar 2 2019, 08:08:24 PM

Anybody but Bradley Cooper

What Happened to the Original Broadway Sets (Sunset Blvd)
 Mar 1 2019, 08:32:39 PM

They are going to make the film now.  I wonder of the film sets will look like the original Broadway Production? 

Mar 1 2019, 08:25:15 PM

In 1994 They should have filmed a stage performance and released that!  However they should cast all the people that played Joe and Norma.  The men can be in the "Lady's Paying" number and the women in the number "Eternal Youth is worth a little suffering"

Mar 1 2019, 04:15:37 PM

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glenn-closes-sunset-boulevard-movie-musical-finds-director-1191627?fbclid=IwAR35L5MV47cYkWd-NJV0VoCuS2FDowDLYfSr0A6wtZ6PdqjLUANBXty1Ee8

Click this is from the Hollywood Reporter 

Tony-winning choreographer Rob Ashford will make his feature helming debut with Paramount's adaptation of the Broadway musical that in turn was taken from the 1950 silver screen classic.

Tony-winning choreographer Rob Ashford is attached to direct Paramount’s big-screen take of Broadway’s musical adaptation of the screen classic Sunset BoulevardThe Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Glenn Close, the seven-time Oscar nominee, will star in the production, reprising the role she played to great acclaim on Broadway twice before.

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber is among the producers of the project, adapted from the 1950 black-and-white classic that starred Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond, a faded and deluded silent-screen star who ensnares a down-on-his-luck screenwriter (William Holden) into her fantasy of making a comeback. A byzantine love story ensues that ends, ultimately, in tragedy.

lose is playing Desmond, a role she portrayed when the musical hit Broadway in 1994, winning her third Tony Award; she reprised the part to great acclaim in a 2016 revival that played both London and New York. The musical features a score by Lloyd Webber, with book and lyrics by Don Black and Christopher Hampton. The original production won seven Tonys in all, including best musical, book and original score.

Paramount had no comment.

A fall start is being eyed. Close had been loosely attached to the project since last year, but pieces were not coalescing until a director was found.

Ashford won a Tony for best choreography for 2002’s Thoroughly Modern Millie and earned nominations for the musicals The Wedding Singer, Curtains, Cry-Baby, Promises, Promises and Evita. He also earned best director and best choreography nominations for How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, which starred Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette.

Ashford worked as a choreographer on several Academy Awards shows and gained notices for his stage direction and choreography for the live television presentation of The Sound of Music and Peter Pan Live!

Ashford is currently represented on Broadway as choreographer of Disney's "Frozen" 

What Happened to the Original Broadway Sets (Sunset Blvd)
 Feb 9 2019, 08:55:21 PM

Just curious. I just hate to think of sets in a landfill.  

Sunset boulevard movie 2020
 Feb 9 2019, 08:52:18 PM

I wonder what happened to that original set.   I hate to think it ended up in a dumpster! 

Gypsy Who Should Play Herbie & Uncle Jocko ?
 Feb 9 2019, 04:52:26 PM

I have a feeling they will go "Hollywood" and cast Will Farrell Mathew Broadrick or Steve Carrell as Herbie.  However they should cast Nathan Lane as Uncle Jocko or Herbie.  As for the brief part of Mama Rose's Dad George Hearn!

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 9 2019, 04:45:41 PM

The problem wasn't with Amy it was Warner Brothers and Melissa.

Feb 9 2019, 04:44:15 PM

What I think the revival did that I thought was impressive was when Joe was waiting for Betty and we were getting "Flashbacks".  I thought WOW that is very impressive.  

Feb 9 2019, 04:17:48 PM

Well I think what they should do is re-build the original Broadway set.  Have it play for a limited time and film all the performances.  Then edit together a film version.  Instead of doing a theatrical release it could be done for NETFLIX

What Movies Do You WANT To Be Made Into Musicals?
 Jan 25 2019, 10:11:41 PM

"Paper Moon"  "Tender Mercies"  "The Dresser" "Tootsie" "Moonstruck" 

REVIVE CARNIVAL
 Jan 25 2019, 10:03:42 PM

If people don't want to see the play then don't buy a ticket. 

REVIVE CARNIVAL
 Jan 22 2019, 04:46:02 PM

its not that at all.  I think if people don't like a subject matter then don't see it.  I don't like comic book movies and I don't tell people that there bad films.  I just say "Not for me" 

Jan 20 2019, 05:19:06 PM

If someone wants one that can pm me

Jan 19 2019, 10:07:30 PM

How can I & not get into trouble?    I released 10 minutes of it on youtube and it was pulled down.  I wasn't even saying I had the entire show (Which by the way the revival with Glenn Close is available on youtube)  I only posted a clip.  

Jan 19 2019, 10:01:02 PM

I agree

Jan 19 2019, 05:49:40 PM

Last Summer I edited together a DVD of the show from the original staging!  It took years to collect this footage.  It is composed of professional footage I could get  and the best amateur footage.  I did this because I enjoyed the show and for not being a professional editor I think I did a great job.  I never edited anything before. I made this DVD because if a film is never made people can still see Glenn Close iconic performance!   

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You