pixeltracker

Please No Bradley Cooper or Gaga in Sunset Blvd

Please No Bradley Cooper or Gaga in Sunset Blvd

Stanton3
#1Please No Bradley Cooper or Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 8:09pm

I have not read anything about casting HOWEVER I hope Bradley or Gaga are NOT CAST

Updated On: 3/2/19 at 08:09 PM

Andres_Zayas Profile Photo
Andres_Zayas
#2Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 8:12pm

Glenn Close is already playing Norma Desmond, but the thought of Cooper as Joe Gillis sound interesting

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#3Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 8:25pm

Why is this even coming up and why did it need a thread?

Stanton3
#4Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 8:29pm

"A Star Is Born" was hit and seeing Bradley Cooper singing is now accepted by the public.   He is however 100% wrong for the role~! That is why I started this thread. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 8:44pm

I've been wondering who you didn't want cast in this specific movie. The waiting is finally over.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 9:11pm

So you brought up something that: a - isnt happening and b - isnt even rumored to be happening.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#7Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 9:27pm

Not a single person is suggesting that they should be cast.

Next.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/2/19 at 11:26pm

Neither Cooper nor Gaga, both peaking in their careers, are probably looking to be involved in supporting roles of a low-budget semi-professional adaptation of a c-grade musical.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JoshTodos
Alexander Lamar
#10Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/3/19 at 8:03am

That you thought of this, unprovoked, probably means that subconsciously you DO want them to be cast in this.

UncleCharlie
#11Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/3/19 at 10:14am

Stanton3 said: "I have not read anything about casting HOWEVER I hope Bradley or Gaga are NOT CAST

"

OK, we'll let them know, but they are NOT going to be happy about this.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#12Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/3/19 at 10:23am

While we’re at it, no Jennifer Lawrence, Jack Nicholson, Reginald VelJohnson, Zooey Dechanel, Paula Poundstone or Steven Segal! Keep them far away, too!

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#13Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/3/19 at 10:38am

Andres_Zayas said: "Glenn Close is already playing Norma Desmond, but the thought of Cooper as Joe Gillis sound interesting"

A grizzled, gravelly-sounding Joe Gillis? 
Hugh Jackman just did a "why didn't I think of that?" facepalm.

Niles Silvers
#14Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/3/19 at 8:36pm

Aside from her questionable acting capabilities, Madonna is just about the right age for this role now and would look great in all that garb.  Cooper is not such a bad idea, imo.  

UncleCharlie
#15Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/4/19 at 2:14am

Niles Silvers said: "Aside from her questionable acting capabilities, Madonna is just about the right age for this role now and would look great in all that garb. Cooper is not such a bad idea, imo."

Madonna would be perfect. After the final dramatic scene with Joe, she strips off her frumpy dress to reveal the cone bra, shouts "Hey MTV, I'm ready for my new video" and starts singing "Vogue" as the police lead her away. "Express Yourself" would also work, I think.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#16Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/4/19 at 10:11am

With her "acting" skills and limited vocal range? I know some think Close isn't much better, but at least Close is an actress. I'm a huge ass Madonna fan, but I don't want another reason for Patti Lupone to call Madonna a "movie killer" again.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#17Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/4/19 at 10:20am

This film totally does not need to be made. The musical is so-so. Close's singing at this point in her life is less than so-so. Nothing will ever compare with the Billy Wilder film. People who loved seeing Glenn Close onstage can keep their memories. Seriously.

Niles Silvers
#18Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/4/19 at 7:35pm

UncleCharlie said: "Niles Silvers said: "Aside from her questionable acting capabilities, Madonna is just about the right age for this role now and would look great in all that garb. Cooper is not such a bad idea, imo."

Madonna would be perfect. After the final dramatic scene with Joe, she strips off her frumpy dress to reveal the cone bra, shouts "Hey MTV, I'm ready formy new video" and starts singing "Vogue" as the police lead her away. "Express Yourself" would also work, I think.
"

You may indeed be on to something.  Update storyline to the late 90s, and faded former MTV video star, Norma Desmond.... genius!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#19Bradley Cooper and Gaga in Sunset Blvd
Posted: 3/11/19 at 1:08pm

poisonivy2 said: "This film totally does not need to be made. The musical is so-so. Close's singing at this point in her life is less than so-so. Nothing will ever compare with the Billy Wilder film. People who loved seeing Glenn Close onstage can keep their memories. Seriously."

I'm sure glad you settled that for everyone. Seriously.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage