News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EthelMae

EthelMae Profile Photo
Member Name: EthelMae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 23 2024, 10:11:49 AM

I thought this was going to be an impossible ticket after the Armory reviews and from the chat lines. It’s on TDF, where I purchased a ticket, and today this site announced Digital and In Person Rush plus a Lottery. 

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 07:41:26 PM

Sounds exciting and all but I’m weary from always hearing the book was the trouble with this show and this presentation isn’t using the book at all. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Mar 5 2024, 09:06:46 AM

So disappointed with this production. I was in the second row of the Balcony on the left side. The seat was fine but I couldn’t hear most of the lyrics from the get go. It was that tiny treble sound that I hate at City Center. I tuned out right away. This doesn’t have to be. I saw Dear World at the Center and had no trouble hearing from the Balcony section. The dancing was great but the book for this show never gets going. Time passes but you would only know it by someone saying,

Interview Fran Drescher and Streisand Bway World  Mar 4 2024, 09:57:59 AM

Thanks. I like to read the comments and articles on Broadway World but, boy, it’s hard not to overdose on Valium the way this site is set up by the administration here. So many times, nothing works!! 

Interview Fran Drescher and Streisand Bway World  Mar 4 2024, 09:53:17 AM

Thanks!

Interview Fran Drescher and Streisand Bway World  Mar 3 2024, 11:05:36 AM

Anyone else having trouble accessing the Drescher/Streisand interview here on Bway World? The picture of the two of them is there but nowhere to click to see the interview. Is it me?! Thanks,

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 10:55:09 AM

I’m seeing Jelly’s last show. Excited. 

I was taken aback when I saw Mr. Christopher’s wig in the clips too. I didn't recognize him either. Then I thought, Mr.  Christopher is such a fine actor (just saw his incredible performance as Sweeney Todd), he must have a reason for wearing it. Or, perhaps, the director decided to go that way. Well, I searched for images of Jelly Roll Morton on Google and, sure enough, Mr. Morton had hair that looks very similar

AMADEUS to be adapted into a series starring White Lotus' Will Sharpe  Feb 20 2024, 10:44:29 PM

We need a “series adaptation of Amadeus” because…what?

I’d like to see a television version of the original play that won the 1981 Tony Award for Best Play by Peter Shaffer, or, at the very least, a television version of Mr. Shaffer’s 1985 Oscar winning adaptation of his play.

A Sign of the Times  Feb 20 2024, 08:07:14 AM

I loved Trip of Love, Off-Broadway, which most of this town loathed. I’m curious about this new 60’s revue. For those who might have seen both shows, how do they compare? Thanks!

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 29 2024, 10:28:51 AM

Thank you so much for your post. You expressed what I have been feeling for weeks now regarding this situation.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 29 2024, 10:25:44 AM

Thank you so much for your post. You expressed what I have been feeling about this situation for weeks now.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 28 2024, 10:48:14 AM

But we, the paying public, is not satisfied leaving things the way they are.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Jan 28 2024, 06:30:51 AM

Man, some comments here are infuriating.

First, I adore Lindsay Mendez ever since I first saw her in The Marvelous Wonderettes replacing Beth Malone. She also shattered me in Significant Other. 

So, I want to see her in Merrily, not the Understudies. I’m paying top dollar and I’m entitled to see her. If she’s sick the night I go, that would be a disappointment and life would go in. But this is not the scenario here. I don’t need to know why s

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 27 2024, 12:00:50 AM

The way the Producers are dealing with this issue is abominable. Just give us the dates of the planned absences. Not the reason- just the dates. Do a Press Release and post it anywhere tickets are sold. 

I love Ms. Mendez.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway  Jan 26 2024, 11:53:35 PM

Thanks! Good info all around.

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jan 17 2024, 07:42:22 AM

Glad to hear Ms. Clark’s Understudy is so wonderful and I’m sure she is but I paid to see the Tony Award winning performance. Nothing against Understudies at all- they work their tail off- but you can understand the disappointment. As Katharine Hepburn once said on Dick Cavett in 1973, “you have to play even if you’re sick because if you don’t, and you’re a star, it’s a terrible disappointment to the audience”.  

To address another p

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jan 17 2024, 12:00:39 AM

How did you know that Victoria Clark doesn’t play Tuesday nights anymore? I ask because I went to the theatre tonight and was so disappointed to see that she was out. My partner noticed it before we went in only by chance after seeing the almost hidden Understudy Board in the foyer of the box office. 

I read a lot of chat lines, etc. and have never seen anything about her not playing Tuesdays. As an avid theatregoer, I like to think I stay on top of things like this. Had

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Previews  Sep 15 2023, 09:09:43 PM

Seeing it tomorrow matinee.

I would imagine anyone in the theatre world or others just interested in theatre would know that the title Purlie Victorious is a play and not the musical Purlie. All others just have to Google the title to know which piece they’re seeing. In this day and age it always perplexes me to overhear people in an audience not knowing a little something about what they paid, in some instances, a great deal of money for. 

IBDB  Aug 24 2023, 08:27:34 AM

Anyone else having trouble with IBDB? Whenever I do a search I get “Sorry, can’t display that page”. 

Thx. 

PS Seems to be back now!

Annie Baker's New Signature Play POSTPONED  Aug 19 2023, 09:55:06 AM

Please change the title of this Post! I freaked out that the show was cancelled! I have tickets for September.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You