News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatre Fan3

Member Name: Theatre Fan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BONNIE & CLYDE IN CONCERT starring Jeremy Jordan and Frances Mayli McCann to be made available on VOD streaming  May 10 2024, 02:44:06 PM

Has there been any indication that there will be blu ray release of this at some point down the road?

Bernadette Peters - Forever Young, Forever Free  Mar 22 2024, 08:53:48 PM

Does anybody else remember seeing this film and hearing Bernadette singing the title song?  I remember seeing an advance screening of the film sometime back around 1976 at a motion picture exhibitors convention.  Universal had acquired the film for distribution in the US an Canada.  It's original title was "e'Lollipop".  I believe when we saw that advance screening the title had been changed to just "LOLLIPOP".  At some point after that advance screening Universal re-edited the ending of the film and changed the title once again to "FOREVER YOUNG, FOREVER FREE" and that was when Bernadette singing the title song was added.  I remember the film making enough of an impression on me that I bought the Original Soundtrack LP.  It's stashed away somewhere and I should really dig it out and listen to it again.  What brought this all back to my mind after 45+ years was that I recently ran across the original full length version of the film "e'Lollipop" that had been uploaded on Youtube by the films writer and director.  Watching the film again after all those years lead me to reading more about the backstory of the film which was made during the height of apartheid in South Africa and about the connection between the two young stars of the film that has last all the years since and how, due to the circumstances of the time, their lives took drastically different paths.  It was only when one of the producers of the film was preparing for the film to be released on dvd that he began his search to find actors that had been the young stars in the film.  He found one of them and together they continued their search to find the other.  Their search was finally rewarded when people came forward after having seen coverage in the media about the search for this person.  Once both men had been found, the vastly different paths their lives had followed ended up leading to a new film about that called A MILLION COLOURS,  Once again it appears that that original title was changed for the US release and titled COLORS OF HEAVEN and I discovered that this film is currently available on Amazon Prime here in the US.  I would highly recommend these films as both are quite impactful in their own way and judging by the comments left about both of these films on Youtube, have made lasting impressions on many.  Sorry for rambling on as my original intent was to see if anybody else recalled seeing the film and remembered Bernadette singing the title song.  You can check it out here to jog your memory if needed. 

Forever Young, Forever Free - E' Lollipop - Bernadette Peters - Vocal

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 26 2024, 07:19:43 PM

Too bad they didn't adopt the release strategy for WICKED that Kevin Costner's HORIZON is getting ... Part 1 is being released June 28 and Part 2 August 16.  That makes a whole lot more sense than making people wait an entire year for the 2nd part.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 06:58:12 PM

Theatre Fan3 said: "Interesting that the title was listed as simply "WICKED" ... no mention of "Part 1" or any other subtitle."

Now that I look at it closer it is listed as "Wicked - First Look" ... so is not really a teaser for "Part 1" but for the entire 2 film project.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 06:53:53 PM

Interesting that the title was listed as simply "WICKED" ...  no mention of "Part 1" or any other subtitle.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 10 2024, 06:01:29 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "It’s called a teaser trailer and all films release these first prior to the official trailer. Don’t expect any footage from the film.

Here’s the teaser trailer for the 2006 film adaptation of DREAMGIRLS. Expect the WICKED: Part 1 teaser trailer to resemble this idea:

Just because the DREAMGIRLS teaser doesn't show any actual footage of the film other's do.   Here's the teaser for 2012's LES MISERABLES:

FROZEN Pro-shot  Feb 4 2024, 11:37:20 PM

Proshot of Frozen The Musical reportedly set for Disney+

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 22 2023, 10:53:30 PM

Pardon me if this has been discussed already but has there been word on what the plan is for a soundtrack recording?  Will they release an individual album for each film separately and then eventually release a "Deluxe Album" that includes both films once they've both been released?

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 12 2023, 12:10:59 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "First trailer is set to release tomorrow at 6 p.m. EST.

Actually, don't quote me on that. It was from an account on Twitter that looked like the actual Pop Base, but it's a fan account, so whether or not it's true remains to be seen. Although it does make sense that Universal would release a teaser with the new Trolls movie, coming out on Thursday, as well as program it in theaters with the new Hunger Games,so we'll s

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024  Sep 19 2023, 10:13:36 PM

Interesting video on the background of the Broadway version of Starlight.

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024  Sep 19 2023, 08:58:42 PM

I saw the original London production several times. It was like nothing you'd even seen in a theatre before.  First time I believe we were sitting in the front of the Dress Circle ... one of the racing tracks had been built right in front of it so the performers came whizzing by right in front of you.  Another time we were seated in the stalls.  There was an oval track that extended out into the stalls and we were seated right in the middle of that track so they were racing

Lauren Boebert Tossed Out Of BEETLEJUICE Musical  Sep 16 2023, 11:45:25 AM

soxboy22 said: "FTR, she “genuinely doesn’t recall” vaping and explains her difficult, public divorce."

Her very "difficult, public divorce" eh?  It couldn't possibly be because she was ... INTOXICATED?!?!

Lauren Boebert Tossed Out Of BEETLEJUICE Musical  Sep 15 2023, 08:39:19 PM

You know what''s even sadder than the way Boebert and MTG behave in public ... the fact that there were enough people out there to put these two in office. That scares me to death about where our country is headed!!

WAITRESS: THE MUSICAL Film to Screen in Movie Theaters This December  Sep 7 2023, 02:13:22 AM

forfivemoreminutes said: "Is it only in theatres for a week (from Dec 7-11)?"

Most Fathom Events are usually only in theatres for 2 days and only 1 showing each day so if WAITRESS is actually going to be in theatres for 5 days consider yourself lucky.

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 20 2023, 01:38:39 PM

yellibean2 said: "I do like ABBA and the show does sound cool - I think if I were in London for longer I would definitely consider it, but as is, I think I'll stick to one of these three. Still haven't decided which one, although I think I might be leaning towards Operation Mincemeat now. Who knows if that'll change tomorrow though..."

No matter what you ultimately choose I'm sure you will have a great time.  I look forward to my annual "Theatre Week In London" every year.  Have a great time and please report back after your trip.  smiley

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 19 2023, 05:09:51 PM

two ladies tickets said: "Unless you are a massive ABBA fan, I would skip Voyage. I love ABBA, but I found this production to be a letdown. I obviously knew that they were going to be holograms and the sound was phenomenal but at the end of the day I didn't think it was worth it. And on a technicality: Abba Voyage is in Stratford not London and yes, Stratford is very close to London, and very easy to get to on public transportation but The OP was specifically talking about London

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 19 2023, 10:54:07 AM

ABBA VOYAGE Audience Reactions

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 19 2023, 03:45:53 AM

Just throwing this out there ... it's not a show in the sense of Cabaret, Guys and Dolls or Operation  Mincemeat but you might consider the ABBA VOYAGE CONCERT.  It's an amazing evening unlike anything you've every seen before and you can only see it in London.  There is talk of building replica arenas in other select markets around the globe but that will be a MINIMUM wait of at least 2 years from now.  I saw it this past March while I was in London for a week

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 12 2023, 08:06:26 PM

This current discussion has sidelined the original intent of the "Subject" of this thread and should have opted for starting a completely new thread for this topic of discussion!!

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Jun 30 2023, 11:20:19 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "

"

How did you upload that picture?  When I click on the "imagine" icon above it wants me to enter a URL but there isn't one ... it's just a scan stored on my computer.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You