News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hachot

Member Name: hachot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

heidi chronicles
 Mar 31 2015, 04:24:37 AM
Saw it, liked it very much, received good reviews- why is it doing so poorly at the box office? Explanation?
Will Fiddler on the Roof Recoup?
 Mar 25 2015, 11:44:16 PM
What is the casting that's been announced?
Wolf Hall Previews
 Mar 25 2015, 11:43:00 PM
This is truly event theatre-- and as I noted earlier the Marathon is definitely the way to go.
A once in a lifetime experience.

Fun Home and Wolf Hall on TDF.
 Mar 25 2015, 10:36:46 PM
I hear Wolf Hall was really a Fun Home (except for some of the wives)
Fun Home and Wolf Hall on TDF.
 Mar 25 2015, 10:17:21 PM
I hear Wolf Hall was really a Fun Home (except for some of the wives)
Will Fiddler on the Roof Recoup?
 Mar 25 2015, 10:13:22 PM
It's not so soon, let's say, as La Cage Aux Folles in 2005 and then in 2010 or The Color Purple coming back after 7 years. Fiddler's been gone for a decade and it's arguably as good if not a better musical than "La Cage" or "Purple". I think there might be a large audience for it, especially people who were left cold by the last, rather austere production. It will be exciting to see Bart Sher's take on it. I for one look forward.
Wolf Hall Previews
 Mar 22 2015, 10:03:02 PM
Just one word after seeing the Marathon: WOW!
THE HEIDI CHRONICLES Previews
 Feb 25 2015, 12:35:19 AM
hmmm. saw Heidi tonight. Very much enjoyed it, especially the performance of Elisabeth Moss, who has a firm grasp on the evolution of the character and is incredibly effective and moving in the monologues. Jason Biggs is excellent and I think Bryce Pinkham will eventually realize the character of Scoop but right now appears a little tentative. Nonetheless, I think many in the audience really liked his performance. The play is both funnier and more substanial than I remember it; I wonder of
Heidi Chronicles
 Feb 21 2015, 06:17:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing this again...but...it's been a long, long time (over 25 years). The big question: will it still be pertinent...?
BESIDES HAMILTON
 Feb 16 2015, 11:18:02 PM
Which musical will live up to all its hype this spring? Any thoughts?
BESIDES HAMILTON
 Feb 16 2015, 11:17:53 PM
Which musical will live up to all its hype this spring? Any thoughts?
IT'S ONLY A PLAY, FISH, or YOU CAN'T
 Feb 15 2015, 01:43:33 PM
Friend coming into town next weekend and want to see a Broadway comedy. The only three I see playing are "It's Only a Play", "A Fish in the Dark" and "You Can't Take It With You." Enjoyed them all in varying degrees...which would you recommend?
1984 PBS Television Production of YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU (1983 Broadway Revival )
 Feb 9 2015, 10:40:53 PM
just saw the current Broadway revival and thought it was a wonderful production. For me it stacks up favorably against the 1984 PBS presentation. Annaleigh Ashford is the brightest young star Broadway has produced since Kristin Chenoweth lit up the stage in "Charlie Brown." She may even get a Tony nomination in a very crowded field. James Earl Jones had warmth,gravitas and sly humor and it's unlike anything he's ever done before. Great to see Richard Thomas and Elizabeth Ashley on stage too
American Psycho to start previews February 2016 at a TBA Shubert Theater
 Feb 7 2015, 11:23:58 PM
Know a friend who saw the workshop and said it was "dazzling" and that Ben Walker would emerge as a major star. Also loved Zosia Mamet, who is so wonderful in "Girls". She said that Duncan Sheik's score was as good as his work on "Spring Awakening". Now that's dazzling.
this is an awful season
 Feb 7 2015, 11:17:40 PM
A season that has produced a powerful and important new American play like "Disgraced"; a first-rate British import in "Curious Incident" and a wonderful, exhilarating revival of a classic American comedy "You Can't Take It With You" can hardly be termed "awful" or "crap"
Good Broadway Producers..Bad Broadway Producers
 Jan 29 2015, 09:30:12 PM
Would also add the Richards/Frankel team-- last year they did Lady Day, Glass Menagerie and All the Way...three straight plays that recouped as well as Blithe Spirit in London which was a success. Realistic Joneses didn't work financially but it had its enthusiasts and detractors. Their only out and out bomb was the sad Bridges of Madison County.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You